Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT (31170 Views)

31 States Owe CBN N340bn Bailout Funds / Sell Returned Private Jet, Fund Critical Sectors In Rivers – APC Advises Wike / How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by oluwazoba25: 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Who controls critical sectors in the SE?
maybe na him family people�
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by mainkendo: 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2021
These writing are exaggerated and purported to massage the egos of the igbo's into thinking that they have earned so much from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by BlackFlamefromP: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2021
You are right man. Most major markets all over Nigeria are dominated by igbos and they still dominate more than 99% of markets in the east.

Now take a look at this: I know you may be an igbo man but I want you to put tribal sentiment aside an face some reality: would you agree with me that something must be wrong with the psyche of igbo people as a race?

I mean despite all the freedom and economic dominance igbos are enjoying all over Nigeria, for this same people to be shouting that they want freedom from Nigeria as if they were in slavery in the first place really says a lot about the state of the psyche of an igbo man.

What exactly do igbo people want? Well, I believe their insatiable greed and lust for economic and political power and dominance over every other tribe is what has been their undoing. Just my thought.

Starcrest1:

So you are waiting for the Igbos to collect other sectors from you people after they don collect the commercial sector abi? You ain't serious.
All the Major markets in Nigeria have Igbos dominating there. The ones in the east is controlled by the Igbos too.
Continue sleeping you hear?
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Masterito(m): 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
What are you talking about? Lol, obviously you don't travel. They still 99 percent of the properties in the East. I am not IBO but I have been to Enugu and Owerri, they are doing well.
Monogamy:
Yet they couldn't replicate same in their home region.

Abegii, before you dash me clothes, I must see your wardrobe
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by honeyB2018: 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2021
This is one of the most stupid and sentimental report ever, to have come from the stable of daily post.
First, what' re the components of any state economy? Is it only the retail businesses and hospitality, as mentioned in the post. Who controls other sectors of the state economies and why are the not mentioned? Why the singling of the Igbos only? ANOTHER GENOCIDE LOADING.
Secondly, was there any attempt, by the Igbos in the mentiloned states and report, to prevent the indegenes from developing along side tbe Igbos in the said sector? ONE CAN CLEARLY, FROM THIS REPORT SEE THE REASON BEHIND THE HATRED FOR THE IGBOS IN NIGERIA ( daily post, who control the oil and security sectors of tbe economy)
Thirdly, have you ever considered why majority of tbe Igbos are into retail businesses? This is tbe cause of the agitation, A country, where merit is sacrifice for mediocrity, people will be forced to the area, where they have coparative advantage
The Igbos are not only good in commerce, when allowed to strive like other tribes, can equally do well.
That doesn't mean other tribes are not, good, but equal opportunities are not given to them like others, hence all the energeis are chanled into commerce.
To prove that another genocide and case of abandon property is not in the offing, daily post as news medium and the reporters in the 31 states, should also a report on who control the other sectors in the ecomomy of the respective states
They can tell us also, why one tribe is in control of the security appartus of a whole country..

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by asha80(m): 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:
You are right man. Most major markets all over Nigeria are dominated by igbos and they still dominate more than 99% of markets in the east.

Now take a look at this: I know you may be an igbo man but I want you to put tribal sentiment aside an face some reality: would you agree with me that something must be wrong with the psyche of igbo people as a race?

I mean despite all the freedom and economic dominance igbos are enjoying all over Nigeria, for this same people to be shouting that they want freedom from Nigeria as if they were in slavery in the first place really says a lot about the state of the psyche of an igbo man.

What exactly do igbo people want? Well, I believe their insatiable greed and lust for economic and political power and dominance over every other tribe is what has been their undoing. Just my thought.

if you feel something is wrong with the psyche of an igboman then maybe other ethnicities have no psyche at all to feel ok with nigeria has turned into which is making most of the young population of different ethnicities try to run away from the country

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Starcrest1: 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:

Have you ever seen me shouting Biafra up and down. To me, Biafra will even restrict the Igbos. Most people shouting Biafra doesn't know that Biafra wouldn't be the end of their problems.
To me Nigeria should be restructured so that the common man can benefit, that way everyone will thrive.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by AfonjaConehead: 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

Receive deliverance from poverty...
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Idiko1: 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2021
athaboi:
In 2018 I was in a place called kontagora in niger state.. .is one of the extreme end town of niger state bordering kebbi state. That place is local government of the present government of niger state abubakar Sani Bello! The biggest and only decent hotel called JAMAL is owned by an igbo man. Igbos has a settlement there called dadin kowa...they buy land and build decent houses there, built a big Catholic cathedral.. they control their local market, building materials, spare parts and other commerce in that place. Imagine doing this in far away kontagora in niger state! Is just a fact that these guys are controlling retail business in Nigeria even though the percentage may not be up to what the writer is putting up

Funny enough, it remains the first place Yoruba settled after their migration from a certain region in Upper Volta. Yoruba were co-journey people with Fulani.
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by AroOkigbo(m): 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

Osun vs Ebonyi
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by georgeakins: 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2021
This apprenticeship thing is what other tribes should imbibe. It has really helped the Ibos. But I don't believe in those fake figures and statistics being thrown up by the writer.
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by TUTU147: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2021
Igbos buy land and rent shop to do their business, the government never gave them Land and market for free.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Idiko1: 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with psyche of igbo people as human race. Nigeria is a glorified heap of rubbish. I guess Igbo people had the psychic of a distance runner and the race does not end after100 meters. Nigeria is a basket of fools with no visionary acumen.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Obidikejr(m): 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Every region has her two by 2 shops

Igbo's are not.only the people doing that kind of business in SW, I don't know about ur state or region.

But I'm 100% sure that in any Town (apart from Lagos) in SW, for every single thing an Igbo man is selling, there are hundreds of Yoruba's doing the same.

BTW, retail business ain't the only business driving economy.

Which region has more in Music than SW?
What about Techs, ITs, Education, Tourism, Art

Are igbos telling me.there into this than SW?
And all these things don't drive the economy than retail business?
U keep calling music, film, art, tourism like it adds a Dent into the Nigerian gdp. Lmao. Rest.

IT, Tech, Education Igbos have a huge share of those industry.
But if you care to read what the op was trying to say, his interest was Igbo's investment in trade and landed properties. this doesn't mean others don't! Igbos just make up the majority.

You guys just have a fragile ego.
The north is known for political doggedness, does this mean other tribe aren't into politics? No.

The west is acclaimed to be the citadel of Nigeria's educational space, does this mean other tribes aren't educated? No.

The East is known for its business acumen and industrious nature, does this mean other tribes don't do business? No.

The 3 main tribes are known to be foundstionally good at something and probably not so much on other things. It's not new. You're being worked up unnecessarily.

Reading everyone's comment, I can only say alot of you should grow up and live up to the expectations of what you're acclaimed to be - educated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by georgeakins: 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2021
kettykin:

Retail trade, go and check the biggest business partners to MTN, Samsung electronics, DSTV, etc there are sensitive issues I don't want to reveal here

Besides Airpeace, obike air is coming and Chisco Air, there are more than 10000 buses flying across Nigeria daily PMT alone owns 3000.

Truth is only very few igbos understand the economic empire of the igbo nation .

Ibos are a bunch of people who always talk like illiterates, even few educated ones among them talk like illiterates.

They overestimate themselves and underestimate others , that is why they were humiliated during Biafra war.

Air peace belongs to Peace Jonathan. Onyeama is a failed lawyer who has never run any business in his life before the advent of Air peace.
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Niwdog(m): 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2021
It's only on social media people keep leaving in denial
Which community in Nigeria is not benefiting the presence of Igbo man there

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Abagworo(m): 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:

You don't understand the issue at hand which is real development not individual success

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Lovelyn451(f): 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

be deceiving urself there, no collect cloth, dey find my wardrobe
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Burruchaga71(m): 1:10pm On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

Then go to South East and see for your self.... Anumpama

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Cosbyrich: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

I don't know of other regions.

BUT not SOUTHWEST cool

Economy is not only buying and selling of electronics, and second hand phones and parts.

For every Igbo man selling any of those in any towns SW, there are hundreds of hundreds selling similar in The same town.

I don't know why people think economy is solely based on Buying and selling of second hand clothes and spare parts.

Who controls the Music, Movies, Arts, Education, Plywoods, Techs, ICT, ceramics, Building materials, Tourism, Agriculture etc?

Lol, ECONOMICS should be a major.course to be studied in South East

The greatest Nigerians in business in the olden days and in recent times....not petty traders....
have always been Yorubas both in Nigeria and abroad.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Cosbyrich: 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
Igbos lead in SPORT(football,basketball,athletics Highest olympic medal etc)TRANSPORT(GUO,Peace mass,Godstime,Air peace,Sosoliso etc)ENTERTAINMENT(Nollywood is d 3rd rated in the world,igbos lead in gospel&highlife musics,hipop 50:50)EDUCATION(Igbo states hv been leading in waec,neco,jamb for decades)ICT(Zinox one of d best computers in d world is produced by Leo Stan Ekeh)INDUSTRIES(Igbos lead in indigenous industries innoson,seplat,nestoil,chikason etc)TRADE&COMMERCE(Onitsha,ariaria&nnewi markets are one of d biggest in AFRICA).BANKING(UBA&ZENITH)COMMUNICATION(Igbos hv the highest shareholding in mtn) and other numerous achievements

lol
Continue to deceive yourself.
Yet Ogun state IGR is more than the IGRs of the entire SE states and Igbos are the most poverty stricken people in the South.
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Ibadanpikin: 1:45pm On Jun 30, 2021
Cosbyrich:

lol
Continue to deceive yourself.
Yet Ogun state IGR is more than the IGRs of the entire SE states and Igbos are the most poverty stricken people in the South.
But do u know that Ondo,Oyo,Osun,Ogun and Ekiti states has the highest number of brown roofs and mud houses in Africa,even without experiencing a war due to poverty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by rdokoye: 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2021
BlackFlamefromP:

We want our own country, why is that so difficult for you to grasp?

This pedicament is akin to the analogy, the one eyed man within the mist of the blind, is king. Yea, Igbo people are doing better than everyone else (through our own hard work, I might add), but that doesn't negate the fact that Nigeria is a failed state.

Why should we be happy to exist in such a rundown nation simply because we're making a bit of money? Igbo people desire to live in a developed first world nation, that's what we want.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Ubanz: 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Every region has her two by 2 shops

Igbo's are not.only the people doing that kind of business in SW, I don't know about ur state or region.

But I'm 100% sure that in any Town (apart from Lagos) in SW, for every single thing an Igbo man is selling, there are hundreds of Yoruba's doing the same.

BTW, retail business ain't the only business driving economy.

Which region has more in Music than SW?
What about Techs, ITs, Education, Tourism, Art

Are igbos telling me.there into this than SW?
And all these things don't drive the economy than retail business?

This is an article by Daily Trust, it's their opinion.
It's not written by an Igbo media.
But I believe it's partly true.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Conrod: 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

This very proverb has kept ur people inside their cocoon,unfortunately .
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Cosbyrich: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
But do u know that Ondo,Oyo,Osun,Ogun and Ekiti states has the highest number of brown roofs and mud houses in Africa,even without experiencing a war due to poverty.
lol
Yes,all the more than 10 GRAs in Ibadan all have brown roofs.It doesnt stop Igbos being the most poverty stricken people in the South.
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by igbowoman: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
I dont like when these things make news like this.
It only increases their hatred for us
Let us dominate but please let us do it covertly in silence
We are born to dominate
That is our akaraka

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Arabaincubus: 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
This is the type of news that Lai Mohammed should aim to stop and not Twitter. Why the inventory?

Now they know they are everywhere, when it's time for elections, they will forget that they can be the majority tribe in Nigeria.

It really shows that the others are very afraid of the Igbo and their agitations.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by ifeco4(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
Its true that igbos are industrous but Igbo's don't own 80% of bayelsa economy.
I am sure of that, they only repair phones at tombia junction and I won't call that 80% of Bayelsa economy

I guess U lack comprehension right?
U decided to ignore the various sectors the poster highlighted and focused on only Tombia phone repairers. Igbos controls 80% of Bayelsa economy U can go and jump into Swali river.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by breathelove(f): 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

I don't know of other regions.

BUT not SOUTHWEST cool

Economy is not only buying and selling of electronics, and second hand phones and parts.

For every Igbo man selling any of those in any towns SW, there are hundreds of hundreds selling similar in The same town.

I don't know why people think economy is solely based on Buying and selling of second hand clothes and spare parts.

Who controls the Music, Movies, Arts, Education, Plywoods, Techs, ICT, ceramics, Building materials, Tourism, Agriculture etc?

Lol, ECONOMICS should be a major.course to be studied in South East
I am from Ghana, These Igbos control most business in west Africa. I respect them. Everyone in Africa knows Igbo film. That's what we watch everyday. The Yoruba's are not doing bad, they also do business especially in Ivory coast but in general, Igbos dominate Africa in Business. I was surprised to learn that they don't control Nigerian politics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by BlackFlamefromP: 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2021
My son, there are two types of Nigeria - the Nigeria you were born into and the Nigeria you create through your thoughts and actions.

Now, if you are not from a privileged background it's possible the Nigeria you were born into may not have been an ideal environment and the circumstances you find yourself may not have been favorable.

But the good news is: YOU can always create a better Nigeria: A Nigeria of your dream where you live in abundance, comfort and peace. Such Nigeria is possible. It starts with your thoughts, and then your spoken words, then your actions.

Has it ever occured to you that an average Nigerian including you yourself have contributed to Nigeria's woes and all the evil going on in this country through your negative thoughts and words about the country?

Life reflects your own thoughts back to you. And life gives back to you what you put into it. These are spiritual laws of life meaning that it's what you sow into Nigeria through your thoughts and actions that you will reap! It is what you give Nigeria that Nigeria will give back to you. The nature of your thoughts about Nigeria will be reflected back to you through your experience.

Think about this and amend your ways my son!

Idiko1:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with psyche of igbo people as human race. Nigeria is a glorified heap of rubbish. I guess Igbo people had the psychic of a distance runner and the race does not end after100 meters. Nigeria is a basket of fools with no visionary acumen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tony Anenih Refuses To Honor EFCC Invitation / Serving Military Men Involved In Kidnapping – Mike Ejiofor Ex DSS State Director / NIMC: National ID Card Replacement Costs N5,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.