Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT (31160 Views)

31 States Owe CBN N340bn Bailout Funds / Sell Returned Private Jet, Fund Critical Sectors In Rivers – APC Advises Wike / How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by XaintJoel20: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2021
KillMNKnow:
We they good in commerce

HOW TO SOFTLY BREAK A WILD HORSE

Things You'll Need

Softly breaking in a horse is no easy task. It takes time, dedication, patience and most of all, compassion. It is important to understand the concept of fear—if you aggravate or scare the animal, it will not respond well. Be prepared to be bucked, kicked or even bitten at first. Wild horses have an innate fight or flight response. Use compassion and connection to bridge the gap of master and beast, until the animal learns to respond positively to your presence.

We will surely break the few mustangs
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Kennydoc(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

Which of the major cities in SE? Where are the progressing economy and properties building..

If all those listed are there in SE, why are the people leaving the region enmass?

As you guys keep saying that Igbos are leaving the South East, it makes me realise how dumb some of you are.

Igbos are not leaving the East enmass. They are simply going to other regions that are less saturated with business to start trading. That is why they dominate the markets in many states, which is what this article is trying to portray.

Onitsha alone has 4-5 major markets. How do you think an upcoming trader will survive there? He will rather go to Taraba where there are fewer markets and less trading awareness.

Igbos are not running away from the East. From 2016 population projection, Anambra was the 10th most populous state in Nigeria and considering its small size, it had the 2nd highest population density after Lagos. Imo was the 14th most populous state also with one of the highest population density.

If Igbos are running away from the East, how come Eastern states retain a decent population despite their small size? The overall population of the South East of course will remain smaller than other regions because South East has 5 states while others have 6 and the North West 7.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Cof1ex(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2021
Little do you know that Igbo's camouflage....
They speak any language fluently that you might mistakenly call them indigen, and lastly they mostly don't mingle with their people for some reasons..
richmond500:
Its true that igbos are industrous but Igbo's don't own 80% of bayelsa economy.
I am sure of that, they only repair phones at tombia junction and I won't call that 80% of Bayelsa economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Kfed4ril(m): 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:
Yet they couldn't replicate same in their home region.

Abegii, before you dash me clothes, I must see your wardrobe

Lol
Have you been to the east?
Have you been to Onitsha, Aba, Nnewi? Just to name a few

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Kfed4ril(m): 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

Airport Agreed but not retail trade.
Even the Airport, SE has only Air peace and we have Ibom air or so. (so I don't fully subscribe to that)
Retail trade only add less than 15% of the economy and not only SE controls it.

Banking is not peculiar to igbos

Lol
You’re no more sw you’re now ss.
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Kfed4ril(m): 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Well the fellow wouldn't be from the south east that's for sure.

All the Yoruba man lives for is just for an Igbo man not to ever become President, he doesn’t care it all his people are dying as far as an Igbo man isn’t President he’s ok.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Headachetoigboh(f): 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
Fahdiga1:
Now that Kanu has been arrested Aboki and Afonjas will now take over all those Igbo properties

Hahahaha. Let them go and take nah.
Lazy people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Headachetoigboh(f): 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
I am sure of that, they only repair phones at tombia junction and I won't call that 80% of Bayelsa economy

Check your ancestry lands,who dey buy am even that one behind your father's house,who buy am. Am waiting for your own portion of land, anytime u wan sell am,halla @ me bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Kfed4ril(m): 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2021
yorubarere:
Dailypost a Fulani paper now pressing ipob mumu buttons after arresting their son. Who says Fulani ain't smart?

They achieve 2 things with this asslicking.

1. Show Igbos they stand to lose everything if they breakup.

2. Take their eyes away from their son rotting away in a Fulani jail.

Wonderful cheesy

Yoruba are really obsessed with Igbo man,
Hausa man write something about Igbo man, Igbo man keep quiet, Yoruba man come talk say na lie. Yet Yoruba man still believe say them press Igbo man button.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Mathoj: 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

Have you being to South East before? Please go there and see developments by individuals. Ndigbo is only angry that the federal government is not doing doing it's own duty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Ezmans: 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2021
Monogamy:

what do you want from Igbo regions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Ezmans: 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2021
laplace12:

Show me a property in your house you didn't buy from an Igbo man.

Do some inventory bro.
95 percent of property in my house was bought from Igbo person
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by philisto: 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2021
how many fulanis can pay for a house rent in south east

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Easternblood: 7:20pm On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

I don't know of other regions.

BUT not SOUTHWEST cool

Economy is not only buying and selling of electronics, and second hand phones and parts.

For every Igbo man selling any of those in any towns SW, there are hundreds of hundreds selling similar in The same town.

I don't know why people think economy is solely based on Buying and selling of second hand clothes and spare parts.

Who controls the Music, Movies, Arts, Education, Plywoods, Techs, ICT, ceramics, Building materials, Tourism, Agriculture etc?

Lol, ECONOMICS should be a major.course to be studied in South East
So let me guess yorubas control all you mentioned? Anu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by SouthEastFacts: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:

You must be joking.

From Milverton Okilo road in Igbogene to Tombia are firmly under Igbo control. Go to Otueke housing Jonathan house and the Federal University is equally firmly in the hands of igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Obakashdee(m): 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2021
CSTRR:

Which money bayelsa people get?

Oil bunkering money?

Lol so na only oil bunkering dem Dey do for bayelsa, I’m sure you’ve never stepped leg inside bayelsa before
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Obakashdee(m): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
asha80:
the baylesa rich men are they taxable though?can you tax their income or biz they do?

No you can’t, because to you it’s only oil bunkering they do in bayelsa. Have you even been to bayelsa before?
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Wally00: 10:36pm On Jun 30, 2021
Writer of this article is biased. We, yorubas, dominate all universities in south. we control the banking sector, music, movie, aviation, tourism, manufacturing, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, we control all market in SW, SS and some part of North and middle belt. so omo igbo get your facts right.
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by jimmynauty: 11:08pm On Jun 30, 2021
Is these out of envy or what?
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by FManager(m): 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2021
tujays:
[s]allow them with the fake stats usually dished out from time to massage the ego of the Igbos. Imagine Abuja that is owned by Gwarri's and Hausas now claiming in this report to be 70% Igbo ownership. meanwhile the top richest business men in Nigeria are Northerners followed by the Southwest. we all know why they are using this statistics to give the chestbeaters a boost to their ego. the same Igbo that says the Hausas and north hates them? how come they own the north and still cry marginalization I just don't understand this people. grin[/s]

I see it must be very difficult swallowing this foody content, sorry but I hope it's not choking you too much tongue, but I can say where you typed this trash you must be living in a poverty stricken environmentally harsh area, but just try and swallow it carefully it will help. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by EmekaA125(m): 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2021
richmond500:
u forgot to mention 2X2 shops, stolen spare parts, phone repairs etc.

I was trying to be savage, but its actually true that the Igbo's are industrous
U tried to be funny but you ended up sounding like a fool. Lol

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by EmekaA125(m): 11:44pm On Jun 30, 2021
noleflendum:
Fulani DSS should never allow that boy to Olosho again
Always talking out of context. The only thing you came to do on Nairaland is to mock Kanu even though you don't see yourself amounting to anything useful in life. Lol

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by EmekaA125(m): 11:54pm On Jun 30, 2021
Sammy07:

SW doesn't control movie yet highest grossing income Nollywood movies are from Yoruba people.

SW doesn't control Agriculture, Yet South West leads in Agricultural produce in The entire SOUTH.

SW doesn't control Education yet top 10 best universities, polytechnics, and tech schools More than half are based in SW and owned by Yoruba people

SW doesn't control tourism, yet none of your region generate as much tourism as Redemption camp, Living Faith Camp, Deeper life camp, synagogue camp.

I don't argue with clowns, table ur facts if you beat south west in any of the above.
I guess 2 by 2 shops generate more income and foreign investment than those above.

Clowns everywhere. Aguleri bear parlous gist everywhere.
Shut up you afonja miscreant. The only thing SW control is fake Church hungry extortionists called Pastors who have no means of livelihood. Oh I forgot to mention their ever booming skull mining and babalawo ritual killing which they're scamming unsuspecting victims. SW economy is skull mining grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by EmekaA125(m): 12:01am On Jul 01, 2021
dederocs:
Parasites, if dem get biafra, hope they stay there. Ibos gain from Nigeria, we gain nothing from them, they sell fake things.
Ur tears are forever flowing. Cry more ezi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by EmekaA125(m): 12:04am On Jul 01, 2021
Ibadanpikin:
Yoruba movies are only watch in SW,The yoruba states we watch on media and nairaland has nothing to write home about apart Lagos no mans land.
Very very local and boring scene. U will end up watching littered brown rusted roof even when Director and DOP usually edit and crop it out. Olohun Oshe grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by Ibadanpikin: 12:09am On Jul 01, 2021
EmekaA125:

Very very local and boring scene. U will end up watching littered brown rusted roof even when Director and DOP usually edit and crop it out. Olohun Oshe grin grin grin
But the called their useless movies grossy movies.which one be grossy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by EmekaA125(m): 12:18am On Jul 01, 2021
honor4me:

I discovered the same in Azare in far far away Bauchi. That was way back in 1988!
I stayed many years in Abia, precisely Aba. My brother from the East who I still love till date should know how hard it’s to get even a plot of land to buy if you are not an indigene. Even for the indigene, you know what you will go through to secure a land! But we love them. The likes of Kanu who never really stayed long at home are the problems with their warped perspectives of Nigeria. Nigeria had been there now for only 60 something years as a Nation. That’s just a dot in the time space of a Nation. Buhari that you all hate will soon finish his tenure and if not for the way self determination agitation is being pursued, sooner or later the people from East could also be given the opportunity to control the country. I dare to mention that even in America where there was similar agitation which unfortunately led to war there. It took almost hundred years to produce a President from the anti-federalist Zone. History is there.

So what's your point?
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by EmekaA125(m): 12:21am On Jul 01, 2021
babaolofin:

You are a liar. The report is correct. You are talking out of ignorance. The IBOs control 60% of the business in Lagos . From Ijora to mile 2, from Oshodi to mile 2, from Olodi Apapa / Coconut to mile 2 , from mile 2 to Alaba International, from Alaba to Agbara (excluding Industrial estate) and beyond, estimated 60% of the major properties and businesses belong to the IBOS. My Yoruba people are selling their ancestral lands and houses including their ancestors graves to the IBOS. They claim to excavate the bones of the dead ancestors to another place. When they spend the money, they return back to bus stops as area boys. Our women are selling sachets alcoholic drinks at bus stops and street corners combined with prostitution.
Chai. This is too much on afonjas abeg. Yoruba ladies are the sweetest to make love to despite their flaws grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by ril19(m): 4:12am On Jul 01, 2021
richmond500:

Listen to yourself. Is it possible for the Igbo man to enter your town and only repair phones? Instead they come to your town and do that which you have been unable to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by dederocs(m): 6:30am On Jul 01, 2021
EmekaA125:

Ur tears are forever flowing. Cry more ezi
Facts, people hate Ibos cos they are greedy, they sell poison (fake medicine) for money...no one else does this. You guys are cursed.
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by noleflendum: 6:35am On Jul 01, 2021
EmekaA125:

Always talking out of context. The only thing you came to do on Nairaland is to mock Kanu even though you don't see yourself amounting to anything useful in life. Lol
cownu is now in zoo
Re: How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT by omokab: 7:28am On Jul 01, 2021
Sammy07:

I don't know of other regions.

BUT not SOUTHWEST cool

Economy is not only buying and selling of electronics, and second hand phones and parts.

For every Igbo man selling any of those in any towns SW, there are hundreds of hundreds selling similar in The same town.

I don't know why people think economy is solely based on Buying and selling of second hand clothes and spare parts.

Who controls the Music, Movies, Arts, Education, Plywoods, Techs, ICT, ceramics, Building materials, Tourism, Agriculture etc?

Lol, ECONOMICS should be a major.course to be studied in South East
Do you even think those ingrate understand what economy is all about? Hawking and selling as now turn to dominating of major economy of a state. Like I. Oyo state especially in Ibadan I don't know where and what they are dominating. It is a normal thing for a tribe living outside their normal environment to settle in one particular area to trade and live ,just like Hausa people settle in Nikola and Yoruba's settle Nasarawu in go be and some other part. A popular called iso part was dominated by Yoruba in Ibadan. We have hairdresser s,barbing saloon,carpenters, tailor etc dominating by Yoruba's not to talk of industries owned by Yoruba like yanetti floor mills,pure water industries, bakery,schools, hospitals,event centers like Bogor etc. They are only looking to be relevant after capturing their hero like a GOAT and put inside a box to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New ISWAP Leader, Malam Bako, Killed By The Military / What Emir Sanusi, Soludo And Ezekwesili Said About Nigeria's Economic Crisis / 'PDP To Boycott 2019 Election If…' - Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.