Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Why Do Nigerian Men In Diaspora Come Back Home To Marry Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Men In Diaspora Come Back Home To Marry Wife (527 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Men In Diaspora Come Back Home To Marry Wife / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / Man Sends Wife And New Born Baby Packing, Set To Marry Wife’s Sister (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Men In Diaspora Come Back Home To Marry Wife by wwwkaycom(m): 4:02am On Jul 01, 2021
My childhood friend lives in California State in the US. He now an assistant professor in a university in Los Angeles. He told me he's coming home to marry a girl from our village in October.
My boss's son is a computer engineer based in the Atlanta, Georgia State. My oga has been pressurizing the young man to come home to pick a wife, he's coming to marry an OAU Ife undergraduate when she finishes her course later this year, they got engaged in 2019, if not for COVID-19, they'll have married in 2020.
A medical doctor who is my elder sister coursemate at the University/medical school came home to marry someone from his village in 2011, the marriage scatterd in 2017 just 6 years after he had invested so much in taking the lady abroad and even trained her as a nurse.
My secondary school Biology teacher travelled abroad in year 1999 and got trained as a pharmacist in Canada, he came back home to marry from his hometown in 2009, they are divorced now.
These are people I know, I have read about a number of other Nigerian men who came back home to marry with a lot of bad stories to tell, however several of such marriages survived and they're doing well abroad. My question is this, why do you think Nigerian men love coming back to marry from home when it's not all the time that such marriages always succeed? Why can't our people bring themselves up to marry someone from wherever they are? There are thousand Nigerian ladies abroad who find it difficult to get suitable men to marry, some even had to come back to import husbands when they couldn't get someone there. Why are many Nigerian men in the diaspora not willing to marry Nigerian ladies there but would prefer to come home to pick a wife?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men In Diaspora Come Back Home To Marry Wife by braveboy64(m): 4:27am On Jul 01, 2021
They thought there's morality over here, however no morality just hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Men In Diaspora Come Back Home To Marry Wife by ImaIma1(f): 4:44am On Jul 01, 2021
Many of them are marrying people that they don't know well. They probably meet via someone or they reconnect with an old friend and then start chatting and video- calling for a while. They both put up their best behaviour till the knot is tied.

I have two friends, one in Canada and one in USA. Both came back to marry guys they reconnected with and the men joined them abroad. Both marriages didn't work out. Unfortunately, both men were more interested in getting papers than the marriage.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Men In Diaspora Come Back Home To Marry Wife by Ahmed0336(m): 4:59am On Jul 01, 2021
We still got few well brought up people here despite all the brohaha going on.
You see abroad people? Over 90% are not marriageable

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Jealousy Is Not Part Of Love / Help Me Survive This / Best Mattress For Nigerians Living With Arthritis And Joint Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.