Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) (20459 Views)

State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading / President Buhari Signs Petroleum Industry Bill Into Law / 10 Things To Know About Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill, PIB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by superstar1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2021
The Petroleum Industry Bill has been passed into law by the House of Representatives.

The lawmakers passed the bill after consideration of the report of the ad hoc committee chaired by Mohammed Monguno.

Following the clause by clause consideration on the report at the committee of the whole, it was passed.

The session was presided over by the Deputy Speaker, Idris Wase.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/01/after-14-years-reps-pass-pib-into-law/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by PresidentAtiku(m): 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
FTC

I dedicate this FTC to awesome Nigerians managing to survive this clueless wicked government of hardship.

Viju Milk is now N250....

Endure on... Weeping endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

2 years to endure EVEN more.

All shall be well thereafter

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 01, 2021
If this is true I will buy one crate of beer take celebrate

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by merryossai(m): 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
A
Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by powerhouse3(m): 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
Nice one,.....the agitation for passages of PIB is more than fifty years now.....

I can only thumbs up buhari when he signed it into laws ,else na hoax

I see why sultan of sokoto was making mouth the other days that north is also bless with oil ,.. that exploration of the Chad basin should commence back which means he's was informed about the passage to f the bill

24 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by humberjade: 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hmm

I hope it pass safely at the upper chambers too

5 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by wpadmin: 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
What does the bill entail?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by tuna85: 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
zangaozanga:
If this is true I will buy one crate of beer take celebrate

Celebrate what undecided

8 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by LeeSantos(m): 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
The Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB), an omnibus law meant to regulate the entire sphere of the industry and repeal all current existing oil and gas legislation, had struggled to see the light of day despite its introduction to the National Assembly over 16 years ago.

Lawan noted that the bill would "Establish a progressive fiscal framework that encourages investment in the Nigerian Petroleum Industry, balancing rewards with risk and enhancing revenues to the Federal Government of Nigeria; provide a forward-looking fiscal framework that is based on core principles of clarity, .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
Can some one tell us this bill is about because I have been hearing so much of it

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by ignis: 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
Rubber stamp house of assembly.... Buhari and his ministers will still do whatever they want irrespective of the rubbish bill or constitution by the house of assembly. Yet the balless house of assembly will sit and watch in shock.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by Theta1: 2:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
Okay
Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by McOluOmo: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
V

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by Noshitboi(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
The rubber stamped speaker himself was absent on this very day.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by ihesiuloa(m): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2021
Country in disarray, yet this members keep pretending everything is normal normal.. Yet we weren't told what the bill entails but some folks are already rejoicing.. We are watching!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by Built2last: 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
Finally.

i am interested in seeing the clauses they removed, even though i know Buhari will not sign it

7 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by Meritocracy: 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
It's good provided the new bill is better.
Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by socialmediaman: 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
Do we still think we’re running a decent country where there is justice for all, and merit?

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by dewaskillz: 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
This is good news.
Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by Administration1: 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2021
I hope they have not altered the contents

2 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by tutudesz: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
undecided Finally cool

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
Nice one
Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by chily11: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
The Petroleum Industry Bill a bill to regulate the entire sphere of the petroleum industry and repeal all current existing oil and gas legislation... �
Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by Ayo2004: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
Make person give us detailed explanation because this useless legislature fit pass anything

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
Till the General Signs it.

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by ifytrik(m): 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
PresidentAtiku:
FTC
Your gift for being the first person to coment

3 Likes

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by GIANTPLUSHUB: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
Okay naaw
Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by Hezzyluv: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2021
Let's hope we get it right in this country as time goes on.
Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by Judolisco(m): 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2021
I bought petrol 300 per litre yesterday... Dem Don sell am finish before I notice... Abeg wetin dey xup?

1 Like

Re: House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) by liasmiram2567: 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2021
Good news. I hope this will usher in a new vista in the Petroleum industry.
Implementation is key.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki’s Case: CJN To Set Up Fresh Supreme Court Panel / 6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist / Court Bars Ekwunife From Anambra Central Senatorial Re-run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.