Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. (584 Views)

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria / Prospects Of Selling Rabbit Meat For Students And Workers At University / Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. by spanzed(m): 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hello Nairalanders. Good day, what are the the pros and cons of diary farming? I will appreciate insightful and detailed contributions.
Re: How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. by Romanoff(f): 6:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
I don't think there are lot of dairy companies who make cheeses and cooking cream.

The ones sold in malls are mostly imported.
Re: How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. by spanzed(m): 8:43am On Jul 02, 2021
Romanoff:
I don't think there are lot of dairy companies who make cheeses and cooking cream.

The ones sold in malls are mostly imported.
Yeah you are right, but ever heard of FRIESLANDCAMPINA WAMCO ?
I actually just came about them too, intend doing my due diligence research on them.
Re: How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. by Romanoff(f): 9:05am On Jul 02, 2021
spanzed:
I actually just came about them too, intend doing my due diligence research on them.

Yeah I have. They are the big dogs.
Re: How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. by spanzed(m): 10:58am On Jul 02, 2021
Romanoff:

Yeah I have. They are the big dogs.
Yeah I saw that, personally what is your opinion about diary farming?
Re: How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. by Romanoff(f): 11:21am On Jul 02, 2021
spanzed:
Yeah I saw that, personally what is your opinion about diary farming?

I believe there is a market for it with great potential. Although it is capital intensive.
Re: How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. by spanzed(m): 11:59am On Jul 02, 2021
Romanoff:

I believe there is a market for it with great potential. Although it is capital intensive.
Thank you for your contribution.
Re: How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. by IamAsiri: 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2021
spanzed:

They are producers of peak milk now cheesy
Re: How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. by spanzed(m): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2021
IamAsiri:

They are producers of peak milk now cheesy
Yes they are, do you have an inch of idea how they operate with diary farmers?
Re: How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. by IamAsiri: 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2021
spanzed:
Yes they are, do you have an inch of idea how they operate with diary farmers?

I think they partner with some large dairy farms like Songhai farm and some other dairy farms in Nigeria that I have forgotten their names, to be honest. Before, they used to import their powdered milk from Netherlands or so (I am not really sure), but since they partnered with our local dairy farmers (there are some big farms in the north and partnering can involve importing some improved "varieties" of dairy cows or sperms for artificial insemination to get hybrids), they have reduced the importation volume of their raw materials. Pardon me, it's been really long since I researched about them.
Re: How Profitable Is Diary Farming In Nigeria And Prospects Of The Business. by spanzed(m): 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2021
IamAsiri:

I think they partner with some large dairy farms like Songhai farm and some other dairy farms in Nigeria that I have forgotten their names, to be honest. Before, they used to import their powdered milk from Netherlands or so (I am not really sure), but since they partnered with our local dairy farmers (there are some big farms in the north and partnering can involve importing some improved "varieties" of dairy cows or sperms for artificial insemination to get hybrids), they have reduced the importation volume of their raw materials. Pardon me, it's been really long since I researched about them.
You are fine, thank you for your input.

(1) (Reply)

Porcupines Available For Sale / How Much Will I Meed To Feed 100 Birds Till Harvest Period / Expeller Pressed Oil And Cold Pressed Oil Comparison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.