Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:55 PM

Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls (992 Views)

Why Ladies Refuse To Build With Guys !! / Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by ICTWeb: 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2021
I met with this girl I really like. I'm the type of person that hardly talk and even before I talk to a girl I must have done my calculations of possible success rate. I don't just fool myself like that or go around talking to girls even though I like them so badly.

Here is the problem with this girl everything was so easy with her, she likes me and I can feel it and even was the one who even came close and it was one mouth I use to ask for her number when she give it with a blink of an eye. But here is the problem I have been calling her and she is bouncing my calls, it's no it just a miss calls but cutting the call. Number busy. She is on WhatsApp and sometimes online but I don't just want to chat her there because of the fact she is refusing my calls.

I have been thinking what went wrong. What I did or if she is just forming or maybe because she gave the number so easily.

I have deleted her number. But I'm just wondering why it could happen like that. Since she gave me the number we haven't talk on phone for once. I have move on but it's just kind of painful when you don't know what you did or what went wrong.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by chatinent: 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2021
she likes me and I can feel it and even was the one who even came close and it was one mouth...

My own is that the way you translated this from your dialect to English baffles me!

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
Are you really asking? When u can Ignore your call policy and message her to ask and know what's the problem...she might reply you there

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by escapefromusa(f): 12:00am On Jul 02, 2021
Your not supposed to collect nos from girl. You exchange..
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by ICTWeb: 12:16am On Jul 02, 2021
escapefromusa:
Your not supposed to collect nos from girl. You exchange..
yes that what we did
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by 1F30M4(f): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2021
If it wasn't just a one-time or random thing, probably she was like an acquaintance or something, you could've chatted her up to ask what went wrong & why the 'sudden cold treatment' towards you.. Anyway, it doesn't matter as you've deleted the number now but maybe it won't hurt this much plus you'd have gotten answers to these questions you ask and then that closure.. Aii, we locomote!
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2021
Did you chat with her or WhatsApp at all before you started calling her?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by ICTWeb: 3:09pm On Jul 02, 2021
Yxwqq:
no. I saw are on WhatsApp and felt it wouldn't be nice to chat someone like that without first call and talk about WhatsApp chat. It's rude to just chat someone from whatsapp without first asking or talking about it. I know where to find her if I need her. But the problem has to do with pride. I can't just let myself off like that. It well cause a seefinish
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2021
ICTWeb:
no. I saw are on WhatsApp and felt it wouldn't be nice to chat chat someone like that without first call and talk about what chat. It's ride to just chat someone from whatsapp without first asking or talking about it. I know where to find her if I need her. But the problem has to do with pride. I can't just let myself off like that. It well cause a seefinish
In other words, you didn't even say a simple 'Hello' over text or establish any rapport with her via text. You just started calling her anyhow, not knowing if it was a good time for her to talk over the phone. That's why she was refusing your calls. It seems simple courtesy needs to be taught these days.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by faithfull18(f): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2021
When ladies give you their numbers, sometimes it's just not to make you feel bad, not because they like you or would love to network.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by ICTWeb: 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2021
Yxwqq:

I send text. And still she didn't respond. It was when I called it over.
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2021
ICTWeb:
I send text. And still she didn't respond. It was when I called it over.
You said "no" up there already, because you "felt it wouldn't be nice to chat chat someone like that without first call...".

If someone gives you their number and tell you they're on WhatsApp, you're supposed to get familiar over text first, not call first. They may not feel comfortable talking to you so soon without knowing you, you may be calling them at a wrong time, which's why it's best to start the communication with texts: introduce yourselves, ask any short, initial questions you might have ― whether it's friendship or business-related, then if you'd like to speak on the phone with the individual, set up a time to do that.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by ICTWeb: 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2021
Yxwqq:
You said "no" up there already.

If someone gives you their number and tell you they're on WhatsApp, you're supposed to get familiar over text first, not call first. They may not feel comfortable talking to you so soon without knowing you, you may be calling them at a wrong time, which's why it's best to start the communication with texts: introduce yourselves, ask any short, initial questions you might have ― whether it's friendship or business-related, then if you'd like to speak on the phone with the individual, set up a time to do that.

I mean over whatsapp. I sent sms starting that I don't no why she is not taking my calls. If she want me to stop Disturbing her she should just let me know and I will not bother again. No response. I called again it was the same thing. That was when I end it.
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2021
ICTWeb:
I mean over whatsapp. I sent sms starting that I don't no why she is not taking my calls. If she want me to stop Disturbing her she should just let me know and I will not bother again. No response. I called again it was the same thing. That was when I end it.
You didn't communicate on text first or ask her for voicecall before you started calling her repeatedly. It was after she didn't pick that you sent her the sms. It's possible she didn't like that but she should've replied the sms you sent after the calls. I'll conclude that she just wasn't interested in you.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by Herrick: 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2021
Probably she's not really into you and don't wanna embarrass you, hence the number you collected and you thought was a "successful easy catch". grin
Why can't you chat her up on WhatsApp, I might be wrong you know grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by Herrick: 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2021
ICTWeb:

I'm just seeing this, permit me to laugh a bit grin.
Guy, u miscalculated the possible success rate o grin
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by ICTWeb: 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2021
Herrick:

I'm just seeing this, permit me to laugh a bit grin.
Guy, u miscalculated the possible success rate o grin
umm. Maybe it's just a nature. Yes dit maybe. But I have move on
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by sisisioge: 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2021
embarassed embarassed

This reminds me of a while ago...I had just retired from event jobs but my very good friend had upgraded to being an event coordinator. So there was a day she had an event and invited me to come and enjoy. Na so I wear my Sunday best o but there was no one to talk to there as she was busy coordinating her hostesses.

However, every dish, drink and nibble shared came by my table sha. But I was bored. Then I noticed a guy that had been sizing me up and kukuma walked up to him and asked for a dance. We danced and chatted briefly. Eventually, he asked for my number and I willingly gave him. Do you know that I kept getting calls randomly from this guy for several months afterwards but only picked the first call. I had to eventually block him. Why? I wasnt interested in him like he thought, I just needed company at the event alone and he was available...otan! In fact he wasnt my kind of guy.

So papi....move on without a grudge...or for closure chat her up to ask why she gave you her number if she didnt want to connect with you afterwards. She might have needed you at that time alone...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by Herrick: 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
ICTWeb:
umm. Maybe it's just a nature. Yes dit maybe. But I have move on

Glad you did,ladies can be funny at times. So hard to understand.
Re: Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls by Uyi168: 9:14pm On Jul 02, 2021
Yxwqq:
In other words, you didn't even say a simple 'Hello' over text or establish any rapport with her via text. You just started calling her anyhow, not knowing if it was a good time for her to talk over the phone. That's why she was refusing your calls. It seems simple courtesy needs to be taught these days.
Shut up abeg.
U nor get point.
Courtesy kill u there.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Hear The Cry Of A Mother!!! / Making New Friends In Your 30s. / Affordable Xmas Chicken?turkey?goats?come Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.