Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? (21874 Views)

Do Your Children Do Home Lessons Abroad? / Our Children Do Not Learn Local Languages In School Anymore. Why? / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Originalsly: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2021
Bend the tree while it is young. Almost always ... parents are responsible for the path their children take.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by arkonpoint: 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2021
Originalsly:
Bend the tree while it is young. Almost always ... parents are responsible for the path their children take.

You cast an iron immediately it left the furnace. Submit to this

4 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Vinnie2000(m): 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
chatinent:

No, that's why I don't know them.

Ok, no Probs!!
Very soon, you will be Ina position to know Dem..
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by juniorstar(m): 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
yazga:
I fortunately we are bunch of hypocrites I'm Nigeria
"everybody is a modafuccking hypocrite oo"

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Frales6(f): 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
hm
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Frales6(f): 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2021
the truth is that those children portray to their parents the kind of character the parents want to see meanwhile the main behavior of that child is shown when the parents are not there. the parents don't bother to know how the children feel or what they really want, instead they the parents want the children to behave the way the parents want by all means. So many times the children go into depression, they can't communicate with their parents and that makes dem go to their so called friends. so if na good friend, the parents will be lucky but the na bad friend, the parents don enter one chance be that

3 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by DeHorus: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2021
NwaEzefuNaMba:

My brother, i have seen things with my eyes o. But if i recount my experience during my time as undergraduate eh, one may think i have beef with the other gender; but in all, there problem.
I came to realise why many men today are vowing not to marry graduates.
aswear bro nor be small thing
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Vinnie2000(m): 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
ney0hh:

What caused this to happen in your opinion.

Social media?

Bad role models?

Bad parenting?

Poverty?

Simple!!
It's Peer Pressure and mostly Social media Influence!!..

Both Males n Females Now wants to be like Davido, Migos, Drake, Cardi B, Doja Cat, etc and their Papa nor get money oo.. sad

They want to Live Thug Life they see in d Media, Drive Big Benz and Do Wild Stuffs, just to Show off to their friends!..

So, some get dier Hands Dirty e.g Chidinma..

Her dad was giving her money, but she claims dat d money was not enough!!
No, She wanted to be an Hot happening Babe!!! wink cool
She wanted to be like Nicki Minaj, Megan tha Stallion, JaneMena by Force!!
An Instagram Queen/Diva, wowing and slaying Men while intimidating other Girls that they are LowClass Inferior Chicks.. smiley

So Dats it!!
Doz 70's,80's and 90's Times, People were not so Influenced by Media to do some Bad Stuffs!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by ney0hh: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Simple!!

Both Males n Females Now wants to be like Davido, Migos, Drake, Cardi B, Doja Cat, etc and their Papa nor get money oo.. sad

They want to Live Thug Life they see in d Media, Drive Big Benz and Do Wild Stuffs, just to Show off to their friends!..

An Instagram Queen/Diva, wowing and slaying Men while intimidating other Girls that they are LowClass Inferior Chicks.. smiley

So Dats it!!
Doz 70's,80's and 90's Times, People were not so Influenced by Media to do some Bad Stuffs!! smiley

Correct .

You've said it all.. you know what's funny, they're copying a broken people.. black Americans are fcked, they got fcked by copying white liberals.

It's a psy op .. the orchestrators planned and executed thing's well and it worked even without any close promixity .

3 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by IvarDboneless: 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2021
Nigerians are hypocrites...nice writeup but might not be surprised if same you still dine and wine with these same thieves you mentioned
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Benprass(m): 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2021
KiNg0G:
Mahn..I ain't married... neither got no kids.

But still....I wanna have 3 boys.

When I do

Lawyer✓

Police✓

No footballar?

Slawomirr ✓ ( if you know you know)

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Oyin2212(m): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2021
KiNg0G:
Mahn..I ain't married... neither got no kids.

But still....I wanna have 3 boys.

When I do

Lawyer✓

Police✓

Slawomirr ✓ ( if you know you know)

grin
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Sorezo007(m): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2021
PAGAN9JA:
Very well
na igboho head dey for this flag?
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Fiscus105(m): 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2021
CharisEleos:
Parents of nowadays don't even care to know their children

I remember growing up, my elder sisters then will tell my mum who their friends were, the men toasting them. The one they like and dislike. And my mum will always advise them accordingly.

We were the smallys, so we just sat and listened to them, also picking the advice my mum dished out to them.

I also remember, then my mum would question them if they came home with goodies like pizza or tasty fiesta then and until they explained to the letter, no body will eat it. But some parents will see their children with big phones, cars that they know the child can't afford, they'll keep mute. How will the child not climb to worst levels?

Forget this generation. Though there are still a few good ones but majority are the cause of the communication gap between them and their children. No body cares these days.

Is it the generation that mother will tell her daughter who is yet to work ,to go out and get money where are peers are getting it.

Where father will be driving exotic car that his child gives him, a child who he still in sch without doing any known work aside schooling!

We are in generation where, when children enter University or starting having sex, parents won't be able to chastise him or her again.

1 Like

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by akposking(m): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
Frales6:
the truth is that those children portray to their parents the kind of character the parents want to see meanwhile the main behavior of that child is shown when the parents are not there. the parents don't bother to know how the children feel or what they really want, instead they the parents want the children to behave the way the parents want by all means. So many times the children go into depression, they can't communicate with their parents and that makes dem go to their so called friends. so if na good friend, the parents will be lucky but the na bad friend, the parents don enter one chance be that
if I catch you one on one for that bed eeh. Chei am a good child ba. grin
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Gjmff: 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:36pm On Jul 03, 2021
Family and moral values are dead today. The parents can no longer instill core values into their kids no more all in the name of making money. A woman is earning more than her husband will ridicule her man before the kids and the man who is rich will leave his wife chasing after young Kpekus and looking for breasts thant stand as the wall of Jericho. We should stop worshiping money and material things in this country

2 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2021
Fiscus105:

Is it the generation that mother will tell her daughter who is yet to work ,to go out and get money where are peers are getting it.

Where father will be driving exotic car that his child gives him, a child who he still in sch without doing any known work aside schooling!

We are in generation where, when children enter University or starting having sex, parents won't be able to chastise him or her again.

The parents themselves are immoral and greedy. using this children to achieve what they could not achieve even if it means giving their girl child to the highest bidder.

That is why a girl can boldly bring pregnancy home and the mother will take her for abortion. I see a lot of these happenings and I just shake my head.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Frales6(f): 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2021
akposking:
if I catch you one on one for that bed eeh. Chei am a good child ba. grin
which bed na
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Kokaine(m): 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2021
IyaTola:
There is a major scam going out there and it's young people scamming their parents. The entire visage of Chidinma Ojukwu is a scam, her innocent look is a veil fo preying unsuspecting men and women, with such look she can take anyone to the cleaners and yea she started drugs at eleven years old.

Chidinma story that's lead to the question, how much of your children do you know? And guess what, today's children do not want us to know who they are. Who they say they are is not who they are. Very sad.

Today.....nah, there is a rebellion among the youth today towards tjeor parents that suggest that there was a long-standing quarrel for centuries between them and thwir parents. Conversation are far and and few between and what we have are agitation, argument & anger by the youth. Most Nigerian home see that.

All you need to see American youth challenge is to watch my favorite TV show, Judge Judy. All you need for Nigeria is to read the papers, the crime pages and go to the internet and your heart will be broken. Very few families are lucky to escape the thieves at night and in broad day light who steal our joy and turn our children against society and destroy themselves for good.

Chidinma is the symbol of this results. Let us begin. The internet, peer pressure, the Nigeria society's need to go big or go home. We worship money and our children aspire. The big boys who are living large, runs girls who make money from filth and their bodies who turn it into salons and lounges while laundering and the money.

Our kid think they worked hard in honest dealings and discover to late that is is something else. Drugs, pretence, poor role modeling, ostentation living, big and insane parties and Tv programmes and tell you it's okay. Lost values, modernity, imported values, poor judgement, absentee parenting, fake churches and religious orientation.

Rich kids living on borrowed time who splash the money on insanities and attract the Chidinma's of this world, thieves in suit whose only job is to party in Ghana and work in Nigeria, the Yahoo life poverty, poor educational systems, lack of time for the youth, broken down health system, boredom, broken homes and broken children. Adding up we have rape, sadist, child traffickers, armed robbers who need the likes of Chidinma's company, white collar thieves, yahoo plus and inordinate ambition

Except from Eugenia Abu's Tales from the main road

I totally agree with this post. Even when you want to do the right thing, you discover it does not exist. It is too expensive for reach and reserved for the childeren of the wealthy. Good education is an example. Do you know what the school fees would be in a good school that can train kids to read on their own and pass jamb? In my time, we paid 13500 for a good school in Benin called upss. Today, I see people paying fees worth 1m in Lagos and kano because the schools have quality education.

Graduating again is another challenge. The jobs. And when your education wasn't solid like reading electrical engineering in uniben. You don't learn the part of electrical that concerns the real world out there. So after graduating, you need to start learning again. You need to learn microcontrollers, electrical AutoCAD for wiring and so much others that would make you ask " why did I attend a university? "

The society failed the kids when life became too difficult. Parents need to work for long hours with no holidays, broken down public infrastructure and government policies that ensure poverty. They burry their souls in hustle and suddenly raise their heads up one evening to discover their kids have grown and they didn't have any time to parent them.

Nigeria as a country need to recognise the power of unity in changing our narrative. The idea of tribal and religious bashing is only an advantage to our corrupt leaders who need this division to orchestrate their schemes.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Emk5556: 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2021
Wonderful write up. But worse things are yet to happen otherwise the word of God would be lies. In due time the heart if men will grow cold. This days you still have people admonishing the youth. When that time comes those doing the admonishing will be less than %1in the world. What our children need more is prayers.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by macdammy(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2021
saphiere:
My kids would be the best kids in the world.
Who wants to impreganate you ?

Oh sorry, Artificial insemination.

And I really don't want to believe you hope for male children.
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by macdammy(m): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Simple!!

So Dats it!!

With due respect, you don't have sense
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2021
macdammy:

With due respect, you don't have sense e

Lols.. smiley
'With due respect'..
@Least, you have some little respect for me..
Dats not bad
No Lele!!
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Oiza131(f): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
So much emphasis has been placed on the unique, creative and spontaneous nature of children, that parents have come to feel child rearing means adjusting themselves to their children rather than having children learn to adjust to the requirements of family life or values...
In my line of teaching, I can categorically tell that I know 70% of most children under my care more than the parents do. Most parents mostly provide learning gadgets, chocolates and other unnecessary things and feel that's all the child needs. I was opportuned to read a pupil's diary and I was so moved to tears. 6years!! and already having emotional trauma basically because of the parents separation. I usually ask them to write letters; most times, they see it as an avenue to express themselves better. And when they do, one could feel the emotions and truth in it...
I was a victim of abuse because of my parents insensitivity and emotional neglect. As much as I want to train my children the way my parents raised myself and my siblings, I still wouldn't make some avoidable mistakes they made...

2 Likes

Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Mordecai(m): 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
saphiere:
My kids would be the best kids in the world.

shocked

Seeing how much you hate men, I do not imagine you'd want a spermatozoa near your ovum.

Buh what do I know?
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by Lostchild(m): 12:13am On Jul 04, 2021
IyaTola

Why don't you talk about yourself, so that ithers can learn from your life?

You truly are a disgrace

Aproko will kill you
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by lavylilly: 12:29am On Jul 04, 2021
Originalsly:
True
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by lavylilly: 12:30am On Jul 04, 2021
NwaEzefuNaMba:

My brother, i have seen things with my eyes o. But if i recount my experience during my time as undergraduate eh, one may think i have beef with the other gender; but in all, there problem.
I came to realise why many men today are vowing not to marry graduates.
oh please
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by dodoatirice: 12:31am On Jul 04, 2021
Yahooo na the only way. Bomb or go home.
Re: How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? by lavylilly: 12:37am On Jul 04, 2021
CharisEleos:

The parents themselves are immoral and greedy. using this children to achieve what they could not achieve even if it means giving their girl child to the highest bidder.

That is why a girl can boldly bring pregnancy home and the mother will take her for abortion. I see a lot of these happenings and I just shake my head.
shocked in Nigeria or Benin Republic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

To The Married; Does Money Bring Happiness In A Marriage? / Four Generations, One Picture / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.