Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,043 members, 7,799,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Uba Web Pay: Is It Like This? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Uba Web Pay: Is It Like This? (1463 Views)

Migration From One Host To The Other, What Is It Like? / Paypal And UBA Africard (prepaid Visa Debit Card) / How I Get A UBA Visa Prepaid Card (africard) Easily In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uba Web Pay: Is It Like This? by yawatide(f): 12:17pm On May 09, 2011
Geez! I am working on a site that is incorporating a Nigerian payment gateway for the first time and the client sends me 2 forms to fill out: checklist and setup form. Set up form is okay but the checklist made me feel like I was in medieval europe. Na so dem dey do una for there?

Check out a couple of the 65 questions asked, just to set up online payment:
1) What is the distance between the primary data center and the disaster/backup facility? Is the backup facility on a different power grid than the primary facility? Are the facilities served by the same or different telecommunications provider?

2) Are cryptographic techniques (encryption, digital signatures, key management etc) applied to electronically transmitted and stored data? Does your organization have a management system in place to oversee and protect the use of cryptographic techniques such as secret or public keys using a consistent, agreed upon set of standards, procedures and secure methods?

I mean, when I set up PayPal or other non-Nigerian online payment systems, I am "in and out" in 5 minutes or less. 65 questions? Are you kidding me? I immediately kicked the form back to the client asking him to fill it out, e jo.

So, am I going kolomental or is this what you guys have to go through as well? If so, no wonder it is difficult to legally set up businesses in Nigeria, generally speaking.
Re: Uba Web Pay: Is It Like This? by Zahymaka(m): 9:06pm On May 11, 2011
Well, the problem is if you make it too easy, the scammers would have a field day.

Maybe the encryption questions are being asked for people who store everything in plain text.

In the end, I'd still want to give up if I were in your position.

(1) (Reply)

Want Your Wordpress Site Desighned @500h Only / Come And Get These Domains For Just #1k / Get a GoDaddy Custom Domain Name For As Low As 2,000 A Year - Limited Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.