Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry (38665 Views)

My Fiancee Doesn't Want To Court Marriage (registry) / FG Debunks Reports That Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Are False / All Marriages Conducted at Ikoyi Registry Are Illegal - High Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by Ojikutubaba: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
ONE UNFORTUNATE LOW LIFE WILL SOON PUT THE BLAME ON BUHARI .
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by Joromi1: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
Congrats to the already married.

Wahala for who never marry.

Think twice or thrice before you file for a divorce. This is just the legal registration part and it's this expensive. Not to mention bride price and ceremony proper. And God save you if your bride is an Igbo girl.

1 Like

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by PAPAFEELERS: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
Just look how nigerians will NOT want to fight the system for the right thing to be done but will rather come online to insult thier Fada and Moda.

Buhari will reset all these nonsense rot that has entrenched so much in the system, Nigerians should join hands with the president to make things right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by smohammed895: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
this is nigeria were evebody be criminal

https://www.thecable.ng/investigation-extortion-inflated-costs-the-nigerian-marriage-registry-where-fraud-is-a-norm/amp

Aderemi paid N27,000 as registration fees but got email confirmation for payment of N15,000[/quote]
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by edoairways: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
Sholaco:
Hahahahahaha, its everywhere o, government officials are all corrupt
The problem is not necessary the officials but some Nigerians who had accepted corruption as a norm

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by suco01(m): 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2021
Ikeja own is worse

1 Like

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by yourshopkwikguy(m): 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2021
The most painful part of that place is that despite hundreds of millions generated there daily. The facilities of that registry isn't improved at all, as a Photographer I go to that registry once in 2 months at least. The last time I went there, the couples made use of the hall upstairs. Imagine the decking was so weak already..
I see no reason that place not to be turned to well planned multi storey building like 10 storey building with modern facilities.. Like many halls in different floor, event halls, Waiting areas, business centres, recreational centre and offices in the upper floor. Nigeria is full of corruption in every angle and our leaders lack reasoning .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by xcelentattitude(m): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2021
This is seriously serious shocked
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by tolugar: 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2021
Is the embassy really rejecting those from local governments??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by LordGuru1: 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2021
cool

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by popes001: 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2021
That's the typical average Nigerian syndrome.
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by loadedvibes: 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2021
Very sweet read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by drealcivilceno(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Afonjas cheesy grin

Chasing money while their fugitive leader is wanted dead or alive. Igboho will be shot on sight! No story

Our own worst pass... Don't even go there.
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by CsRockefeller(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2021
Even corruption follow for marriage? Trouble níyen.
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by Kobicove(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2021
This is not a new thing undecided
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by MarveworldG: 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2021
It's well
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 02, 2021
You would expect the bastards profiting from this scandalous scheme to honourably resign and face government investigations, but nothing will happen. Instead, the scammers will become more careful with how they carry out their wickedness. Spits!
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by BabbanBura(m): 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://www.thecable.ng/investigation-extortion-inflated-costs-the-nigerian-marriage-registry-where-fraud-is-a-norm/amp

Aderemi paid N27,000 as registration fees but got email confirmation for payment of N15,000

Naija is beyond repairs it seems!
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by Obimiz: 4:07pm On Jul 02, 2021
Truely, aside the politicians, the major areas where corruption has eaten deep is the ministry.

The level of corruption and extortion in the ministry is next to none.

These thief's need to be exposed seriously.

1 Like

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by Philomath1212: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2021
ALL NIGERIA PUBLIC AGENCY/OFFICE/BODY (s) ARE BRIBERY HOMES
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by InvertedHammer: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2021
Boluwatifehh:
Too bad and that's where me and my husband to be are planning to go
/

Which husband?

/
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by NobleSeed(m): 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2021
no be small extortion and corruption. Imagine ikoyi magistrates photographer treating to delete your marriage pics if you did pay him before leaving shocked..alaye be calming down na...money dey na him I come run court marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by INCREDIBLE007(m): 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2021
queenfav:
This is for those who want to snap picture beside that their green signboard.I got married in 2018 at a marriage registry in a small town in Delta state.We paid just the official fees of 12000 naira at the bank.The affidavit of bachelorhood and all that was done at a Court in d same town for less than 2000.No extra bribe or dash was asked for.They only requested we buy 1 crate of coke or fanta,1 bottle of groundnut,2 packs of cabin biscuit to enable them celebrate with us on the wedding day.We got our Marriage certificate the same day and the wedding was even a very memorable one.We were counselled extensively on marriage in a way that was very realistic and practical.
My advice is that people in Lagos should bone them!Na d same marriage certificate when dem dey give for ikoyi,dem give me for the local town when i marry.Go mowe or Ajah marriage registry if you must!Free them at ikoyi,they will adjust when boycotted.

valid comfamly

2 Likes

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by naturefellow(m): 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Afonjas

Chasing money while their fugitive leader is wanted dead or alive. Igboho will be shot on sight! No story
typical of ignorant, unschooled folk like you to be tribalist.

If you've ever been to Ikoyi Registry for a marriage, you'd know that not only Yorubas work there undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by Jokerman(m): 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2021
State registry are fighting Fg Registry because of wanting to extort... grin
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by Quahl: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2021
Make everybody getout Jor! Like say corruption no dey everywhere for this country... Everybody na thief for this country including the reporter of this news self... Omo... you calm down write all this stuff sha... na you ohhh...
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by wabbyland(m): 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2021
These is just too bad. There's a system that was adopted by the government hospital where I work. You register everyone at the point of emergency and given a PID(personal ID). It is the PID that u take to the lab, x-ray dept and store. It is the best way to get rid of corruption. God bless me bless Dr M F Alimi

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by Digitalcreator(m): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2021
See eh. By the time we understand that to fix nigerian blood needs to flow that's when we will have sense but until then I sell

Cryptocurrency tokens , I manage social media business and I help you run Sponsored ads. Kindly patronise me so I can survive this harsh economy
Re: Extortion, Corruption At Ikoyi Marriage Registry by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2021
Extortion at a government office.

AND

Water is wet

Which is more obvious?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lockdown Could Lead To 7 Million Unintended Pregnancies - UN / Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? / My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.