Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor (17966 Views)

Gov Kayode Fayemi Appoints Emir Sanusi As EKSU Chancellor / Photos As Lautech Students Protest Tuition Fee Hike / Tragedy As LAUTECH Final Year Student Dies A Day To Project Defense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by afroniger: 10:41pm On Jul 02, 2021

Oyo Governor, Seyi Makinde has named the Emir of Katagum, Azare in Bauchi State, HRH Umar Faruq Umar II, as the Chancellor of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso.

Faruq, a first-class monarch, was named Emir on December 14, 2017, following the transition of his father, Muhammad Kabir Umar (CON).

A letter of appointment signed by Makinde conveyed his appointment as the 5th Chancellor of LAUTECH.

The governor said the University will be happy to benefit from his rich experience as an administrator, community leader and first-class monarch.

The letter read in part: “I wish to inform Your Royal Highness of your appointment as the Chancellor of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso.

“While heartily congratulating Your Royal Highness on this well-deserved appointment, which is a call to serve humanity, the Oyo State Government expects that the University will benefit from your rich knowledge and exposure towards the realisation of the University’s unique vision.”

The Emir who holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in History from the Bayero University, Kano, served in various capacities in the state and Federal Civil Service.

He rose to the position of Federal Permanent Secretary and served at different times as Permanent Secretary, Special Duties at the Presidency; Ministry of Youth Development; Water Resources and Solid Minerals Development and retired after 34 years of service.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/01/makinde-appoints-emir-of-katagum-as-lautech-chancellor/

2 Likes

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by joyandfaith: 10:44pm On Jul 02, 2021
makinde has lost focus

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by doggedfighter(f): 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2021
Emir.

It's fine

1 Like

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by LamidiCownu: 11:06pm On Jul 02, 2021
Makinde is a big fool.
A useful idiot with nothing upstairs.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2021
LamidiCownu:
Makinde is a big fool.

Hatred and bitterness. This is the time to re-evaluate yourself, hatred can't take you any where ask Kanu. There is nothing like secret under the sun

Edit: so you're even Yoruba lol omo u fall my hand. Why is Makinde fool? how are you different from IPOB you're making jest of? Smh

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by sultry69(m): 12:28am On Jul 03, 2021
That's the most useless Governor in SW right now,he is a slave to Fulani terrorists and their defender in Aso rock.

That's why his terrorist master has turned Oyo something else

23 Likes

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by DefHQ: 12:46am On Jul 03, 2021
Unbelievable!
Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by opalu: 6:19am On Jul 03, 2021
I am not saying the Emir doesnt Merit such position. However with recent and current happenings, the Governor would have just been diplomatic by selecting an Oba from Oyo since it's a state university. Governors are not called Chief Security Officers for nothing. Every step you take can increase peace or decrease it.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by rawtouch: 6:19am On Jul 03, 2021
and the cycle continues

3 Likes

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by KINGSCOURT05: 6:19am On Jul 03, 2021
K
Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by seanwilliam(m): 6:19am On Jul 03, 2021
Fulani puppet. Nonsense!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by Bonapart(m): 6:20am On Jul 03, 2021
People Republic of fulani

1 Like

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by whela(m): 6:20am On Jul 03, 2021
Emir? From north to south? So no yoruba man to take up the job.... it is well oooo...make una keep it up...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by miniziter(m): 6:21am On Jul 03, 2021
Waiting for student protest

1 Like

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by elmessiahs(m): 6:21am On Jul 03, 2021
Keep searching for unity that doesn't exist, makinde should be doing better for God's sake. I mean the pH blood ought to make you do better.

2 Likes

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by Cof1ex(m): 6:22am On Jul 03, 2021
This is called "do me I do you", he's only returning favor...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by olioxx(m): 6:24am On Jul 03, 2021
I reserve my comment on this man

1 Like

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by Philomath1212: 6:25am On Jul 03, 2021
Just when you think you should sit down, that you've seen it all, gbam another mumu will stir the water again.

7 Likes

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:26am On Jul 03, 2021
[quote author=miniziter post=103313397]Waiting for student protest [/quot

No way dss will kill them all
Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by Generalkorex(m): 6:32am On Jul 03, 2021
Issokay
Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by StreetFight: 6:32am On Jul 03, 2021
Makinde is MAD

1 Like

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by StreetFight: 6:34am On Jul 03, 2021
joyandfaith:
makinde has lost focus

He never had. You cannot lose what you don't have

11 Likes

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by Mekudi: 6:34am On Jul 03, 2021
Now we know who Seyi Makinde is working for. Doing everything to please Hausa Fulani

8 Likes

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by StreetFight: 6:35am On Jul 03, 2021
3rdavefarms:

No way dss will kill them all

We shall see
Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by StreetFight: 6:36am On Jul 03, 2021
Philomath1212:
Just when you think you should sit down, that you've seen it all, gbam another mumu will stir the water again.

One country, but several idiots in government. He should have named Shekau as the Chancellor

3 Likes

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 03, 2021
grin
Makinde just redefined the word ASSLICKING

10 Likes

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by obembet(f): 6:38am On Jul 03, 2021
joyandfaith:
makinde has lost focus

LamidiCownu:
Makinde is a big fool.

seanwilliam:
Fulani puppet. Nonsense!

miniziter:
Waiting for student protest

Adeyeye Enitan Babatunde Ogunwusi - university of Nigeria

Alaafin of Oyo as- UNIMAID

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by miniziter(m): 6:39am On Jul 03, 2021
[quote author=3rdavefarms post=103313487][/quote]
Sunday Igboho men will protect them
Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by Herbephe1(m): 6:40am On Jul 03, 2021
So Tinubu is no more the Chancellor? Good move,he took no step in resolving the lautec issue then

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by confluence: 6:40am On Jul 03, 2021
It is to foster unity in the country, emirs are normally pick from the north for schools in the west and obas from west for schools in the north and vice versa for east or other regions
opalu:
I am not saying the Emir doesnt Merit such position. However with recent and current happenings, the Governor would have just been diplomatic by selecting an Oba from Oyo since it's a state university. Governors are not called Chief Security Officers for nothing. Every step you take can increase peace or decrease it.

17 Likes

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by lapazi(m): 6:41am On Jul 03, 2021
opalu:

Stop displaying your ignorance online.
Most of the obas or first class kings from the south are already chancellors of universities in the north.

My alma mata then (northern uni) had a south western top oba as it’s chancellor and still do!

I wanted to scroll pass this topic when it first hit the front page, but something told me that the comment section will be filled with folks like this clowning around, no vex o- atleast I felt I should respond to your post because it seems yours wasn’t just abt hate, other comments here Na jump and pass o.

The hate in this country is just too much.
And the truth is we are just a reflection of our leaders!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makinde Appoints Emir Of Katagum As Lautech Chancellor by Monogamy: 6:46am On Jul 03, 2021
Nice one

Southerners have been appointed as VC in some of the Northern Uni, so no big deal about this

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Violence Mars YABATECH SUG Election, 4 Students Feared Dead / 10,444 Illegal Private Schools In Lagos To Be Shut Down / 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.