Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,556 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. (29354 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by bamvik(m): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2021
Save enough money and build ur own business

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Earthquakes: 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2021
Take the federal for job security and the bribery and corruption in the system, God will you will steal more than buhari wink
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by tfash96(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2021
Before you leave your current job be sure if the promotion is fast so you won't collect that amount for 10 years

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
Danielomisco:
Men this situation critical oh.Now the fact is Fg has job security, and that NDLEA u got has swag,no one will charass u in a rush but hmmm the salary is low yes but plenty runs dey that you can hit that amount n more ur making ryt now.Mind ur NDLEA officer bsc na 100k plus
Bro u had a connect that worked it for you right?
See them.. him never start yet u done dey point am to runs. After una go dey blame govt if them too do their own runs. Na God go help all of us for this country o

18 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Hezmatosky: 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
Yes! Go and learn work sad
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Yes I know. Have been doing my own business since 2006, is only unproductive set of people that like salary work
This is a very reckless statement.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by kolakolex: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
dingbang:
All these federal govt agencies will come out and lie to the public they are not recruiting

But yet...people go dey get job..and now this one wants me to advise him ...mchew.

But if i ask am for connect, he go keep quiet

like say person go wan collect him slot.

They are actually playing on ur intelligence.

No massive recruitment BT there is replacement quarterly;Reasons,people retire almost every year and some even die before reaching the age to retire.

Na all these slots those wey get connected they fill.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by supereagle(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
Yes. Details later.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by ChuksBilli: 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
My advice is don’t leave that job
Nigeria might show up another figure when a new president comes in
Thank you

Is your Gee Caesar Media a YouTube content Creator
Subscribe and watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wTEV9nnDVI
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2021
ecolime:

Dem don come again oo

Every shop owner is a business man in Nigeria.

Sorry for your life, because am chatting with you, am now your mate. I run a company, Houses and cars are just few of what I have. Yes I started with a shop many many years ago to use as office, every successful business man today have an humble beginnings

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by obyrich(m): 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
yamunla:
Everybody hear this loud and clear, fulanis and BMCs are the ones making tribal comments on nairaland.

Everyday, i checked gossipmill, tunde ednut's page, pulse Niger, instablog9ja and other pages on IG and I'll assure you that no yoruba is laughing at MNK the way it's done on Nairaland.

No igbo is laughing at chief Sunday ighoho the way BMCs made us believe here.

Let's unite as southerners and fight our common enemy.

THE ENEMY IS ALREADY AT THE GATE
Southern governors next meeting is scheduled to hold in Lagos. The South is making progress in the right direction.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by JohnOkolo: 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
Good evening great minds of Nairaland. Please i need your honest contribution.
I currently work with a private clearing company that pays me weekly allowance of #30,000 - #35,000 and a monthly salary of #60,000 totalling 180 - 200 thousand every month.
However, I was among successful shortlisted candidates of a paramilitary agency recruitment exercise of the FG as a BSC holder.
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around #75,000- #83,000 for my level entry.
I don't know if i should go for the federal job with a lesser pay or remain with my current job.
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner.
Honest thought are welcome. �

Are you truly q BSc holder or you are that's a lie. If you truly have a certificate then state thinking of where your certificate will take you with experience attached to it.

Working for a Federal Govt is huge experience but being a Cleaner will not take you to your fullest achievement. Career building is vet important for all certificate holders and it's an accumulation of tangible experience in total.

Please leace as soon as you are accepted and not only when you're not sure of been taken.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by dingbang(m): 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
kolakolex:

They are actually playing on ur intelligence.

No massive recruitment BT there is replacement quarterly;Reasons,people retire almost every year and some even die before reaching the age to retire.

Na all these slots those wey get connected they fill.
true.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by yamunla(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2021
obyrich:
Southern governors next meeting is scheduled to hold in Lagos. The South is making progress in the right direction.

God bless u my brother..
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by rickyboss333: 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
Lewisalexander:
Screw u n ur job. Let's talk about the aboki in power. That's our major problem n concern now. The aboki worse pass cancer.
Who is this bad belle? If u have no advice to give d OP, save your data and your unnecessary bad energy, am sure there are hundreds of posts that has the "aboki in power" case on nairaland where you can relinquish your hate words on, rather than act so childish

5 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by oyeniyishina1(m): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2021
Please take federal government job, you will not regret it

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by AfricaNigerian: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
Yes yes
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
ecolime:

Dem don come again oo

Every shop owner is a business man in Nigeria.
the guy go collect the job if he see am,na because he no see,them go think business na easy thing in Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
CamusMidas:

This is a very reckless statement.

Yes I know that, only a wise person will understand what am saying. with the way the country is going now. Some still believe in seeking for imaginary jobs

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Olumyyde(m): 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
Educationalserv:
there no paramilitary on that level all na above 100k .the fgn pay is not static it moves
Exactly my thought.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by GENTLETEE(m): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2021
Go for the FG job! More advantages
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2021
dancok:
the guy go collect the job if he see am,na because he no see,them go think business na easy thing in Nigeria

Which job, have never seek for any jobs in my life. Anyway am already successful in my business, I don't even like working for somebody

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by ecolime(m): 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Sorry for your life, because am chatting with you, am now your mate. I run a company, Houses and cars are just few of what I have. Yes I started with a shop many many years ago to use as office, every successful business man today have an humble beginnings
See this noisemaking churchrat. Tell us your networth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by seankim(m): 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
Choose the fg paramilitary job pls.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
Yes. You should
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2021
ecolime:

See this noisemaking churchrat. Tell us your networth.

Sorry for your life, go and look for work. That's what you fool's are good at
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by FarahAideed: 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2021
Danielomisco:
Men this situation critical oh.Now the fact is Fg has job security, and that NDLEA u got has swag,no one will charass u in a rush but hmmm the salary is low yes but plenty runs dey that you can hit that amount n more ur making ryt now.Mind ur NDLEA officer bsc na 100k plus
Bro u had a connect that worked it for you right?

You are encouraging him to embrace corruption and tommorow the same you will come here and complain about how rotten Nigeria is

4 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Solsix(m): 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
Good evening great minds of Nairaland. Please i need your honest contribution.
I currently work with a private clearing company that pays me weekly allowance of #30,000 - #35,000 and a monthly salary of #60,000 totalling 180 - 200 thousand every month.
However, I was among successful shortlisted candidates of a paramilitary agency recruitment exercise of the FG as a BSC holder.
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around #75,000- #83,000 for my level entry.
I don't know if i should go for the federal job with a lesser pay or remain with my current job.
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner.
Honest thought are welcome. �
The private work is ok, just there is no job security. If you are the type that can save and invest stay in your current job and find a plan B

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by FarahAideed: 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
Just because of pension take the govt job
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by PotatoSalad(m): 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
A bird in hand...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Easy Ways To Position Yourself For The Right Opportunities / Civil Servants, Military To Experience Delay In May Salaries / Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.