Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. (29348 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / Choosing Between Fg Job And Coca-cola Job / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2021
And you are calling 200k a better paying job , something someone is making in dubai for 26 working days for sweeping the streets for 8hrs ...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Educationalserv: 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
aigjoey:
there is pls.. From level 7 Bellow receiver less than 80k as entry level.. But a graduate on grade level 8 received about 130k a month as minus tax and other deductions
u no sabi read on Level of graduate not any level.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2021
zikter:
No body begrudged you for that. It is your arrogance and recklessness that is detested. You have a company, then who works there? Are they not employees on your payroll for salary? Assuming everyone decide to abandon salary work and open business, who will work in your company? And if your workers are not productive, how is your company moving forward, giving you opportunity to own cars and houses? Watch what you say in the public please

I don't mean to abuse the people working for somebody, what am trying to say is that, NIGERIA don change, they should stop looking for imaginary jobs and lastly have a plan B
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by zikter(m): 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

I don't mean to abuse the people working for somebody, what am trying to say is that, NIGERIA don change, they should stop looking for imaginary jobs and lastly have a plan B
The way you firstly put it out gave your point an entirely different meaning, the reason why many people didn't agree with you.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Segzy19: 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2021
Just hear this mumu.

Only unproductive set of people like salary work. When you employ people in that your unproductive business, won't you pay them salaries? Some people's monthly salary is more that whatever that your useless business can earn you in a year. Not everybody will be self-employed while it's also not everyone that will be salary worker. We are all doing something tovearn a decent living; salary or profit. Next time, reason deep before making foolish comment
Skillsnigeria:

Yes I know. Have been doing my own business since 2006, is only unproductive set of people that like salary work

5 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2021
Segzy19:
Just hear this mumu.

Only unproductive set of people like salary work. When you employ people in that your unproductive business, won't you pay them salaries? Some people's monthly salary is more that whatever that your useless business can earn you in a year. Not everybody will be self-employed while it's also not everyone that will be salary worker. We are all doing something tovearn a decent living; salary or profit. Next time, reason deep before making foolish comment

Only a wise person will understand what am saying, I didn't abuse the people that are doing salary work but some people can't do anything except they work for someone and collect salary
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by shizzy7(f): 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Only a wise person will understand what am saying, I didn't abuse the people that are doing salary work but some people can't do anything except they work for someone and collect salary
Oga, go and read your initial post again.

Wise people or not, you insulted people on salary jobs, all these explanations are baseless.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2021
zikter:
The way you firstly put it out gave your point an entirely different meaning, the reason why many people didn't agree with you.

Yes, they misunderstood me. I first use myself as a case study to advice the op, they still don't understand my write-up
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by aryzgreat: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2021
I left 300k contract job for federal govt 90k job. Today I thank God for that decision as I have been promoted twice and my net pay now in the federal parastatal is above d 300k with yearly upfront above 2m.

Meanwhile my former colleagues at the private firm have lost their jobs

My verdict. Accept the FG job immediately

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2021
shizzy7:
Oga, go and read your initial post again.

Wise people or not, you insulted people on salary jobs, all these explanations are baseless.

No, I didn't insult salary earners, I said only unproductive set of people like salary work. Am only referring to the people that can't do anything on their own except to work for someone. Meaning they don't have any vision of their own
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by bussy2020(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2021
Bro, you haven't made your findings well. No paramilitary agency who recruits you with a bachelor's degree will give you any less than 6 digits on a monthly basis. Am talking from experience.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by mrkels(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
Good evening great minds of Nairaland. Please i need your honest contribution.
I currently work with a private clearing company that pays me weekly allowance of #30,000 - #35,000 and a monthly salary of #60,000 totalling 180 - 200 thousand every month.
However, I was among successful shortlisted candidates of a paramilitary agency recruitment exercise of the FG as a BSC holder.
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around #75,000- #83,000 for my level entry.
I don't know if i should go for the federal job with a lesser pay or remain with my current job.
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner.
Honest thought are welcome. �

I would advice you to remain where you are and then try to save enough to japa .

Forget Fgn job , you go just old and regret in 30 years time wishing you took more risks in the private sector
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Obiraphael48(m): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2021
Bros Federal Government job is bae... Go for it... congrats bro...my kid bro was among the ndlea recent intake... congrats guys...entry level HND
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2021
Danielomisco:
Men this situation critical oh.Now the fact is Fg has job security, and that NDLEA u got has swag,no one will charass u in a rush but hmmm the salary is low yes but plenty runs dey that you can hit that amount n more ur making ryt now.Mind ur NDLEA officer bsc na 100k plus
Bro u had a connect that worked it for you right?
What do you mean by runs?
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by ejimatic: 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
I currently work with a private clearing company that pays me weekly allowance of #30,000 - #35,000 and a monthly salary of #60,000 totalling 180 - 200 thousand every month.
However, I was among successful shortlisted candidates of a paramilitary agency recruitment exercise of the FG as a BSC holder.
I made enquiry on the start up pay and discovered is around #75,000- #83,000 for my level entry.
I don't know if i should go for the federal job with a lesser pay or remain with my current job.
NB: Date to resume to the training camp for the FG job is just around the corner.
. No paramilitary will pay a graduate 75k .....mmit will be 100 and above.....Besides which paramilitary work? Your company can sack you anytime but there is security in FG work. However which kind of work are u even referring to? If it is NDLEA go for it .job security is in FG work till eternity

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by jaykorbs(m): 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Yes I know. Have been doing my own business since 2006, is only unproductive set of people that like salary work

This is one of the most stupid conclusion have ever seen in my entire life

3 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 3:00pm On Jul 03, 2021
jaykorbs:

This is one of the most stupid conclusion have ever seen in my entire life

Only a wise person will understand what am saying, NOTE -: am not abusing salary earners o
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Segzy19: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2021
No wise person will dwell on what you have written. In life, some must collect salary and some others profit. So is it bad to work for people and collect salary or what are you saying gangan? Not everyone has the ability like you. Don't you pay salaries to your workers? Does it mean those people are useless. Wow, make I even leave you jare.
Skillsnigeria:

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by jaykorbs(m): 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Which job, have never seek for any jobs in my life. Anyway am already successful in my business, I don't even like working for somebody
Bro, you cant be successful in your business and make such a reckless and fallacious statement... Check all the top business in the world today, they have productive, intelligent and creative employees that keeps blessing them with brilliant ideas.

If you're truly successful as you claim, and youre not a shop owner as they call you. You would be surrounded by intelligent and creative folks that you pay for their contribution to the growth of your business, and you would never see them as unproductive or lazy.

It's either you're generally unintelligent (which means you cant run a successful business) or your definition of success is limited boss. Peace

5 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Forgodsgrace: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
As for me, I will prefer your current job. Save a lot of money and resign if they didn't sack me. Then launch my business, I like a life of freedom, like the one am living presently

With the present situation of the country,which reasonable business will you do without being frustrated?
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
jaykorbs:

Bro, you cant be successful in your business and make such a reckless and fallacious statement... Check all the top business in the world today, they have productive, intelligent and creative employees that keeps blessing them with brilliant ideas.

If you're truly successful as you claim, and youre not a shop owner as they call you. You would be surrounded by intelligent and creative folks that you pay for their contribution to the growth of your business, and you would never see them as unproductive or lazy.

It's either you're generally unintelligent (which means you cant run a successful business) or your definition of success is limited boss. Peace

Many of you don't even understand my write-up. Am not abusing salary earners, I only use myself as a case study to advice the op, yet people still don't understand me. I have many brilliant/intelligent people working with me and I like them
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by donPhill(m): 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
Onyi90:
Op if your current work gives you freedom and you are happy with it, I suggest you stay faithful, to the job and save then subsequently invest...

The FG job has security no doubt, but if you are going with clean hands, ie not to engage in runs, I will say you will definitely cut you current budget.

BTW, and honestly job hunting, is there vacancy in your company? Please help a friend... #Following
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by helinuesIsaMumu: 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Sorry for your life, because am chatting with you, am now your mate. I run a company, Houses and cars are just few of what I have. Yes I started with a shop many many years ago to use as office, every successful business man today have an humble beginnings

Everyone on the internet is Dangote, even the ones that cannot afford to feed

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2021
Forgodsgrace:

With the present situation of the country,which reasonable business will you do without being frustrated?

Yes, I know. Nothing is easy in this life, looking for job is not easy, starting a business is also not easy. Because is not easy doesn't mean we shouldn't do it
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
helinuesIsaMumu:

Everyone on the internet is Dangote, even the ones that cannot afford to feed

Thanks for your feedback, I didn't compare myself to dangote. I only use myself as a case study to advice the op. Advice the op and move on
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Raph82(m): 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2021
Anyways, I don't have any advice for you because you know people's opinions don't count, but only want to come here to show off. You can't tell me that you've not weighed the options very well before you applied for the job in the first place. Before you filled the application form, you've known every fact you need to know and have drawn your conclusion, so why disturbing people, asking for their opinions?
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Ovis1302(m): 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2021
Take the FG work .
Develop yourself as you are working in the paramilitary agency.
Then see yourself as a consultant after retirement.
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by stephozien: 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

This is a wrong assumption, the bolded word. You don't have to generalise.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by jaykorbs(m): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

Many of you don't even understand my write-up. Am not abusing salary earners, I only use myself as a case study to advice the op, yet people still don't understand me. I have many brilliant/intelligent people working with me and I like them
In that case, you should improve your language skills. you said and I quote "only unproductive set of people likes salary work", and not "unproductive set of people look for imaginary salary work". Don't get me wrong, both the latter and former and stupid. Either ways, your statement lacks basis, as Nigeria bad reach, with the right skills, you will get jobs, the problem is not job per say, the problem is lack of skills. You cant run a business without employees and your business cant be successful if your employees have deep resentment for their jobs. I hope you understand my point, but if you still insist that I'm unwise or probably misquoting you. Na your problem be that. peace
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Skillsnigeria: 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2021
stephozien:
[/b]

This is a wrong assumption, the bolded word. You don't have to generalise.

Note -: am not abusing salary earners o, is just that some people don't have vision of their own. That's the people am referring to
Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by Sugar97(f): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

You're not bright

1 Like

Re: Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. by adanny01(m): 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2021
Skillsnigeria:

So a bank marketer who earns a salary is unproductive abi?

Anybody with a reasonable intelligence should not listen to your crap.

The pilot that flies a plan is also unproductive because he earns a salary.

A police, military man, a politician, lawyer, engineer, average civil servants are all unproductive people. In fact Buhari earns a salary, he is also unproductive, says you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Easy Ways To Position Yourself For The Right Opportunities / Total Oil Workers Protesting In Lagos Over Their Dismissal Without Pay / How Much Does An Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Make Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.