Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,394 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) (79717 Views)

Police Parade Yoruba Nation Protesters Arrested In Lagos (Pictures) / How Yoruba Nation Protesters ‘tricked’ Security Operatives At Lagos Rally / The Moment Police Dispersed Yoruba Nation Protesters At Ojota Rally (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by etokhana: 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2021
Yoruba nation protesters on Saturday stormed the Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park, Ojota, Lagos where the rally was scheduled to commence.

A live video by BBC pidgin showed a large crowd gathered at the venue chanting different songs.

DAILY POST had earlier reported that armed security operatives on Saturday morning took over the venue ahead of the rally slated for 10am today.

However, the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu while addressing newsmen at the protest ground a few minutes ago, said Nigerians have the right to peaceful protests.

According to him, the security operatives were deployed to the area to ensure that the protest was not hijacked by hoodlums.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/03/yoruba-nation-protesters-storm-ojota-lagos/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&amp=1&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Photos courtesy of Punch:
https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1411280623247974403?s=19

38 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Tonyclems(m): 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2021
With all the security presence, the protest still went on.
I think at this point the FG should dialogue with this pple instead of this unnecessary show of force

First to comment,Seun should I send my account number. I dedicate this to all legitimate hustlers on this forum.

588 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by jrjfjfj: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2021
The earlier my fellow Yorubas realize that igbos doesnt love you the better for them .All they are after is to mock you after your downfall.Any Yoruba doing anything with igbo or fulani is going to regret it at the end .Igbo and fulani have been friends since BALEWA/AZIKWE Government in 1959.So forget that trash of igbos telling you they hate fulanis,Igbos and fulanis are allies ,YORUBAS DONT BE FOOLED.

175 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by misano(m): 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2021
Small small, Buhari go divide Nigeria with him stupidity .

375 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Mossadd: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2021
Their papa. so na now IG just know that they have right to peaceful protest, i thought him and his apc miscreant were saying protest must not hold in Lagos

210 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by PrinceOfLagos: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2021
Let me call the police

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by donmixc: 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
are they doing festival or carnival Why will a woman be leading the protest, are their men this cowardly??

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by etokhana: 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
Photos

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by misano(m): 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2021
jrjfjfj:
The earlier my fellow Yorubas realize that igbos doesnt love you the better for them .All they are after is to mock you after your downfall.Any Yoruba doing anything with igbo or fulani is going to regret it at the end .Igbo and fulani have been friends since BALEWA/AZIKWE Government in 1959.So forget that trash of igbos telling you they hate fulanis,Igbos and fulanis are allies ,YORUBAS DONT BE FOOLED.

Guy just they talk rubbish.

490 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by etokhana: 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
Photos....

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by PrinceOfLagos: 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2021
Those ones wearing white dresses would take to their heels at the sound of a gun shot

Forget all that fake white clothe packaging

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by helinuesIsaMumu: 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
Thebosstrevor1, monogamy and others will definitely die of heart attack this morning

346 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Mossadd: 12:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Let me call the police
ode oya go and stop them ode

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by sweetshisha: 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
Nice one

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by jrjfjfj: 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
misano:

Guy just they talk rubbish.
OK

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by PrinceOfLagos: 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2021
Mossadd:
ode oya go and stop them ode

Those sango men and women on white dress would run kabakaba at the sound of a gun shot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Monogamy: 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
From the pictures posted, they are not even up to 500 yet Lagos state has 20m+ population.

Big flop rally.. I think they are only trekking just to keep fit

Sanwo Olu self Bleep up, instead of using police, he should have used Fulani herdsmen, the fear of Fulani herdsmen is the beginning of wisdom to some Southerners

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by raphlenee(m): 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
Were is the show of strength from the police?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Mossadd: 12:13pm On Jul 03, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Those ones wearing white dresses would take to their heels at the sound of a gun shot

Forget all that fake white clothe packaging
you are a big mistake to those that mistakenly brought you to this world

220 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by sweetshisha: 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2021
jrjfjfj:

We don't need love from Fulanis or Ibos ... If Eledumare, Allah and Jehovah loves us it's enough

Yoruba Nation became imperative after the wickedness of Buhari's government regarding bandits, killer Herdsmen, border closure, Nepotism, and all sort of dangers to the Yoruba people

I listened to a live radio phone in Program on 32.fm Ibadan and the callers where so angry at the entity called Nigeria and Fulanis that I think war is looming

155 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Kdon2: 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
jrjfjfj:

You are just waking up ba? We have since departed where you are!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by freeman131: 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
They'll be thrown behind bars just like the legendary IPOB pig Cownu grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Dozie32(m): 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
Yorubas are not to he taken serious.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Resurrection212: 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
grin
Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by MorataFC: 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Yoruba Nation Protesters Storm Ojota, Lagos (Pictures) by Dpharisee: 12:17pm On Jul 03, 2021
jrjfjfj:

Bororo Fulani trying to derail this thread by bringing Igbos into the discussion and claiming Yoruba.
The reality is that Igbos feel pained anytime Fulani militia kills people in Yorubaland because you have Igbos resident in those communities doing their lawful business that could fall victim.
Go to that Rally and you will be shocked to find Igbos. I have Yoruba cousins which means we are now connected by blood, I am only unhappy if they refuse to heed and see through my warnings about the plans of invaders from Futa Jalon and if I make any snide remarks it's purely out of love and forcefully trying to convince them to believe me about the dangers lurking ahead of us.

When Bororo enters any community they don't separate Igbos or Igalas or Itsekiris from Yorubas living there, they kill anything that breathes as long as you can't respond to their calls and signals in coded Fulfude.

In forums where people use their real names you don't find divisive comments like faceless Nairaland

168 Likes 18 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Tinubu Licks His Finger As He Tries To Flip A Book Page (Pictures) / "Buhari Attends Mosque In London, But Very Ill, Not Coming Home Soon" - Guardian / Video Of Helicopter Accompanying A Train In Nigeria Causes Stir On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.