Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:09 PM

Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) (4087 Views)

Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State / The Title OBA Is Indigenous To Benins / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by Iceyjayz: 7:48am On Jul 04, 2021
temitope27:
go and read about ilorin and stop asking me stupid question here
Lol stupid question? I won't read. tell me what happened yourself, I will be waiting. angry
Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by temitope27(m): 7:55am On Jul 04, 2021
Iceyjayz:
Lol stupid question? I won't read. tell me what happened yourself, I will be waiting. angry
keep waiting till ur days are gone
Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by Iceyjayz: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2021
temitope27:
keep waiting till ur days are gone
Young man, did anyone stole your sweets? why are you unnecessary angry?
Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2021
TsaTrinity:

Wrong! First picture is Ooni of Ife and last one is Oba of Benin.
Check your facts right and stop massaging your ego with lies

Actually, the first picture was that of the Oba of Lagos (a vassal to the Oba of Benin), the last picture was that of the Oba of Benin (Oba Akenzua who was trained in a british Ivy League university and applying british costoms while receiving british queen).

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/13799570_e35d717da677480da9d3334d52093dbf_jpeg_jpegc25ccbd3aa084499018abadb1053ad6a

The first picture was taken during a visit of elizabeth to Lagos in 1956 and the whole event was filmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw1pNhAenro

Actually, there is no traditional ruler in nigeria who didn't do a courtesy when recieving queen elizabeth, indeed in colonial nigeria, all traditional rulers in nigeria were vassals to the british crown. Even the Oba of Lagos whom is in the first photo also bowed down, the picture is only showing the momment, after bowing down, when his head was high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pC_aKoUias

So I would like to return your advise to you: "stop massaging your ego with lies", you don't even seem to know what aderemi looks like.
Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ceenachi:
I’m in love with Igbo people

Actually, the first picture was that of the Oba of Lagos (a vassal to the Oba of Benin), the last picture was that of the Oba of Benin (Oba Akenzua who was trained in a british Ivy League university and applying british costoms while receiving british queen).

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/13799570_e35d717da677480da9d3334d52093dbf_jpeg_jpegc25ccbd3aa084499018abadb1053ad6a

The first picture was taken during a visit of elizabeth to Lagos in 1956 and the whole event was filmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw1pNhAenro

Actually, there is no traditional ruler in nigeria who didn't do a courtesy when recieving queen elizabeth, indeed in colonial nigeria, all traditional rulers in nigeria were vassals to the british crown. Even the Oba of Lagos whom is in the first photo also bowed down, the picture is only showing the momment, after bowing down, when his head was high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pC_aKoUias
Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
Monogamy:
Who is older between the Oba and the Emir?

Apart from age, Are small Oba not bowing for big Oba?

Considering the source self, the mischievous aim is duly noted
the word which you are looking for is "monarch". Stop overusing the word Oba, it is not an english word and it is the personal property of the Oba of Benin. yorubas have their own titles which they seem to have abandonned in favor of copying the Oba of Benin's title.
Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by Spy360(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2021
ghostwon333:

the word which you are looking for is "monarch". Stop overusing the word Oba, it is not an english word and it is the personal property of the Oba of Benin. yorubas have their own titles which they seem to have abandonned in favor of copying the Oba of Benin's title.
Your knowledge is quite vast. Please explain the issue of a Yoruba monarch kneeling before the Emir of Ilorin as it relates to the topic.
Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
Spy360:

Your knowledge is quite vast. Please explain the issue of a kneeling Yoruba monarch kneeling before a northern monarch as it relates to the topic
I have no idea, ask the yorubas, in my own opinion, the yorubas do not have real monarchs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by davidnazee: 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
ghostwon333:

I have no idea, ask the yorubas, in my own opinion, the yorubas do not have real monarchs.

Lol.. your opinion harsh ooo..
Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by davidnazee: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
Spy360:

Your knowledge is quite vast. Please explain the issue of a Yoruba monarch kneeling before the Emir of Ilorin as it relates to the topic.

Same reason Nigeria monarchs bowed before the Queen of England..
Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by Spy360(m): 8:59am On Jul 05, 2021
davidnazee:

Same reason Nigeria monarchs bowed before the Queen of England..
So then the Fulani emirs are lords over the Yoruba obas? That colonisation has to stop.
Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by Christistruth00: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
Ceenachi:
I’m in love with Igbo people

That Was the Oba of Lagos Standing and Shaking the Queen of England he is not Igbo
Re: Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2021
Christistruth00:

That Was the Oba of Lagos Standing and Shaking the Queen of England he is not Igbo

Every nigerian monarch boed down to the queen of england, the photo is only showing a momment when his head wasn't down.
That is what we call the colonial era, all nigerian monarchs were vassals to the british monarchy and had to bow down to the queen of england.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hacked Netflix Available.!✨✨ / The Oba Of Benin Kingdom With Queen Elizabeth In / History Of Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ogba People In Rivers State By Prof. Eric Amadi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.