Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? (4379 Views)

Is There A Proper Age To Have Sex / My Best Friend Is Planning Marriage With My Ex-Boyfriend / Man Marries Lady While Planning Marriage Introduction With Another One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by cfree14(m): 10:45am On Jul 04, 2021
I just need some opinions about this. I'm thinking of settling down soon and everyone is telling me to go for a younger lady. They believe the man should be older at all times. I understand their concern, looking at the fact that ladies tend to age faster than guys.

To me I don't think it should be anything of concern as long as true love is there.
What should be the age difference if you think otherwise?
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Bola146(f): 10:47am On Jul 04, 2021
Go for someone you love, it's doesn't matter the age, she might be older or younger, go for love and not lust. Good luck

5 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Jeon(f): 10:48am On Jul 04, 2021
cfree14:
I just need some opinions about this. I'm thinking of settling down soon and everyone is telling me to go for a younger lady. They believe the man should be older at all times. I understand their concern, looking at the fact that ladies tend to age faster than guys.

To me Is don't think it should be anything of concern as long as true love is there.

For me
5 years space is enough.

3 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 04, 2021
Any reasonable young lady who wants to enjoy her marriage,last long and grow old with her partner in marriage should look for a very matured man way above her age limit,these present young men are not it at all.

13 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Bola146(f): 10:51am On Jul 04, 2021
Rozcol:
Any reasonable young lady who wants to enjoy her marriage,last long and grow old with her partner in marriage should look for a very matured man way above her age limit,these present young men are not it at all.

Kids here will come for you, they don't like hearing bitter truth like this
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by pansophist(m): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2021
Bola146:
Go for someone you love, it's doesn't matter the age, she might be older or younger, go for love and not lust. Good luck

Age matters.

Age is a biological, legal, and psychological reality, denying it socially doesn't eliminate this truism. For example if Age doesn't matter, then a woman at 50 should be able to give birth easily like one at 23, a boy at 12 should be able to get a drivers license, and a man at 70 should have the maturity of a 17 years old boy.

Age matters. Love is merely a feeling, it's fickle and with everything fickle, it comes and goes. Don't marry for love, it should not be the core alone.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 04, 2021
Jeon:

For me
5 years space is enough.
least for me is 10years,if a man 30 and below approach me,I'll be like what's this small boy saying, I seriously can't stand very young men and their baggage. Also men 35 and above are already experienced about life and now very calm and also know how to carefully handle a woman well,men of these age group have outgrown toxicity and any form of bad social activities, I can't let men still testing the strength of their penis and how many rounds they can go come near me,lai lai.

16 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by pansophist(m): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2021
I'll tell you my rule, and maybe it will help you. Marry a woman you're older than, preferably a five years benchmark. Exceptions do apply, but try as much as much as possible not to marry a woman older than you or even the same age.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Bola146(f): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2021
pansophist:

Age matters.

Age is a biological, legal, and psychological reality, denying it socially doesn't eliminate this truism. For example if Age doesn't matter, then a woman at 50 should be able to give birth easily like one at 23, a boy at 12 should be able to get a drivers license, and a man at 70 should have the maturity of a 17 years old boy.

Age matters. Love is merely a feeling, it's fickle and with everything fickle, it comes and goes. Don't marry for love, it should not be the core alone.

It's doesn't, maturity does. A boy of 20 years might be more matured with good sense than a man of 50 years with mosquito brain.

3 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 04, 2021
Bola146:

Kids here will come for you, they don't like hearing bitter truth like this
Let the kids come abeg,I don't even have their time.Seriously if you see the face I make whenever a very young man dy toast me ehn,in my mind I'll be like this one is already thinking of how he's going to hit the booty with his herbally enegerzied penis and when he's tired of toasting he will find his level.

3 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by pyyxxaro: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2021
How many years our darling daddy take senior e babe

Infact go ask NED or FFK
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2021
pansophist:
I'll tell you my rule, and maybe it will help you. Marry a woman you're younger than, preferably a five years benchmark. Exceptions do apply, but try as much as much as possible not to marry a woman older than you or even the same age.
Check this your comment and correct it,you said marry a woman you're younger than and at the same time you said he should not marry a woman older than him

5 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by slawormiir: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Age doesn't matter...

Accept love which ever way it finds you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 04, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Age doesn't matter...

Accept love which ever way it finds you
Age matters please, two young people hardly last in marriage
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by angelfallz(m): 11:07am On Jul 04, 2021
The bolded, You made a mistake. I believe you wanted type older not younger.

pansophist:
I'll tell you my rule, and maybe it will help you. Marry a woman you're younger than, preferably a five years benchmark. Exceptions do apply, but try as much as much as possible not to marry a woman older than you or even the same age.
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by pansophist(m): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2021
Angelfallz rozcol

Thanks. Corrected.

4 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Rozcol:
Zzor, rozz is that you ?

Reveal yourself

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 04, 2021
Rozcol:
least for me is 10years,if a man 30 and below approach me,I'll be like what's this small boy saying, I seriously can't stand very young men and their baggage. Also men 35 and above are already experienced about life and now very calm and also know how to carefully handle a woman well,men of these age group have outgrown toxicity and any form of bad social activities, I can't let men still testing the strength of their penis and how many rounds they can go come near me,lai lai.
Lol, their herbs energized peniis, lol

You’ve been thru a lot

11 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2021
pansophist:
I'll tell you my rule, and maybe it will help you. Marry a woman you're older than, preferably a five years benchmark. Exceptions do apply, but try as much as much as possible not to marry a woman older than you or even the same age.
You need to quit whatever it is you are smoking then come back and edit this post.

2 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 04, 2021
kokaneprodigy:
Lol, their herbs energized peniis, lol
You’ve been thru a lot
cocaine man,how are you doing
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 04, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

You need to quit whatever it is you are smoking then come back and edit this post.
Why are you attacking him,he's not a troublesome person, it was just a mistake and he has corrected it
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by cfree14(m): 11:27am On Jul 04, 2021
Bola146:
Exactly my point. Thanks
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 04, 2021
Rozcol:
cocaine man,how are you doing
I’m doing good,
Could be better with you though
I’ve missed you to be honest

I mean that last line.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 04, 2021
Rozcol:
Why are you attacking him,he's not a troublesome person, it was just a mistake and he has corrected it
So who is troublesome?
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by charlito94(m): 11:47am On Jul 04, 2021
cfree14:

To me I don't think it should be anything of concern as long as true love is there.

If I say age doesn't matter I might not be fully sincere. Individual perspective varies a lot. For me I can't marry someone 5-6 years older than me and same to the fact I can't marry someone I'm older than with a 5-10 years gap.
For me I'm more comfortable with someone of same age grade.

Well love covers it all but i will still advixe never marry someone far above your age except she doesn't look the age.

4 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Obarofrederick(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2021
pansophist:

Age matters.

The great Pansophist grin. Happy Sunday to you, coming from a fan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Obarofrederick(m): 11:52am On Jul 04, 2021
Rozcol:
You made a nice point
Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Obarofrederick(m): 11:55am On Jul 04, 2021
Bola146:

It's doesn't, maturity does. A boy of 20 years might be more matured with good sense than a man of 50 years with mosquito brain.
what you said is very rare. Age matters o, it's not easy to see a boy of 20 years old acting matured than a 50 years old. Happy Sunday to you by the way.

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Casham: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
For me, I don't care what the accepted norm is or is not. I just want to live with a person who will be my friend and confidant. I will prefer someone with a two year gap(older or younger). But This is not strictly exclusive. It is each person's prerogative to decide for themselves. I can marry a woman 50 years older or younger if it comes to it.

2 Likes

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by cfree14(m): 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2021
Rozcol:
"Way above her age limit". So whats the enjoyment there if I may ask

1 Like

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by Boss13: 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ten (10) years. However, this is still dependent on your ability to provide. If you are poor, your young wife will insult you and due to the wide age gap, you will feel the pain more.

10 years is preferable because as men we prefer respect to love and this age gap provides the buffer to mitigate against disrespect from not just your wife but also from her family.

To conclude, the age gap is important. However, your ability to provide is more important because it is in the biological nature of women to be cared for. Hence a woman would respect a younger man who take care of her than a poor older man.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Should Be The Proper Age Gap For A Man And Woman Planning Marriage? by cfree14(m): 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
Rozcol:
With that kind of age difference, I've seen ladies behave like house girls bcus they see their husband as their father's mate. Your husband should be someone you can easily relate with and not one to be feared

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Woman Caught On Camera Breast Feeding A Dog (VIDEO) / Strange: Could This Be The Skull Of Golaith? (photo) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.