Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,469 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:56 PM

Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? (3168 Views)

Soldiers Who Tortured Civilians In Rivers State Have Been Arrested / Why Can't Lagos State Govt Make ALLEN AVENUE Look Like This? / Why Can't Lagos Be Like Tokyo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by nairavsdollars(f): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2021
With its huge resources, why can't Lagos State have a functional airline like Akwa-Ibom airline, Ibom Air?

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Commentor: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2021
In 10 years time, you'll tell the world how bad an investment it is.

16 Likes

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Harrykn: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2021
What are you saying?
Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 04, 2021
Commentor:

The way it is structured, it can not fail. It is privately managed and not exposed to lunacy of the political class. So, in 10 years, I see progress.

12 Likes

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Officialgarri: 11:16am On Jul 04, 2021
Why are you worried about Lagos?

There are more than a 100 investments that Lagos has but Akwa-Ibom doesn't have and might never have. You should be worried about that instead.

Lagos state has an international airport which the state's commission in the revenue generated is enough to launch its own airline.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by 2special(m): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2021
Of what essence? and mind you, the priority of each state differs

8 Likes

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Commentor: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2021
Billyonaire666:

The way it is structured, it can not fail. It is privately managed and not exposed to lunacy of the political class. So, in 10 years, I see progress.

If only you know how airlines haemorrhage worldwide you wouldn't be beating your chest on its sustainability.

16 Likes

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 04, 2021
Officialgarri:
Why are you worried about Lagos?

There are more than a 100 investments that Lagos has but Akwa-Ibom doesn't have and might never have. You should be worried about that instead.

Lagos state has an international airport which the state's commission in the revenue generated is enough to launch its own airline.

You have not answered his question.

Lagos State is incapable of running a state-owned Airline. Lagos is not the best when it comes to internal think-tank when compared to Akwa Ibom. I have assets in both States, so I am a very unbiased Lagosian.

Uyo, and Abuja are the only places you can live in Nigeria without missing Lagos. It is a fact. So, do not jettison common knowledge for bias.

Take a trip to Akwa Ibom and you'd understand why.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Duru9(m): 11:19am On Jul 04, 2021
Will Lagos kill herself with investment

Do you know how many investments are there in Lagos

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 04, 2021
Commentor:

If only you know how airlines haemorrhage worldwide you wouldn't be beating your chest on its sustainability.

I know the industry more than you do, I had interest in dry and wet leases so I did my researches. The expense in the industry is about repairs and maintenance, so Akwa Ibom did something marvelous by building a Maintenance and Repairs industry around its Airline.

Your knowledge of the sector with reference to Ibom Air is very limited, hence your ignorance of it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Sunnybay7: 11:26am On Jul 04, 2021
No agbero to collect money in the air, once they figure how agbero will start tormenting pilots they will commence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by rottennaija(m): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2021
nairavsdollars:
With its huge resources, why can't Lagos State have a functional airline like Akwa-Ibom airline, Ibom Air?

It's not a must. Lagos state is miles ahead of Akwaibom. They can, probably they should, but do they need it? They need rail and metro rail service more than airlines.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Commentor: 11:33am On Jul 04, 2021
Billyonaire666:

I know the industry more than you do, I had interest in dry and wet leases so I did my researches. The expense in the industry is about repairs and maintenance, so Akwa Ibom did something marvelous by building a Maintenance and Repairs industry around its Airline.

Your knowledge of the sector with reference to Ibom Air is very limited, hence your ignorance of it.

You know the industry yet, you fail to state how aviation today is largely a vanity project for countries operating them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/pilots-unemployed-pandemic-covid-b1794279.html

https://www.ft.com/content/0a334f3e-3bb3-4ff3-96ed-39a5b3fe821b

10 Likes

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by nairavsdollars(f): 11:45am On Jul 04, 2021
Owned by Lagos state government not private individuals
Duru9:
Will Lagos kill herself with investment

Do you know how many investments are there in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 04, 2021
Commentor:

You know the industry yet, you fail to state how aviation today is largely a vanity project for countries operating them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/pilots-unemployed-pandemic-covid-b1794279.html

https://www.ft.com/content/0a334f3e-3bb3-4ff3-96ed-39a5b3fe821b

You are ignorant of the industry in relation to Nigeria and West Africa. The Airline industry in Akwa Ibom is a very profitable business for those who are interested in such investment in Nigeria, a country without national airline. The fact that you quoted foreign news papers that are discussing about foreign business environment means you are not intellectually wealthy to communicate on my view points.

Nigeria needs even more Airlines, we are under-served, so stop quoting my posts if you are ignorant of our business climate in reference to foreign context. I do not have time to waste with neophytes who simply want to win arguments without reference to local economic delta curve.

7 Likes

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Commentor: 11:48am On Jul 04, 2021
Billyonaire666:

You are ignorant of the industry in relation to Nigeria and West Africa. The Airline industry in Akwa Ibom is a very profitable business for those who are interested in such investment in Nigeria, a country without national airline. The fact that you quoted foreign news papers that are discussing about foreign business environment means you are not intellectually wealthy to communicate on my view points.

Nigeria needs even more Airlines, we are under-served, so stop quoting my posts if you are ignorant of our business climate in reference to foreign context. I do not have time to waste with neophytes who simply want to win arguments without reference to local economic delta curve.

We are underserved?

You used past tense whilse describing your role in the industry.

Why did you flee?

Who abandons a money spinner?

7 Likes

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by sholatech(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2021
As I do not agree with you on this, I will like to know why you think Lagos is not the best when it comes to internal think tank.

Is it Lagos state as a whole or current administration?

Both states once invested in same vehicle. Econet wireless. We can start from here on who made best investment decision and had best returns.

IGR generation is also a good tool to analyse this as its a function of your think thank ability to generate resources outside FG handout

I love the way Akwa ibom is set up currently and it's my personal favourite airline on lagos Abuja route especially. However, with worldwide aviation industry investment performance, it's not where I will place a kobo of my savings. I join the gang waiting to analyse the figures in 10years time.
Billyonaire666:

You have not answered his question.

Lagos State is incapable of running a state-owned Airline. Lagos is not the best when it comes to internal think-tank when compared to Akwa Ibom. I have assets in both States, so I am a very unbiased Lagosian.

Uyo, and Abuja are the only places you can live in Nigeria without missing Lagos. It is a fact. So, do not jettison common knowledge for bias.

Take a trip to Akwa Ibom and you'd understand why.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Workch: 11:52am On Jul 04, 2021
Commentor:
you are not alright

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Workch: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2021
I don’t see how it’s necessary

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by nairavsdollars(f): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
How?
Workch:
I don’t see how it’s necessary
Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2021
sholatech:
As I do not agree with you on this, I will like to know why you think Lagos is not the best when it comes to internal think tank.

Is it Lagos state as a whole or current administration?

Both states once invested in same vehicle. Econet wireless. We can start from here on who made best investment decision and had best returns.

IGR generation is also a good tool to analyse this as its a function of your think thank ability to generate resources outside FG handout

I love the way Akwa ibom is set up currently and it's my personal favourite airline on lagos Abuja route especially. However, with worldwide aviation industry investment performance, it's not where I will place a kobo of my savings. I join the gang waiting to analyse the figures in 10years time.

The Econet investment wasnt just Lagos and Akwa Ibom but Delta State too, so Yes, we are on the same page on that.

The Akwa Ibom Think-Tank understands the Industry and knows that Maintenance and Repairs is the major cause of losses, hence Insurance, Maintenance and Repairs are a key component of the planning.

I personally drove to the Airport to see what progress is being made at those areas because I wanted to acquire some assets at their Airport road at Uruan - Okobo axis where the Airport is built. I wanted to be sure of the seriousness and dedication before I made that investment. I was impressed after reviewing the whitepaper and seeing progress of work at the facilities.

I know in a few years, these planes will fly on autopilot and that is a plus for the Airline as AI flies better than humans and without pilots overhead cost is reduced, which means more profit.

The Airline industry will remain the best transport means till the end of time, it does not matter if it is flown by humans or robots, especially in Nigeria where there is no National Carrier.

Akwa Ibom will continue to invest in infrastructures where Private investors are absent or too scared to put their resources, because the State has a blueprint to awaken its people from the era of houseboys and housegirls to a Kingdom - Ibom Kingdom, for them it is about Ideology not about just naira and kobo.

I will advise that you buy a piece of Akwa Ibom - it is a nice place.

As for Lagos, where I spend a greater of my adult life, I love the State, but there is need for us to get things right in Lagos and not develop infrastructures based on vested interests. - Vested Interest is why we are developing Elekan-Epe road and vested interested is why we are building Eko Atlantic. etc

The rest of Lagos rots.

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by Workch: 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2021
nairavsdollars:
How?
Its not a must, there are a lot of sectors states can invest in aside the aviation sector.

7 Likes

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by techWriter2: 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2021
Of what nutshell and mind you the imperative of each federal spurs
Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by aribisala0(m): 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
nairavsdollars:
What is the purpose or reason for having an airline? How will Lagos State benefit from having an airline .DO you have any specific gains in mind? Or is it to say "we too we have airline?"
I am not opposed to an airline neither am I in agreement

First let us establish WHY?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by nairavsdollars(f): 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2021
Drunk or something
techWriter2:
Of what nutshell and mind you the imperative of each federal spurs
Re: Ibom Air: Why Can't Lagos State Have An Airline Like Akwa Ibom State? by aribisala0(m): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2021
Billyonaire666:

Very profutable? Do you have any data to back this up for example Yield, ROI etc Is it more profitable that a brewery, refinery or garri factory?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Senator Who Cheats His People (photos) / Nnewi Is The 7th Fastest Growing City In The World / Obi: Group Dares Tinubu, Begins Door-to-door Campaign In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.