Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt (891 Views)

DSS Releases 5 #BuhariMustGo Activists Arrested At Dunamis Church (Pictures) / Activists Arrested & Beaten At Dunamis Church For Wearing Buhari Must Go Shirts / #BuhariMustGo Protest Rocks Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by envoymedia: 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
Dunamis Church Arrests Activists for Attending Worship Service With #BuhariMustGo T-Shirt

Dunamis Church security were said to have accosted men wearing T-shirt with message #BuhariMustGo and thereafter handed them to operatives of the State Security Service, IgbereTV reports.

Reporting how it happened, Sanyaolu Juwon wrote on Facebook;

"About 10 activists decided to attend Dunamis church in their #BuhariMustGo T-shirts. The church asked all first timers to come out for prayers. The patriotic citizens obeyed the clarion call from the Altar with their fully displayed BuhariMustGo shirt. They were immediately apprehended by the church security on their way out of the church and subsequently handed to the DSS. Kudos to the courageous activists for this creativity. I'm certain if the activists had worn a shirt inscribing "sai Buhari", they would have ranked as Pastor Enenche's new best friend.

Historically, even in revolutionary epochs, the church has always been one with the oppressive state. And this wretched trend has not changed and it's not likely to change until we create a social system that consciously separates religion from the state. #RevolutionNow"
https://www.facebook.com/100001342582946/posts/4058335920887787/?app=fbl

Also reacting, #BuhariMustGo Convener, Omoyele Sowore wrote;

"UNBELIEVABLE: Security men at @DunamisGospel have arrested activists wearing #BuhariMustGo Tshirts to their church service, church security later handed over to DSS officials who are currently torturing them. I thought Pastor @DrPaulEnenche was also preaching about justice! The five activists were driven away in a DSS Hilux van and two power bikes. Shame in the house of God!"
https://www.facebook.com/803267836/posts/10161724094297837/?app=fbl

Lalasticlala

Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Xscape1993(m): 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
Why? Unbelievable!
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by flexlatifa: 12:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
H
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by complexBoss12: 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2021
the fo.ol below thinks he is upholding God by supporting everything Pastors/Church does. If Churches and Pastors can do no wrong in yours eyes then you're no different from Buhari senseless miscreants.

Jesus Christ himself, according to Bible, preached in the Markets, criticised politicians and stood for the Truth, and the last time I checked, the Church and God is the symbol of truth.

These guys didn't even protest, they just wore shirts.

1 Like

Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Righteousness2(m): 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
Wisdom is Profitable to Direct.

The Church is not the place for " Buhari must go" Even though we understand that Pmb has caused a lot of pains in the land.

The Church is a place where people come to meet with GOD, Hear His Word and be filled with HIS Spirit and Knowledge.

Take your Protest to Aso rock and other Government parastatals not the Church..

Having Said that, I believe the Church would have just taken them out and not handing them to Dss and all that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Oche211(m): 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
Christians have been praying for change but not ready to talk the bull by the horn.
You stand on the pulpit every time condemning the government.

Now activists have come for solidarity and you hand them over to the government.

Oh!!! I guess everyone is afraid of DSS invasion.
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Oche211(m): 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2021
Righteousness2:

The Church is not the place for " Buhari must go" Even though we understand that Pmb has caused a lot of pains in the land.

The Church is a place where people come to meet with GOD, Hear His Word and be filled with HIS Spirit and Knowledge.

You think if Jesus is to be in Nigeria now, he will fold his hands and watch?

He would have led the revolution from the alter with words and actions
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Kyase(m): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2021
I’m going to Dunamis next week grin

Nice one

Everybody is now an activist in Nigeria
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by onez: 12:29pm On Jul 04, 2021
Buhari must go for Nigeria to have peace.
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Righteousness2(m): 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
Oche211:

You think if Jesus is to be in Nigeria now, he will fold his hands and watch?

He would have led the revolution from the alter with words and actions

Go and read your Bible. Politics has been on since Bible days even while JESUS was on Earth during the reign of wicked Herod.
Yes, He tackled Herod but He didn't let it affect his ministry
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kill de terrorist asap,
Bubu always treating dem in de language de understand very well ###Pythonese language,
4 + 4 = 2023
PMB = Next Level, Haters drink sniper

Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by 2special(m): 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
I know atleast 5 different people answering Buhari and it can be any of them not necessarily be the evil one in Aso Rock.....
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by 360degreess(m): 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
Lewisjohnson:
Kill de terrorist asap,
Bubu always treating dem in de language de understand very well ###Pythonese language,
4 + 4 = 2023
PMB = Next Level, Haters drink sniper
.. Correct. Tell those frustrated morons.

Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by SILVERLINES: 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
cheesy

I won't say anything
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Oche211(m): 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2021
Righteousness2:

Go and read your Bible. Politics has been on since Bible days even while JESUS was on Earth during the reign of wicked Herod.

JESUS Christ didn't come for Politics. He came to Save souls

Really?
Sir, I am very vast in the Bible than you do.
I know the Bible Genesis to Revelations.

The issues with most Nigerian Christians is hypocrisy.
You think Jesus will accept all these trades by barters in His church here in Nigeria?

Dunamis is just simply afraid of the FG.

Well in Buhari's Nigeria, men are chained with their faces to the walls and their back to light so that they can only see the shadows of reality.
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Factshunter: 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
They should have just asked him to take the stuff off or go home to change instead of turning him over.
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Oche211(m): 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2021
complexBoss12:
the fo.ol below thinks he is upholding God by supporting everything Pastors/Church does. If Churches and Pastors can do no wrong in yours eyes then you're no different from Buhari senseless miscreants.

Jesus Christ himself, according to Bible, preached in the Markets, criticised politicians and stood for the Truth, and the last time I checked, the Church and God is the symbol of truth.

These guys didn't even protest, they just wore shirts.

Please help me inform them more. Just wearing shirts too.

Just like you said, the Church and God is the symbol of truth.

It's rather sad that the church here has lost the truth.
All we get are make believe
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Righteousness2(m): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2021
Oche211:

Really?
Sir, I am very vast in the Bible than you do.
I know the Bible Genesis to Revelations.

The issues with most Nigerian Christians is hypocrisy.
You think Jesus will accept all these trades by barters in His church here in Nigeria?

Dunamis is just simply afraid of the FG.
Praise GOD you know more than I do.
That is wonderful
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Tinubuadvocate: 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2021
They did the right thing the bastard should be strip naked in the public .
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Ade3131: 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2021
Interesting times we're in
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by DrSamOnowu87(m): 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2021
Righteousness2:

Having Said that, I believe the Church would have just taken them out and not handing them to Dss and all that.
I have always respected ur view but on this u got it absolutely wrong. They only wore d T Shirt/polo to church & wasn't protesting or disrupted d church service etc.
So if someone wore a shirt/polo with Bob marley smoking indian hemp or satan,illuminati inscription,pix on it condeming d aforementioned individuals,group, u will arrest & hand him/her over to police,satan or illuminati?
Man... u fall my hand,Enenche & Becky & d church security,etc dissapointed me & re a big disgrace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by BassReeves: 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2021
Factshunter:
They should have just asked him to take the stuff off or go home to change instead of turning him over.
I concur, but seems in their case, its a situation of the fear of Fulani junta is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by AntiBMC(m): 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2021
All dese self-acclaimed pastors...wey no know wetin call dem.. fake, greedy false prophets opening churches to enlarge der pockets. Judgement awaits dem all.
Re: Dunamis Church Arrests Activists For Attending Service With #BuhariMustGo Shirt by Muna4real(f): 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
Righteousness2:

People like you are the problem of the country. Did they tell you they were protesting there? They only wore a t-shirt to church and there's no harm there. Stop being foolish.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Said Ikonso Will Be Buried With 2000 Heads Not 2000 Human Heads / Sunday Igboho Replies Oluwo Of Iwo, 'no Going Back On Yoruba Nation Agitation' / Do You Know Buhari Jailed Professor Banji Akintoye?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.