Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job (63242 Views)

Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by pocohantas(f): 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2021
DMerciful:
Stay in naija if you want oga

Why you dey answer that guy? You no see say e no well? Nawa!

4 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Mcslize: 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2021
Solatium:

Talk is cheap,i have asked you how much you earn but you only launched into one useless is not your portion prayer.
Your clergies who gave you the prayer point feast on those who earn ₦35k a month through their tithe,but a jobless you who never earn the ₦150k your so much talked down on still dey live in dreamland.
I am cork sure you don't work and you do not have people that earn salaries around you,if not you would have known that a graduate level entry salary does not exceed ₦83k before tax.

I can see how much of a key board worrior you've become with your outdated phone. I won't stoop low to tell you how much I earn. I refused to be a salary earner.

Isn't it obvious you are still living under your parents roof?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mcslize:

Lol! You are quoting someone that can coach you in terms of immigration and relocation. If you don't know about something, ask let those who know put you through.

Stop wasting your precious time brother, You are quoting an "Irredeemable poverty stricken hopeless low life Zombie" Pls channel your time Into something productive and profitable.....

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Stricklybidness(m): 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
omomummy13:

That's a little above 2000 quid. By the time to deduct expenses, he'll be lucky to have 500 pounds left.

Make una dey reason say as una dey talk, others too dey listen. Overseas is ok, Nigeria is ok. Make all man choose their path in peace.
Amen ooooo.

May God direct our path.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Mcslize: 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Stop wasting your precious time brother, You are quoting an irredeemable poverty stricken low life zombie. Pls channel your time Into something productive and profitable.....

Don't mind the guy. I am done with him.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Abiboss: 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2021
Taiwolus:
Most of the people commenting here are delusional. You have no first hand experience but will quickly jump at answers and conclusion.

The best set of people to migrate are single folks less than 30. The important part is that you need to be smart. Have the right skills and experience and be very much driven. In 2-3 years if you get into the right countries with proper work authorization, the sky is the limit.

I know of the UK and Canada and I have more than 10 family and friends that have been able to multiply their income by more than 10 times since they left Nigeria. All in less than 5 years.

Minimum wage in Calgary is $15/hr for god sake.

Bro what kind of skill do suggest one should have before moving abroad?
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Solatium(m): 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mcslize:

I can see how much of a key board worrior you've become with your outdated phone. I won't stoop low to tell you how much I earn. I refused to be a salary earner.

Isn't it obvious you are still living under your parents roof?

A serious entrepreneur will not even degrade ₦150k salary to an employee,How many of them make ₦150k profit daily? your last reply indicate you have never does any job for living,na people wey no get shishi dey always talk say one money small,we know una
Yèyé dey baff you

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by ChopAndGo: 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2021
KosiGee:

Why would anyone leave Nigeria to travel to countries like Cyprus, Malta, Greece for greener pasture?? That’s insane.

You only visit those places for tourist reasons.
Abroad to me means US, Uk, Canada then France and Germany if you can overcome the linguistic barriers.

I went to Athens and I was filled with sadness seeing many Nigerians jobless and frustrated.
You’d see them at Syntagma square with drums.
Those are beautiful places if you are a tourist. Lots of archeological sites to visit and learn but never places for the average Nigerian to emigrate to.
Please remove Malta!
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Stricklybidness(m): 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2021
dustydee:

UK

Nice.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Stricklybidness(m): 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Imagine see the norms of a nation, See eleribu dederocs siblings low lifes suffer heads. We never even pack the oracle for ground, The oracle don dey manifest. If you love your sanity as a mentally sound humans. Stay away from this low grade things beneath animals dedorocs.....grin

Is that the best you've got?

Common! hit me harder.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Stricklybidness(m): 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2021
Coldie:
uk

Thanks for the response really appreciate.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Solatium(m): 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mcslize:

Lol! You are quoting someone that can coach you in terms of immigration and relocation. If you don't know about something, ask let those who know put you through.

You need to start the coaching with your relatives both immediate and extended,abi na all your family dey live abroad?
Nairaland is a leveller, people that have never stepped on a plane for 6hrs flight are claiming to be a relocation Coach.
Nothing wey person no go see for this street
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Abiboss: 6:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
Shokoloko:
Why would one leave a lucrative job to go abroad and work menial jobs?. If combined family income is up to N1 million naira monthly perhaps no need to move

Not all abroad is "abroad". Choose the country wisely - it is triple hard when the country is not English speaking.

Be careful how you get into the country.

Understand that in your first year you will be tested, but it gets better. Take advantage of ALL the social assistance programs available. Electricity support to pay for electric bills eg OESP, Rent support to pay for rent, Works assistance to help you get by while you look for work, University loan assistance e.g OSAP to go to school to upgrade, Food banks/ Churches for free food, Salvation army for free food and clothes and utensils, Provincial help for furniture. Equipass for reduced transportation costs - splits transport cost in half. Do not raise shoulders, take the assistance first. If you have children below 18 apply for CCB, every child is paid 500-600 CAD monthly. OHIP for free healthcare. Do not compare yourself with anyone in your first year(This is for Canada)

Edited to add: Find and join a Nigerian Telegram or whatsapp group for your area. They will help you.

Do not do a menial job more than 6 months, even 3 months of menial work is enough to show employers that you have Canadian experience, Even if you came in as a refugee, take a loan/grant and study to be a PSW/CNA, take a loan and buy a car and drive uber or apply to work in a call center.

For the Uber thing, I think that might not be possible according to my research I learnt that one need to have a license before you can drive over see, and also it takes up to two years to be given a license.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by teejaymmm(m): 6:32pm On Jul 05, 2021
I have been going through the thread, very interesting. Friends one thing we must understand is that, people's grace are not always the same. The same uk people are making it, someone else can go there and won't make it. No matter how you try to say it, try and move into an organised country outside Nigeria, you will see the difference. We pay more bills in Nigeria if you look at it. You provide your light, security, education, shelter, feeding, so what exactly are we comparing. Have you ever wondered why a Nigerian that is not doing well here, immediately he steps out into the worst condition out there he does better. One thing is sure, if your mind is telling you something like Japa, bros no waste time because Nigeria isn't giving hope at all. Remember the future of the kids is very important. A friend of mine some 5years ago called me to advise him that he intended going to Dubai, I told him bros you have nothing to lose m, after all in Nigeria you don't have a job, just go like job scouting. Today he is married with a child over there. If your mind is telling you to Japa, bros no waste time, Nigeria is not getting better any soon, maybe if God intervenes

8 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by jesmond3945: 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Ignorance, lack of exposure and buha.ri body odour have really affected you and decoration or what his name reasoning. You zombies drink cow urine.....
yahoo boy, white man slave, poor man. Sorry you hear.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Snitch24(m): 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Which location, type of accommodation, transport to and from work, family background etc?

When you say single, which type: with or without a girlfriend?

It's possible, but depends on so many factors and coupled with the serial devaluation and hyper inflation, I believe we should move past this mentality of 200k/month as a standard for salary earners.

We both know that the purchasing power of 200k has reduced with time and then come to think of it, what percentage of the population earns equal to OR greater than such amount?

Anybody that wants to move abroad, I'd say go for it but research, read, ask questions, and most importantly manage your expectations.

It all depends on purpose bro
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Aguogba(m): 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
Stricklybidness:

Congratulation my brother.

Biko I'm I to the car business here in abuja and looking for someone to partner with.

Used cars over there or accidented cars.

@Philznnona is my handle on twitter.

If you interested then we can talk.
European cars are mostly clean title and expensive. North American ones are cheaper to market in Naija.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Shokoloko(f): 6:38pm On Jul 05, 2021
Abiboss:

For the Uber thing, I think that might not be possible according to my research I learnt that one need to have a license before you can drive over see, and also it takes up to two years to be given a license.

How to get a drivers license in Canada.
1. Quickly learn and get your Nigerian license in Nigeria while planning your immigration process
2. When you land, take Nigerian drivers license to Nigerian embassy in Ottawa or call if you do not live in Ontario, and ask for drivers record
3.Go and study for driving written exam. You can study this in one week
3.Take drivers record to any driving center
4. Immediately they collect it, take your eye test right there and go write your written exam G1.
5.Get scores immediately, get G1paper license right there. At the same time register date for drive test G license
6.If you drive well and pass G, go and start uber
7.if you fail G go and register immediately for G2, Pass G2 and collect paper license right there, use the license to buy car, use it to practice, come back for G after 3-6 months and pass it
8.Go and start Uber

Please this advice is not for people who went to Canada without learning how to drive. I keep saying paper license because that is what you pick up immediately and use to wave at the police if you are stopped grin. Plastic license will be mailed to your home after two weeks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by ChopAndGo: 6:39pm On Jul 05, 2021
Solatium:

They are always tired of the whole thing within 5yrs and most of them always want to come back after 10yrs.
Check around you will find so many of them
Serious?
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by ChopAndGo: 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Bro I'm studying currently..you don't expect me to get a full time job as developer in an Tech company with a beautiful office with also $80-$100k yearly

Our four generation were brought here to slave and I'm glad they did....

Is your country working?
The answer is NO!

Abeg let me enjoy my advance slavery ...
As soon as I'm through with my masters...

I can apply for a better standard job that suit my career....

Just that you know...my menial job+freelancer income in a month is greater than an average nnpc staff income monthly (salary) excluding if the nigga is receiving runz....
Stop saying trash!!
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by nedekid: 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2021
NorthRules9ja:

Liar i travel every year to overseas…stop your hate against us
He means move abroad to stay, not vacations.
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Mcslize: 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
Solatium:

A serious entrepreneur will not even degrade ₦150k salary to an employee,How many of them make ₦150k profit daily? your last reply indicate you have never does any job for living,na people wey no get shishi dey always talk say one money small,we know una
Yèyé dey baff you

You lack exposure. Key board worrior.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by nedekid: 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2021
motymop:

It is true, most Northerners don't move abroad or don't stay abroad for long, after their studies they come back home.

One i know studied in turkey, after his studies he came back home to work like every other person.

The other i know, went to the uk to study, after his studies, he came back home to start a poultry farm.
Most that have the means to study abroad come from influential homes and so who will stay abroad when you can get a job in cbn, nnpc, nlng etc?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by nedekid: 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
DMerciful:
My only regret of moving to Canada is why I waited too long to move. Comparing Canada to Nigeria under any condition is like comparing CNN to NTA...quite ridiculous.

Mind you eventually i and my family including my kids will be Canadians but we're still Nigerians meaning in the future we can stay anywhere depending on where the good life is which is obviously Canada for now
How old were you when you moved if I may ask?
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by nedekid: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2021
nelsonebby:

It's hard for Northerners to get Visa to western countries. Only the rich get Visas easily
Why?
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by nedekid: 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
Capitalpunisher:
to Mecca for Haj abi
Just curious
Lolz, or to Sudan to do refresher /upgrade courses in terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Solatium(m): 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2021
Mcslize:

You lack exposure. Key board worrior.

Wèrè prove me wrong now grin
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Kemimarch16(f): 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
I can't wait to leave the country soon

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by kriss27(m): 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
Monogamy:

May be unnecessary bills.. 2 bdr apartment in Usa, not furnished oo, standard one is from $1500 per month.. How much is that in Naira? How much is 2bdr apt per annum in Nigeria?
You didn’t say how long it takes to make the $1500, that is what the person you are quoting is telling you to calculate. Is just the exchange rate that makes it big money in Nigeria!
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by Solatium(m): 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2021
ChopAndGo:
Serious?

At that point and time they have seen it all, they have acquired it all (Money, experience and fame) they just want a new challenge,they want to do thing's differently,they want freedom from stereotype life ,they want to socialize
Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by nedekid: 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2021
oyatz:

Most Northerners by culture are conservative. They move abroad to study and come home to use the education and exposure received abroad to move-up the ladders in Nigerian societies.
Because they know they will get the choicest civil service jobs without merit.
Just as some will score 4 in common entrance and gain admission over another that score 200.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job by DMerciful(m): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
Let's just say over 30yrs
nedekid:

How old were you when you moved if I may ask?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

Lagos State Neighbourhood Recruitment 2017 / Australia Government MSc Scholarship For Nigerians- 3rd Class Can Apply / Diamond Bank 2014 Recruitment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.