Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? (20216 Views)

“Stop Chasing Money, Go And Marry, Money Will Start Chasing You” — Nigerian Lady / Confused: I Need Your Advice or assistant Pls / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by FalseProphet1(m): 10:06pm On Jul 04, 2021
As the topic implies, I recently told it to a girl whom I felt was way older than the lifestyle she was forcing herself to live, I noticed that her mood changed and she went into a rage and said I insulted her... please house look into it, is it an insult?

And why do many girls see that statement as an insult?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by WiszyFraud: 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2021
cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by FahBuLous: 10:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
That insult too much abeg

159 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
It's not an insult as I would reply you with a perfect answer if I'm the one.It's a choice after all there are people who chose to remain single

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by FalseProphet1(m): 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
FahBuLous:
That insult too much abeg
How?

Guys tell each other even scornfully, and no one feels insulted, even girls tell guys "better go and marry" yet they don't feel insulted, but once you tell it to a girl, all hell will be let loose.

Why?

184 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by FalseProphet1(m): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
Rozcol:
It's not an insult as I would reply you with a perfect answer if I'm the one.It's a choice after all there are people who chose to remain single
True...I wish all girls have this mindset.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by WoundedLamb: 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2021
FalseProphet1:

How?

Guys tell each other even scornfully, and no one feels insulted, even girls tell guys "better go and marry" yet they don't feel insulted, but once you tell it to a girl, all hell will be let loose.

Why?

Telling her "go and marry" knowing quite well that in most cases, she's not in a position to make that move/decision, is enough to get anyone upset. If you tell a guy who really wants to settle down but can't do so due to financial issues to go and marry, he might shrug it off but you've definitely made his worries worse. Nigerians like to think they're just jovial but the reality is that they're just up each other's business. Otherwise, it's really no one's business if someone is married or not. And you'd have to be really close to someone to use that line as a joke.

345 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by ImaIma1(f): 10:53pm On Jul 04, 2021
It might not be an insult. But it could be an insensitive statement especially if you don't know what the person is going through in terms of relationships. She can't ask herself out or propose to herself.

214 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by JeffreyJunior: 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2021
No it's not, just as "Falseprophet1, go and make money like your mates" by a lady isn't also an insult. grin

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Mophor: 11:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
Damn Niggar!!!!
Is marriage an achievement

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by KristaPretty(f): 11:28pm On Jul 04, 2021
If anyone tells me to go and marry like other ladies, I will tell them to go and die as their mates too.

Una goodnight

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by ImaIma1(f): 12:10am On Jul 05, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
No it's not just as "Falseprophet1, go and make money like your mates" by a lady isn't also an insult. grin

Exactly o

5 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by 1Sharon(f): 1:09am On Jul 05, 2021
It's an insult if it's not what the woman wants, then it comes off as condescending.

6 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 05, 2021
Parked
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Neptunium(m): 2:22am On Jul 05, 2021

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 3:13am On Jul 05, 2021
The same people won't help you when you can't afford antenatal. Telling people who are not financially bouyant to go and marry is an age long insult

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by pyyxxaro: 6:50am On Jul 05, 2021
Neptunium:
You don't know her story, you were wrong to make the remark. Was once insensitive like you. I know better after seeing what my younger sis faced at the hands of my fellow men, had to arrange my soldier friend in Nigeria to deal with the last one she dated. She met a great guy finally, got married a year ago at 34.

Why you go arrange soldier for the guy

You well

10 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by iamyemiakins(m): 7:04am On Jul 05, 2021
It's a polite insult.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Hathor5(f): 7:53am On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
As the topic implies, I recently told it to a girl whom I felt was way older than the lifestyle she was forcing herself to live, I noticed that her mood changed and she went into a rage and said insulted her... please house look into it, is it an insult?

And why do many girls see that statement as an insult?

Unsolicited advice is alway annoying.

And just because you feel that someone's lifestyle is not age appropriate, it is not for you to tell them what to do with their life.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by pocohantas(f): 8:02am On Jul 05, 2021
FalseProphet1:
As the topic implies, I recently told it to a girl whom I felt was way older than the lifestyle she was forcing herself to live, I noticed that her mood changed and she went into a rage and said insulted her...

I am more interested in this. What lifestyle is she FORCING herself to live?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Richy4(m): 8:12am On Jul 05, 2021
That's one of the biggest myopic statement of the century in my opinion.... It's like dictating how someone should live his/her life...It's not compulsory that everyone must marry....of course you know that or don't you?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by sotall(m): 10:43am On Jul 05, 2021
undecided
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by slawormiir: 10:43am On Jul 05, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

You are like telling her she is no longer a kid and she is getting old already...and soon she will be evening news paper

And you know our women hate that rubbish talk
They want to be forever young

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by 900warriorz: 10:43am On Jul 05, 2021
A Nairalander with the Moniker Fabemi posted the picture below, is it legit? Does anyone have experience with stuffs like that?

1 Like

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Dailymice: 10:43am On Jul 05, 2021
sad
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by GIANTPLUSHUB: 10:44am On Jul 05, 2021
Okay naaw
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by elganzar(m): 10:44am On Jul 05, 2021
Unsolicited advice ni yen...

Obviously a sensitive part of her life...
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Hotzone(m): 10:44am On Jul 05, 2021
Insult, based on the premise of this topic, u would have advised for matured conversation instead of ‘go an marry’ as if marriage is a symbol of perfection or maturity

11 Likes

Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by FirstSon01: 10:44am On Jul 05, 2021
F
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by Kindness218: 10:44am On Jul 05, 2021
It depends on the ground. might be insult or adviy
Re: Please "Go And Marry" Is It An Advice Or Insult? by eherbal(m): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2021
It means for you to be responsible. You were probably a nuisance.verdict; its an insultgrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Husband Goes Mad After Smoking ‘igbo’ Every Morning – Wife Tells Court / 45 Life Lessons, Written By A 90 Year Old. / Woman Delivers A Baby While Selling Herbs In Anambra State - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.