Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,883 members, 7,806,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage (54131 Views)

Kelvin Odinaka Shot Dead By UK Police / Pastor Taribo West Is Holding A Crusade In Lagos This December!! / Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by ogbiwa: 6:00am On Jul 05, 2021
A footballer holding a boy hostage was shot dead by police who found a dead body in his flat.

Odichukumma Kelvin Igweani, 24, is suspected to have killed a neighbour who rushed to save a toddler he could hear screaming for his life.

Richard Woodcock, 38, was lying on the floor lifeless when officers stormed a first-floor flat in Milton Keynes, Bucks, last Saturday on June 26.

After initial attempts to stun the 24-year-old footballer with a taser as he continued to pose a threat to his hostage toddler, police shot him four times.

Armed cops then stormed the apartment after neighbours reported a “horrible commotion” inside.

Officers found Igweani holding the seriously injured two-year-old boy captive in the bedroom.

Igweani, known as Kelvin, was pronounced dead at the scene and Mr Woodcock died of head injuries.

Mr Woodcock’s devastated wife and family paid an emotional tribute to him.

In a statement, his family said: “We have always been so proud of Richard and everything that he has achieved in life.

"We are devastated that Richard has been taken from us in such circumstances but we are also so immensely proud of the sacrifice that he has made to try and save a little boy’s life.

“His actions on Saturday morning were the type of man he was and that is how we would like him remembered.

“A lot of people loved Richard, probably more than he ever realised, and he will be a huge loss to all of his friends, family and work colleagues.”

His wife, who has not been named, said: “Richard, it has been a blessing to share my life with you, my dearest friend, my biggest love, my soul mate. My kind, generous, funny, clever, cheeky husband.

“Thank you for loving me and being the best father to our children. I’ll love you and cherish our time together forever.”

The toddler remains in a life-threatening condition in hospital.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/footballer-shot-dead-after-taking-24453322

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by donbachi(m): 6:04am On Jul 05, 2021
Otar:
Na wa o. Just like that?
Just like dat oo.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by PlayMaker14: 6:09am On Jul 05, 2021
After selling family land, you went there to become a useless vagabond who squander the little money you get from playing football on hard drugs.

Now, the too much intake of the whitish substance has messed up with your brain cells, you now decide to go violent by killing your neighbor and abducting a toddler.

Shame.

124 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by DaddyRochie1642: 6:10am On Jul 05, 2021
If what this news is saying about that footballer is true, then he's a stupid boy and I'll not waste my RIP on him.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by Beautynaija: 6:22am On Jul 05, 2021
Mental Health Problems.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by Abascoh: 6:23am On Jul 05, 2021
The long arms of village people should never be underestimated. Distance is not a barrier

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by MITCHELL96: 6:24am On Jul 05, 2021
What the f#ck! undecided undecided Nigerians like this keeps disgracing this nation, they don't represent us well, making us look odd, I remember telling a white man I just wanted to be friends with on Facebook I'm from Nigeria, he blocked me even after we chatted for a long time and knew ourselves well, it came to the part of "Where Are You From Mitch" told him Nigeria, he blocked me, you see what yahoo boys has caused ? undecided Americans now categorise every Nigeria as Scammers undecided and I don't think this yahoo of a thing is ever going to end. undecided

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by PlayMaker14: 6:25am On Jul 05, 2021
Otar:
Na wa o. Just like that?

Though I still don't see anywhere he was referred to as a Nigerian. Or do we automatically accord Nigerian citizenship based on crime?
The name Odichukumma Kelvin Igweani does it sound Spanish to you? Or you want to trace him to his ancestral roots to be sure of his nationality.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by paulolee(m): 6:37am On Jul 05, 2021
read the news countless times but gat frustrated after I saw dt its only his name dt linked him to "Nigerian" and also d post kept talking about d dead "richard woodcock".. maybe because he is a citizen from d said country
I exoected to see his reasons and what led to d hostage n why he killed dt gee, if its drugs related, mental problem or wat?
d newa looks kinda on sided, am not trying to justify his crime bt I think the summary can do better than dis..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by Waakanda: 6:44am On Jul 05, 2021
He must be on drugs undecided
Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by Ayomide811(m): 6:57am On Jul 05, 2021
Na dem
Dot Nation and crime are like 5&6

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:57am On Jul 05, 2021
After initial attempts to stun the 24-year-old footballer with a taser as he continued to pose a threat to his hostage toddler, police shot him four times.
.........and that is how the devil won the battle of his life at the end.
Resist the devil and he will flee from you so says our Holy Book.

What a wasted life!

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by VillagePipu: 6:57am On Jul 05, 2021
And some fools were shouting racism on the other thread.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by kindlyheart: 6:57am On Jul 05, 2021
are we not going to carry placards around to protest black life matters?

crime knows no race, but black man own worse.

6 Likes

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by luizkyworld(m): 6:58am On Jul 05, 2021
Bloggers can never bring good news on a monday morning. Abeg shift make we go start our hustle with positive energy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by nazicartel(m): 6:58am On Jul 05, 2021
MITCHELL96:
What the f#ck! undecided undecided Nigerians like this keeps disgracing this nation, they don't represent us well, making us look odd, I remember telling a white man I just wanted to be friends with on Facebook I'm from Nigeria, he blocked me even after we chatted for a long time and knew ourselves well, it came to the part of "Where Are You From Mitch" told him Nigeria, he blocked me, you see what yahoo boys has caused ? undecided Americans now categorise every Nigeria as Scammers undecided and I don't think this yahoo of a thing is ever going to end. undecided
you deh beg Oyibo for friendship?..... Make Nigerians nede belittle themselves jaree

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by DenreleDave(m): 6:59am On Jul 05, 2021
Eyah
Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by superlanny(m): 6:59am On Jul 05, 2021
So sad, what could really have happened, wahala dey o, Chai
Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by CountVersailles(f): 7:00am On Jul 05, 2021
MITCHELL96:
You too why do you want to be friends with a whiteman. Yusuf, Aliu, and Uche are there in LAgos with no friends. NA facebook you dey go look for whiteman to be friends with. Why he no go block you

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by dan761(m): 7:00am On Jul 05, 2021
Abascoh:
The long arms of village people should never be underestimated. Distance is not a barrier
This might not bee the reason , everything shouldn't be Spiritual .

Are you Suffering from Staphylococcus aureus symptoms ? Do Check Below.

1 Like

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by CountVersailles(f): 7:00am On Jul 05, 2021
nazicartel:
you deh beg Oyibo for friendship?..... Make Nigerians nede belittle themselves jaree
I tire o!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by juman(m): 7:01am On Jul 05, 2021
Sad news.
Maybe the guy had mental issue.
Why hurting a child like that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by realstars: 7:01am On Jul 05, 2021
We Move

1 Like

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by omoadeleye(m): 7:01am On Jul 05, 2021
All these drug boys are ending up as a menace in abroad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:01am On Jul 05, 2021
Village people followed this one to oversees

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by GIANTPLUSHUB: 7:01am On Jul 05, 2021
Mheen
Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by JJRainbow(m): 7:02am On Jul 05, 2021
His Village people has finally remember him

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odichukumma Igweani Shot Dead After Killing Neighbor & Holding Toddler Hostage by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 05, 2021
If this guy was born and bred in the UK
let them label him British.
That is what they do to the popular successful Nigerians born there.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Poland Vs Senegal: World Cup,(1 - 2) On 19th June 2018 / Nigerians React To Super Eagles 0 - 2 Defeat By South Africa. See Funny Tweets / Mikel Obi And Olga Diyachenko In Romantic Pose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.