Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

[BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos (1831 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Secretary Blinken In Lagos / Sanwo-Olu Receives UFC Welterweight Champion, Kamaru Usman In Lagos / Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by nitoriolohun(m): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has started receiving 16 of his colleagues from Southern Nigeria, The PUNCH has learnt.

The governor arrived at Alausa, Ikeja, the venue of their meeting on the state of the nation.

The meeting is holding eight weeks after the governors met in Asaba, the Delta State capital, on May 11, 2021. At the meeting, the governors would further assess decisions taken in Asaba on the open grazing ban, restructuring, fiscal federalism and the call for state police.

Some of the early birds at the meeting include Oluwarotimi Akeredolu (Ondo), Nyesom Wike (Rivers), Adegboyega Oyetola (Osun), Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu), and Godwin Obaseki (Edo) represented by his deputy, Philip Shaibu.

Others are Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia), Emmanuel Udom (Akwa Ibom), Diri Duoye (Bayelsa), Willie Obiano (Anambra), Ben Ayade (Cross Rivers), Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta), David Umahi (Ebonyi), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Hope Uzodimma (Imo), Dapo Abiodun (Ogun), and Oluwaseyi Makinde (Oyo).

Recall that the governors in a communiqué issued at the end of the meeting in Asaba, banned open grazing as part of moves to address killings and kidnapping by herdsmen.

But a few days after the meeting, the Presidency faulted the ban on open grazing. The Presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, had, in a statement, said, “It is equally true that their (governors’) announcement is of questionable legality, given the constitutional right of all Nigerians to enjoy the same rights and freedoms within every one of our 36 states (and FCT), regardless of the state of their birth or residence.”

Also, the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, slammed the southern governors for banning open grazing.

According to the AGF, open grazing ban is the same thing as Northern governors banning spare parts trading in their own region, considering the fact that southerners comprise a majority of spare parts traders in the North.

The President, during a recorded television interview in June, also backed Malami’s position, adding that he had directed that grazing routes be recovered.

Details later…

https://punchng.com/breaking-open-grazing-ban-sanwo-olu-receives-16-southern-governors-in-lagos/?amp

Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Harrymig1(m): 12:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
I’m loving the unity

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Fasindo: 12:03pm On Jul 05, 2021
shocked

Nice one from southern governors.

Anybody closed to Buhari, Malami, Garba Shehu and Garba Adamu should please make sure that their BP doesn't arise today cos it may lead to their sudden death.

Open grazing still remain ban in any southern State of the federation, any animal seen moving in the bush or neighborhood had no owner and will be caught and killed.

2 Likes

Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2021
Harrymig1:
I’m loving the unity

Governors having meeting is now definition of unity.

I doubt if you guys shouting unity really understands the basic definition of the word unity.

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Joromi1: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
I don't trust this meeting. There will definitely be a saboteur in their midst.
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Ddmase: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2021
Courtesy of Fulani Herdsmen

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo or Company Letterhead for your Business for 2k Only

MY Contact Here
https://www.nairaland.com/ddmase
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Tinubuadvocate: 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2021
Southern governors are really working assiduously to make sure Tinubu emerge next Nigeria president.

The incoming president of federal republic of Nigeria president Adekunle Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCON welcome you to Centre of Excellence.

1 Like

Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by November1857(m): 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Southern governors are really working assiduously to make sure Tinubu emerge next Nigeria president.

The incoming president of federal republic of Nigeria president Adekunle Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCON welcome you to Centre of Excellence.
Does Tinubu even know you exist
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Tinubuadvocate: 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
grin
November1857:
Does Tinubu even know you exist
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Ezewuzie01: 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2021
By this time next year,Prof Chukwuma Soludo will be a member of this elite group of leaders.
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by liketerm: 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2021
Southern unity indeed. The south is a conquered region and everything in it. It is better you all pack and leave Nigeria for Us, our spoils of War.So if you all like, let the whole south unite, it is still a conquered region and a conquered region it will be till we say otherwise.
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by leofab(f): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2021
Unity in diversity
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by heniford2: 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2021
Noise makers nothing good will come out of the meeting all na noise grin if you know you go just pity them toothless governors
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Gbagura: 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
liketerm:
Southern unity indeed. The south is a conquered region and everything in it. It is better you all pack and leave Nigeria for Us, our spoils of War.So if you all like, let the whole south unite, it is still a conquered region and a conquered region it will be till we say otherwise.
Almajiri, we conquered you economically already grin cheesy
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Sirchef: 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
I hope it produces something meaningful. All rubber stamp
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by liketerm: 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2021
Gbagura:
Almajiri, we conquered you economically already grin cheesy
And we keep on enyoying your wealth and shove it on your faces.You do the work, we do the spending. Who's now conquered, you or us gringrin
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Gbagura: 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2021
liketerm:

And we keep on enyoying your wealth and shove it on your faces.You do the work, we do the spending. Who's now conquered, you or us gringrin
As long as your youths keep shining our shoes and opening our gates, there's nothing you gonna say that would tickle me.
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by reiddecuti: 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2021
It's time to begin to answer the Northern folks in the language they UNDERSTAND.
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by liketerm: 1:13pm On Jul 05, 2021
Gbagura:
As long as your youths keep shining our shoes and opening our gates, there's nothing you gonna say that would tickle me.
As long as your youth scam each other, run baby factory with your women, Prostitution, Harvest each other organs, Disgrace yourself abroad, Rob each other, join cult to wreak havoc on yourself and all other evil act you people are known for, there's nothing you gonna say that would tickle me.gringringrin
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by OKPANAMboy: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Governors having meeting is now definition of unity.

I doubt if you guys shouting unity really understands the basic definition of the word unity.

Low budget Julius Malema.

Always in a rush to type gibberish.
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by ItsTutsi(m): 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2021
grin cheesy grin cheesy
liketerm:

As long as your youth scam each other, run baby factory with your women, Prostitution, Harvest each other organs, Disgrace yourself abroad, Rob each other, join cult to rake avoc on yourself and all other evil act you people are known for, there's nothing you gonna say that would tickle me.gringringrin

Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Gbagura: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
liketerm:

As long as your youth scam each other, run baby factory with your women, Prostitution, Harvest each other organs, Disgrace yourself abroad, Rob each other, join cult to rake avoc on yourself and all other evil act you people are known for, there's nothing you gonna say that would tickle me.gringringrin
See what quota system has caused. grin

Almajiri, it's called 'wreak havoc'. See the people I'm sharing same landspace with.
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by liketerm: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2021
Gbagura:

Almajiri, it's called 'wreak havoc'. See the people I'm sharing same landspace with.
Yawn
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by liketerm: 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2021
Gbagura:

Aburo, it's called 'wreak havoc'. See the people I'm sharing same landspace with.
Even at that, we still get the lion share in Nigeria while you and your brethren are given crumbs to share, is God not wonderful??, how can the quota system people be controlling Nigeria, food for thought Aburo
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by sammyj: 3:38pm On Jul 05, 2021
This will send shivers through the spines of the Northern leaders, Malami and Buhari !!!
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by SILVERLINES: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2021
Ok

Not to host meetings upon meetings, it's to implement the outcome without the fear of their Fulani masters up north
Re: [BREAKING] Open Grazing Ban: Sanwo-olu Receives 16 Southern Governors In Lagos by Ramon92: 8:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
nitoriolohun:
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has started receiving 16 of his colleagues from Southern Nigeria, The PUNCH has learnt.

The governor arrived at Alausa, Ikeja, the venue of their meeting on the state of the nation.

The meeting is holding eight weeks after the governors met in Asaba, the Delta State capital, on May 11, 2021. At the meeting, the governors would further assess decisions taken in Asaba on the open grazing ban, restructuring, fiscal federalism and the call for state police.

Some of the early birds at the meeting include Oluwarotimi Akeredolu (Ondo), Nyesom Wike (Rivers), Adegboyega Oyetola (Osun), Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu), and Godwin Obaseki (Edo) represented by his deputy, Philip Shaibu.

Others are Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia), Emmanuel Udom (Akwa Ibom), Diri Duoye (Bayelsa), Willie Obiano (Anambra), Ben Ayade (Cross Rivers), Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta), David Umahi (Ebonyi), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Hope Uzodimma (Imo), Dapo Abiodun (Ogun), and Oluwaseyi Makinde (Oyo).

Recall that the governors in a communiqué issued at the end of the meeting in Asaba, banned open grazing as part of moves to address killings and kidnapping by herdsmen.

But a few days after the meeting, the Presidency faulted the ban on open grazing. The Presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, had, in a statement, said, “It is equally true that their (governors’) announcement is of questionable legality, given the constitutional right of all Nigerians to enjoy the same rights and freedoms within every one of our 36 states (and FCT), regardless of the state of their birth or residence.”

Also, the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, SAN, slammed the southern governors for banning open grazing.

According to the AGF, open grazing ban is the same thing as Northern governors banning spare parts trading in their own region, considering the fact that southerners comprise a majority of spare parts traders in the North.

The President, during a recorded television interview in June, also backed Malami’s position, adding that he had directed that grazing routes be recovered.

Details later…

https://punchng.com/breaking-open-grazing-ban-sanwo-olu-receives-16-southern-governors-in-lagos/?amp
Stop posting crap around. This is your detail:

Kareem Abiola
Polaris Bank
Acct no 6010862260

I sent you money in exchange for Webmoney which I advertised on a thread and you quoted me.
You blocked me after payment and went ahead to withdraw the money as per your bank records.

This man is a scammer and the forum should beware.

(1) (Reply)

Lawmaker Flares Up As Youths From His Constituency Rejects His Second Term Move / Untold Story of What Transpired Between EFCC and Obi Cubana / Compare The Two And Tell Me Why You At Not A Fool For Supporting Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.