Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,721 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

You Need Only This One Thing To Quit Smoking.. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / You Need Only This One Thing To Quit Smoking.. (380 Views)

Highest Smoking Countries In Africa (Top 10 List) / Genotype: The First Thing To Ask If A Guy Seeks To Have A Relationship With You / One Thing I Did To Clear My Severe Pimples( Pics& Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Need Only This One Thing To Quit Smoking.. by Ever8090: 7:08am On Jul 06, 2021
Nicotine is one of the most terrible addictive substance you can ever think of,.many people today who are struggling to quit the intake of nicotine into their body are finding it difficult because they are yet to find "A WHY".
Many have tried the use of nicotine replacement therapy and other nicotine craving enhancement gadgets such as electronic cigarette to no avail.
This is not because those materials are not effective, in as much as it depends on body system of individual righter to resist or adapt to compacting remedies, you also need mental support to get the best result.

I was a chain-smoker, smoked for close to 20 years and I can assure you, there is absolutely nothing to benefit from smoking.
Those assumed benefit of smoking, like some people claim it eases tension, calm the nerves and help you relax, this are conditions that comes with addiction they are not natural.
You weren't born that way. Your body system was not created that way, it is a system you adapt and store in your brain.
Those who do not smoke gets over stress, calm their nerves and ease tensions without nicotine because, nicotine has formed as part of their system like yours.

The disadvantages of smoking are tremendous and disastrous.
Like myself, I use to think it's just about inhaling and throwing out smoke from cigarette.
I never thought of the mental and financial implications, thought it does not cost much to affect my finances, never knew it was the center of my life, the centers of my decisions, my life was built around nicotine so much that, it was part of every decision I make.
That was mine own case anyway, others might not gone dip into it to that extent but I bet you, it is still affecting you in amounts you overlook untill you quit, you will not accept the extent of damage in your life.

The most effective way to quit smoking is to first realise it's insignificance and to develop chronic hatred for the habit, this is the first step you need to take.
Compare yourself to people around you who don't smoke, look at their social life, think of the times you need to withdraw from friends or family members to smoke and the effort you put in to clear the odour on your body and your mouth before joining back your group of friends or family members after smoking.
You need all this the negative reasons to help the process.

All you need is to find the "WHY"..

1 Like

Re: You Need Only This One Thing To Quit Smoking.. by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 02, 2021
Yes.
Find the WHYs and have a strong contempt for them.
Take this instance: I try not to tell tales or gossip about people and I try not to say bad against someone. Bit why?
It happened in the days of popular social networking platform that drove people crazy back then.
I was a friend of my neighbors who were siblings. One day, I told one sibling that the other had exchanged airtime in return for something nasty. After that I asked myself why I betrayed someone's trust.
Unknown to me, that was when I took an unconscious resolution to be confidential and honour people's trust and information. Till now I don't know when it started, but I still try to desist from speaking bad against someone or telling others the undesirable thing I've witnessed about another.

(1) (Reply)

Butt Implants : What Are The Pros And Cons Of Having Butt Implants - Liposuction / 101 Must Know For All Ulcer Patients / COVID: New 'deltacron' Coronavirus Variant Discovered In Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.