Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? (852 Views)

Have Any SARS Officers Actually Been Arrested? If Not Why Not?? / Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore / Nigerian Police Force Clears The Air On The Offa Robbery Saga With Sen. Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Trailblazer1(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2021
The question should maybe have been Why do Nigerian Police officers lack empathy for the Masses?

The Nigerian Police officers often behave as if they are not members of the society or immuned from the challenges of the society.

At the mention of the word protest, they immediately start to threaten fire and brimstone with maximum show of force. I begin to wonder if they are even Nigerians in the first place.

Do they also buy fuel at #165 ?
Are they immuned to kidnappers ?
Are they immuned to insecurity ?
Do they have a special market where they buy food stuffs at cheaper prices ?
Do members of their families suffer unemployment?
Is the current state of Nigeria an Eldorado to them?

Why are they overzealously loyal to their superiors or the government against the society of which they are part of ?

At the sight of every protest, we keep seeing a brutal show of force from the members of the Nigerian Police force. They keep telling the protesters " I'll shoot you" "I'll kill you''
For protesting for a better nation that will benefit you ?

Is there no conscientious and intelligent person among the Nigerian Police force that will call his colleagues to order ?

Is there no officer that is loyal to the masses amongst them to call them to order?

Are they so blinded by the bribes and extortions of the masses that they now feel no empathy for the masses?

These and many more questions have been left unanswered.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by sweetshisha: 8:34am On Jul 06, 2021
cool

They are on strict orders they must comply to, failure to comply to orders simply means Insubordination or mutiny which carries dismissal and jail term

For example, if a commanding superior officer gives you a direct order with an arrest warrant to arrest your own father, you salute and say Sir Yes Sir and you Obey the last command

If you get to your father's house with a supporting officer to make the arrest, and your father resisted the arrest using violence, you are to use appropriate force to subdue him, failure to do so, you would be charged to court for aiding and albeiting a criminal

Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Promzy99: 8:44am On Jul 06, 2021
sweetshisha:
cool

They are on strict orders they must comply to, failure to comply to orders simply means Insubordination or mutiny which carries dismissal and jail term

For example, if a commanding superior officer gives you a direct order with an arrest warrant to arrest your own father, you salute and say Sir Yes Sir and you Obey the last command
I was thinking d same too, when I read a report on Sunday Igboho's resident invasion by d DSS. A witness said from d report dat d men who invaded d house were all speaking FRENCH Language. 4rm dat moment I started feeling sometin is nt right.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by donbachi(m): 8:54am On Jul 06, 2021
E reach to ask.
Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Freestainworld(m): 9:02am On Jul 06, 2021
Nigeria military and paramilitary are like cultists, they must obey their masters no matter the situation.
Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Swagahyk(m): 9:23am On Jul 06, 2021
The Government is made up of individuals from all parts of the country, thus a representation of average Nigerian. Also the Police and every other parastatal in the country. Our hearts are bitter towards one another. Anyone in the position of authority will want to intimidate his/her subordinates.
Our bad governance and corruption is from grassroot.
The Police are happily oppressing the citizens, its fun to them.
Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Ahmeduana(m): 10:03am On Jul 06, 2021
Nigerian police are products of colonialism, they were not esthablish to be friendly or just to Nigerian society, the colonial masters esthablish them has instrument of oppressing of the then Nigeria regions, but so painful up till now they've not drop that garb of zombie-ism
Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Trailblazer1(m): 10:18am On Jul 06, 2021
sweetshisha:
cool

If you get to your father's house with a supporting officer to make the arrest, and your father resisted the arrest using violence, you are to use appropriate force to subdue him, failure to do so, you would be charged to court for aiding and albeiting a criminal

"I will just waste you"

"I will kill you and nothing will happen"

" I will shoot you"

Are all these statements part of the order they are following ?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Trailblazer1(m): 10:20am On Jul 06, 2021
Swagahyk:
The Government is made up of individuals from all parts of the country, thus a representation of average Nigerian. Also the Police and every other parastatal in the country. Our hearts are bitter towards one another. Anyone in the position of authority will want to intimidate his/her subordinates.
Our bad governance and corruption is from grassroot.
The Police are happily oppressing the citizens, its fun to them.

@ the bolded.

The police are happily oppressing the citizens fighting for the common good of the society of which will also benefit the police officers too, yet it is fun to them.

What an absurdity

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by sweetshisha: 10:25am On Jul 06, 2021
Trailblazer1:

"I will just waste you"

"I will kill you and nothing will happen"

" I will shoot you"

Are all these statements part of the order they are following ?

Why do you think the federal government of Nigeria assigned a deadly assault rifle like AK47 to each police officer, with a semi automatic service pistol

To shoot
To kill
And
To waste dangerous CRIMINALS

Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Trailblazer1(m): 10:25am On Jul 06, 2021
Ahmeduana:
Nigerian police are products of colonialism, they were not esthablish to be friendly or just to Nigerian society, the colonial masters esthablish them has instrument of oppressing of the then Nigeria regions, but so painful up till now they've not drop that garb of zombie-ism

As soon as Nigerians are given a uniform with a gun, they become terrorists.

The police that should fight for the masses are now fighting against the masses.

Just as hoodlums are be given peanuts to disrupt protests, Nigerian Police will do worse just because they want to obey an order that is anti-people.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Trailblazer1(m): 10:26am On Jul 06, 2021
sweetshisha:

Why do you think the federal government of Nigeria assigned a deadly assault rifle like AK47 to each police officer, with a semi automatic service pistol

To shoot
To kill
And

How did protesters become dangerous criminals ?

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by sweetshisha: 10:28am On Jul 06, 2021
Trailblazer1:

How did protesters become dangerous criminals ?

Tear gas canisters are used to disperse protesters or water canon, but as soon as dangerous hoodlums approach to takeover use of lethal force is applicable to such hoodlums
Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Trailblazer1(m): 11:29am On Jul 06, 2021
sweetshisha:

Tear gas canisters are used to disperse protesters or water canon, but as soon as dangerous hoodlums approach to takeover use of lethal force is applicable to such hoodlums

Quit playing the devil's advocate by cherry picking and twisting my question.

What goes around, surely comes around.
Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by sweetshisha: 11:48am On Jul 06, 2021
Trailblazer1:

Quit playing the devil's advocate by cherry picking and twisting my question.

What goes around, surely comes around.

Many of you don't know how difficult it is controlling Nigerians, or trying to maintain law and order

Go and see what ordinary youth corpers go through in the hands of public school notorious kids

If giving the so called police uniform and tasked to maintain law and order or get queries and punishment, you might even apply more force

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Trailblazer1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2021
sweetshisha:

Many of you don't know how difficult it is controlling Nigerians, or trying to maintain law and order

Go and see what ordinary youth corpers go through in the hands of public school notorious kids

If giving the so called police uniform and tasked to maintain law and order or get queries and punishment, you might even apply more force

Are Nigerians a different specie of humans that require brute force in order to put under control?
Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by LLiKYekoba: 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2021
sweetshisha:

To shoot
To kill
And

And peaceful protesters.
Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Monogamy: 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2021
That's a very sincere question actually..
Re: Are Nigerian Police Officers Actually Nigerians ? by Trailblazer1(m): 6:07pm On Jul 06, 2021
@Lalasticlala

Your attention is required here

(1) (Reply)

Massive Invasion Of Nairaland By DSS Propaganda Operatives / Obasanjo Reacts To Comments Made By Nigeria Government About Sunday Igboho's Cas / Kebbi Senator's 36-year-old Son, Captain Abdulkarim Killed In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.