Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

How Did You Score High In Your GRE? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You Score High In Your GRE? (309 Views)

Would You Score Your Students 39 And 69 Or Would You Add 1 To The Score? / 5 Reasons Candidates May Not Score High In 2018 UTME / 10 Tips To Score High In 2018 JAMB UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Score High In Your GRE? by Lannister360: 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2021
Hello my fellow nairalanders, I've been preparing for this GRE exam and it just seem so overwhelming.

Most times I pause and ask myself how do people actually get a score of 320 in their GRE.

The most challenging part for me is the verbal section, it is filled with tons of vocabularies, many complex words that makes it difficult to understand a simple sentence after that they flood the answer options with another set of uncommon and complex vocabularies.

It's very frustrating.

I tried something some time ago, I kept a dictionary close by and took a GRE test simulation on the verbal section and checked every unfamiliar word I saw during the test, the result I got was outstanding, I got 18 questions correct out of 20.
This show that the major problem with the GRE verbal section is that it is flooded with complex and unfamiliar vocabularies.

I got advice from some people that in other to do well in the GRE verbal section, I have to learn at least 1000, new words.

Where do I start from?
So far I've struggled to learn just 30 words and I don't know how to get to 1000.

Is this the only way?

So I ask this question to those that has aced the GRE general test in the past
HOW DID YOU DO IT?
DID YOU LEARN UP TO 1000 JUST TO PASS TYE VERBAL SECTION? IF NOT THEN HOW DID YOU DO IT.
Re: How Did You Score High In Your GRE? by jesikajoseph12: 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2021
With the help of the Block websites feature a user can block several websites within the network using the URL filtering method. You can add as much like a URL in the URL address field to block the numerous websites within the network. It is also used as an efficient method of keeping your children away from adult and malicious websites. You simply have to type the name of the websites that you want to block then click on the Apply button and the websites you mentioned will get immediately blocked from the setup.ampedwireless.com network.
Re: How Did You Score High In Your GRE? by jesikajoseph12: 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2021
A user can recover the login password of the Dlink router through the web interface of dlinkrouter.local window. To recover the forgotten admin password, a user has to make sure he has already enabled the password recovery option of its Dlink router. During the recovery process, you have to answer the security questions that he assigned while enabling the password recovery feature of the Dlink router. A user who is unable to answer the security question won’t be able to recover his login password from the Dlink router login window.
Re: How Did You Score High In Your GRE? by Lannister360: 11:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
ojaysteve:
Words are nice but u need to know contextual meanings and usage of words. So don't just cram words but actually know how to use it. Ready complex passages and try to check up unfamiliar words. My highest score in GRE verbal is 165 so clearly i know a tin or two about passing it. Goodluck.
Hit me up for any help u need.
How many words did you learn?

(1) (Reply)

2021 Neco Chemistry Questions And Answers, Chemistry Obj And Essay Answers / Public Universities In Cameroun Paying Low Tuition Fee For Nigerians / Here Are Some Student Job Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.