Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? (29825 Views)

Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government / Enugu Government Bans Unauthorised Use Of Vehicles With Tinted Glasses / Permit Ban: Cars With Factory-Fitted Tinted Glasses Exempted - IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by nurey(m): 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2021
SolarEdge:
I was intercepted by the men in Black this morning opposite abesan estate gate, few meters away to AP filling station. The officer stopped me and requested i opened my boot, I did and came out to open for him...he further requested for my driver's license and car documents, I presented to him. He requested for my tint permit I presented to him...he was dumbfounded. He said ehhnn where's your medical report for the tint permit..I was like I don't understand. Boom! Oga asked his boy to take me to station. They were done for the day..all the police men followed me to area P command few meters away from the round about.
They asked me to park at the back inside the command, and took me to one office..I was even trying to see if like 2k can allow me go because I was in a hurry before taking me to the station, but the officer did not want to hear my plea.

On getting to the station, they gave me a form to fill and instructed I write a statement that I am medically fit and I did not have a medical report yet I have a tint permit. I said no I won't write any report, they seized my car key at this point.
So I was thinking, I needed to go pick my daughter from school at 12:30pm..why all this delay. So I put a call through to a top commissioner in Abuja because I was helpless at this point..and I explained my ordeal that the only documents out of my possession is my medical report and he asked me to give the phone to any officer at sight...which I did and immediately he introduced himself the officer stood up..took the phone to the boss and he also stood and boom my car documents and key was handed to me.. I checked to be sure the documents was complete.

This happened few minutes ago, even when I have this contact to call I was still willing to part with at least 2k but they won't want to listen to me..this is my experience.

PS: my car tint is not factory fitted.

There is no medical report for factory tint but non factory tint needs medical report.

The day I drove from Lagos to benin without tint permit on a factory tint dat, I hear wen. Every checkpoint extorted me, I paid about 2k in total with plenty abeg, I was allowed only because I had family in the car.

Since I did the permit nobody has asked me for medical report they just scrutinize the tint and let me go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by KaceeDcontrol(m): 1:29pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hello guys, I have found this thread very useful. Obviously, I came here because of numerous stops by the police due to the tinted glass matter. I had a tint permit, but that still did not stop them from obtaining me because of lack of medical report.
So I have decided to remove the tint. My question now is, does removing the tint on the 4 doors suffice or should I also remove the tint on the back windscreen? Some people have assured me that I don't need to remove that as long as the tint on the doors have been removed.
What do you think guys?

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by ospreywin(m): 6:48am On Jan 02, 2022
KaceeDcontrol:
Hello guys, I have found this thread very useful. Obviously, I came here because of numerous stops by the police due to the tinted glass matter. I had a tint permit, but that still did not stop them from obtaining me because of lack of medical report.
So I have decided to remove the tint. My question now is, does removing the tint on the 4 doors suffice or should I also remove the tint on the back windscreen? Some people have assured me that I don't need to remove that as long as the tint on the doors have been removed.
What do you think guys?

The 4 doors suffice

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by akefemi: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2022
ospreywin:

The 4 doors suffice
What if it's a factory tint? Will I need a medical permit since they don't issue tinted permit again.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by ospreywin(m): 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
akefemi:

What if it's a factory tint? Will I need a medical permit since they don't issue tinted permit again.
Yes, as a cover note.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by akefemi: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
ospreywin:

Yes, as a cover note.
Thanks
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by gmacnoms(m): 9:56pm On May 07, 2022
ospreywin:

Yes, as a cover note.
I thought they've asked them to stop asking for tint permits, since npf isn't issuing currently

1 Like

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by cdoffx(m): 7:14am On Jun 15, 2022
KaceeDcontrol:
What do you think guys?
They still drag wahala with me cos of the rear windshield.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by AlphaTaikun: 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Tint permit is tied to an individual and a car reg at the same time tied to a user. It is not transferable technically unless, the seller leaves the plates then you can always present the tint permit issued in the former owners name.

Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by AlphaTaikun: 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
SolarEdge:
I was intercepted by the men in Black this morning opposite abesan estate gate, few meters away to AP filling station. The officer stopped me and requested i opened my boot, I did and came out to open for him...he further requested for my driver's license and car documents, I presented to him. He requested for my tint permit I presented to him...he was dumbfounded. He said ehhnn where's your medical report for the tint permit..I was like I don't understand. Boom! Oga asked his boy to take me to station. They were done for the day..all the police men followed me to area P command few meters away from the round about.
They asked me to park at the back inside the command, and took me to one office..I was even trying to see if like 2k can allow me go because I was in a hurry before taking me to the station, but the officer did not want to hear my plea.

On getting to the station, they gave me a form to fill and instructed I write a statement that I am medically fit and I did not have a medical report yet I have a tint permit. I said no I won't write any report, they seized my car key at this point.
So I was thinking, I needed to go pick my daughter from school at 12:30pm..why all this delay. So I put a call through to a top commissioner in Abuja because I was helpless at this point..and I explained my ordeal that the only documents out of my possession is my medical report and he asked me to give the phone to any officer at sight...which I did and immediately he introduced himself the officer stood up..took the phone to the boss and he also stood and boom my car documents and key was handed to me.. I checked to be sure the documents was complete.

This happened few minutes ago, even when I have this contact to call I was still willing to part with at least 2k but they won't want to listen to me..this is my experience.

PS: my car tint is not factory fitted.
Deep insights.
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by AlphaTaikun: 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
nurey:

There is no medical report for factory tint but non factory tint needs medical report.

The day I drove from Lagos to benin without tint permit on a factory tint dat, I hear wen. Every checkpoint extorted me, I paid about 2k in total with plenty abeg, I was allowed only because I had family in the car.

Since I did the permit nobody has asked me for medical report they just scrutinize the tint and let me go
Re: How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? by AlphaTaikun: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2022
ospreywin:

Yes, as a cover note.
Medical report as a cover note.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Chevrolet Volt Designed By Jelani Aliyu, The New DG Of NADDC / Man Caught 'Driving Without A Steering Wheel' / Cars Floating Down A River In New Jersey (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.