Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,937 members, 7,803,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated (72390 Views)

Martine Moïse: Oligarchs Killed My Husband, But I Will Run For President / Haitian President Jovenel Moise Burial: Gunfire Breaks Out At Funeral (Photos) / Moïse: 2 Americans, Others Arrested For The Assassination Of Haiti's President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by naptu2: 11:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Haitian President Jovenel Moïse Reportedly Assassinated at His Home

There were mass protests this year in a bitter dispute over Moïse’s legitimacy.

Jamie Ross
News Correspondent
Updated Jul. 07, 2021 6:12AM ET / Published Jul. 07, 2021 6:03AM ET

The president of Haiti, Jovenel Moïse, has been assassinated at his private residence, according to local reports.

A statement from Haiti’s interim prime minister, Claude Joseph, said the deadly attack took place in the early hours of Wednesday morning. “A group of individuals who have not been identified, some of whom were speaking Spanish, attacked the private residence of the President of the Republic and fatally injured the Head of State,” the PM wrote.

Joseph said the first lady was also shot, but has survived the attack.

More to follow...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jovenel-moise-reportedly-assassinated-at-his-home

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by DoggoneDogg: 11:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Another shithole.

What do you expect from a country of former slaves?
Hope it wasn't that terrorist Igboho that did it

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Thewrath(m): 11:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Just negodu....and one country in west Africa is there o.

443 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Hardgun: 11:16am On Jul 07, 2021
Toor

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Massiveglory: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2021
Quite unfortunate that the number one citizen is taken out just like that.
Leaders should also have a listening ear and bow out when the citizen do no longer want them.
Haiti has had uprising upon uprising since last year. So many lives have been wasted while protesting against the president. He should have stepped down with all that .

250 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by benuejosh: 11:21am On Jul 07, 2021
This is Very bad. Children of hate will wish it was Buhari. But I bring bad news to you. Buhari won't go anywhere till 2023. It is constitutiona. He will retire after his years in power are over and then go straight to his Katsina home to spend quality time on his farm.

71 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Tokskob2008: 11:21am On Jul 07, 2021
What were his securities doing

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by AgentGoat: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
Just like that?

1 Like

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Dailymice: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Kingpele(m): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
Haba, this president lose guard .he should have avoided his private home ,atleast till the end of his tenure ....knowing that most of the citizenry are protesting against him or he could have resigned.. but again seeing that he is a blackman ,I know that resigning is not likely..

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by kipwit: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by naptu2: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
Wyclef Jean @wyclef

Just received the news the Haitian president of Haiti has been assassinated

https://mobile.twitter.com/wyclef/status/1412711488075218944

3 Likes

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Seniorwriter(m): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
Just wow
...some persons been hoping it happened to Buhari....Lolz.
Apili:
How wish it was bubu Nigerians for dey rejoice by now
JustFour4:
Who will assassinate the useless Mannequin
PhenomenalAustin:
It should have been my président ! cry
Plut01:

In far away Haiti?......Too bad

But, but, but God wheeeeen!!!! embarassed embarassed

@Comments...SMH & LMAO.

Deep Quote:
Life is transient so try be in the good books.

@Seniorwriter

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by NwaAmaikpe: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
shocked

They'd expect you to die for them just because you love them.

But see, the First Lady refused to die after being shot the same way her husband was shot.

You see why I always say 'fear women'?

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by crossfm: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
What a sad news.

Born to rule mentality must have caused such barbaric act.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by bioemmy: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
When the people are tired of your leadership, best thing is to leave honorably. But No, some won't leave.

Only if we can reciporcate such in many African countries with charity beginning from home.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Jackson105: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
Some people praying for this to be Buhari portion now grin cheesy

40 Likes

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by 9jaRealist: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Another shithole.

What do you expect from a country of former slaves?

Sounds like you have a low self-esteem with self-hating inferiority complex…smh
>

20 Likes

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by dynicks(m): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
This one really reach to yell " DAMN NIGGAAAAR"!!..DORIME!!

16 Likes

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Nastydroid(m): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
Definitely an internal job

5 Likes

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by BennyDGreat: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2021
Wow. A whole president!

1 Like

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Mayng01(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2021
I want those group of individuals to visit aso rock, I won confirm something

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by tasceige(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2021
What? A sitting president? Wow!! This is huge!!

You all know my mind,.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by EyezofGod120: 11:24am On Jul 07, 2021
grin when this thing go happen to n!geria presidiot na

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by meobizy(f): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2021
Lol. Like African countries. I guess this will guarantee the country smooth access into the AU.
Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Plut01: 11:24am On Jul 07, 2021

In far away Haiti?......Too bad

But, but, but God wheeeeen!!!! embarassed embarassed

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Bishop1monte(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2021
benuejosh:
This is Very bad. Children of hate will wish it was Buhari. But I bring bad news to you. Buhari won't go anywhere till 2023. It is constitutiona. He will retire after his years in power are over and then go straight to his Katsina home to spend quality time on his farm.

2023 is coming very soon, even when will know baba isn’t the one making orders

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by Ruggedniggaone: 11:24am On Jul 07, 2021
How i wish someone can help us in Nigeria too,I'm tired of this useless man in aso rock, his remaining 2 years seems like eternity

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jovenel Moïse, The President Of Haiti Assassinated by seunny4lif(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2021
Hmmm
For over 6months people have been protecting against his government and police have killed a lot of people, i think but MSM are not reporting it as he got the back up of USA government

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jubilation, Dejection Across America After Biden Declared Winner (In Pictures) / Joe Biden's Inauguration In Pictures / Uganda's Ugliest Man, Godfrey Baguma Welcomes 8th Child With His 2nd Wife (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.