Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,222 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Relocating To Gambia - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Gambia (48925 Views)

My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / Travelling To Gambia? Join Me / Man Deported To Gambia After 20 Years In US For Lack Of Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating To Gambia by NaijaGoBetter20: 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2021
Do you have friend(s) or relatives in Gambia?

Have you visited Gambia before?

Do you know what business to do in Gambia?

Do you know about their government policies on business establishment as a foreigner?

Answer these questions first

12 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Unik3030: 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
Chibueze775:
but someone with 700k naira can start a nice barber shop
sorry if u find this my question offensive

Can't u start a barbing saloon in Nigeria n b cool?

Considering the fact that u understand the terrain already n getting used to the system will b easy,even as expensive as Lagos is u will b cool with shop n house rent here.
My personal opinion though

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Uniswap: 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
Is it visa free
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Obynolee(f): 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
Chibueze775:
Pls naira landers I want to relocate to Gambia to start a biz, pls how do they treat nigerians over there? is the country good for business? Pls anybody who have been there should brief me. Thanks

Space booked,I am seriously planning to relocate also

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Gambia by raury65: 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
Gambia, the smallest country in west africa. Life there is very chill and supreme.

if you want to enjoy the beautiful scenery, then go to kololi beach, serrekunda..the night life there is awesome.

foreigners troop in from november all through march for holidays. Mot returnees are coming back to invest in the real estate sector, automobile sector, arts and craft, hospitality, etc.

I wish you the very best.

22 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Obynolee(f): 6:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
Uniswap:
Is it visa free

Yes
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2021
Gambia? shocked

Isn't that a French speaking west African country?
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Offpoint1: 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
For some one like me that just lost her job, what do u advise? I have only 200,000 naira to my name right now cry cry cry
Come let me teach you digital skills to help you stand up again.
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Clintonchiedzie(m): 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
Me thinking about relocating to gambia

13 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Cocolatti(m): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2021
TripleOh7:
Gambia? shocked

Its English speaking NOT French.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Gambia by DenreleDave(m): 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
For some one like me that just lost her job, what do u advise? I have only 200,000 naira to my name right now cry cry cry

Sorry about that

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Judolisco(m): 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
Be like say me go relocate go Senegal... Naija in d mud... Gambia of all places cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Judolisco(m): 6:46pm On Jul 08, 2021
TripleOh7:
Gambia? shocked

Senegal is French... Gambia na English speaking country

11 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by pat077: 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2021
Can someone travel to gambia from Nigeria by road?

2 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by OriakuAmara(f): 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2021
I have been to banjul their capital once, stayed 2months there,
It's a small(smaller than south east) country but they are organized .
Light didn't go off during my stay there and they are cool with Nigerians,
No jobs for an immigrant except you are coming to set up an sme .
Accomodation is costly but food is very cheap
They are cool people.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Relocating To Gambia by InfinixMine: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2021
1 Gambian dalasi equals
0.020 United States Dollar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Deji1510: 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:

They treat Nigerians well and the country is good for business as far as you have money to start a good business better than starting from scratch, a lot of Nigerians are doing well over there, I have been living there over a decade and I can boldly tell you it is better than countries like Turkey, SA, Dubai, most Nigerians in these countries I mentioned are just managing except you’re into Yahoo.

Fact

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Gambia by babyfaceafrica: 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2021
channelstravel:

I am not the OP but I will answer.

First of all, Nigeria is not safe. [/[b]b]Almost Nobody comes to Nigeria for vacations and stuff. You hardly see foreigners who come to spend money here.

Business in Nigeria is getting harder by the day. Especially small businesses. The waste management guys want to finish your money. Police are coming for security egunje, Vigilante people, Tax people etc
This isn't entirely true

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To Gambia by juman(m): 6:51pm On Jul 08, 2021
Why not do the barbing in nigeria.
We have bigger population.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Unik3030: 6:53pm On Jul 08, 2021
channelstravel:

I am not the OP but I will answer.

First of all, Nigeria is not safe. Almost Nobody comes to Nigeria for vacations and stuff. You hardly see foreigners who come to spend money here.

Business in Nigeria is getting harder by the day. Especially small businesses. The waste management guys want to finish your money. Police are coming for security egunje, Vigilante people, Tax people etc
I don't have that kinda mentality of Nigeria not being safe,can we say USA isn't safe too cos guns are everywhere too?

No matter how hard Nigeria is,it's still preferable to where u know virtually nothing about.i am not saying Nigeria is the best country to stay but do u know the policy as regards foreigners opening business there?

Do u know how the locals in the business treat foreigners?

Do u even know the best location,state to site your business?

With that capital,what gives him the assurance that he will do something better than those that have been on ground?

What u people don't understand about business is that once u get to a particular place u are snatching customers from people that have been there so u have to present something better than what they have to offer?

Has he even check the value of their money to ours?

See so many questions,I am not discouraging him but he should look b4 he leaps b4 jumping from frying pan to fire

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocating To Gambia by dimexy247(m): 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
Learning
Re: Relocating To Gambia by feelgoodstuffs(m): 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
Deji1510:

Fact

Yes bro, I have visited those countries i mentioned and I see the way our brothers are suffering in the name of being in the abroad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating To Gambia by dipsy588(m): 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
With a little advice. have lived in Gambia till 2015,Gambia is cool as long as you dont talk anyhow cos they have spies when yaya jammeh was the president. in terms of business very good. We have tons of naija guys in serekunda. I lived in Lamin and one other area which I cant remember. get a shop close to naija but make sure your stay is always up to date cos immigrations raid like anyhow. but when it comes to money my brother you would make money in any skillful way as long as it's not illegal cos spies plenty. Considering your business. what do you want go into? na question be that. I would advice you go there first and look for a teaching job which h is the easiest to get and from there start scanning to know what you can venture into because if you just go and start anything my brother you go hear am.

51 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Obynolee(f): 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
seunny4lif:
You know you need to setup your papers in order before you open a store in Gambia as a foreign.

What are the requirements for setting up a shop there as a foreigner please?.
Re: Relocating To Gambia by Amadi84: 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
How easy is it to get Gambian passport?

sliksusan:

gambia is good country and nice l have stay in gambia before year 2004 before left during that that am living in taliding gambia is great l will advice you to go there also l am use a gambia passport till today
Re: Relocating To Gambia by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
Chai imagine we are now immigrating to Gambia as in Ewu Gambia. It will not be well with all our leaders past and present

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Bar1941(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2021
Na waa oooo, may God help every struggling Nigerians, when even the small Gambia became an option all in the name of checking out for greener pastures, CAN'T WE SEE EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH NIGERIA? May God punish all our previous corrupt leaders and double the punishment for the current terrorist Buhari for failing this generation and generations yet unborn. May God bless your hustle my guy.

27 Likes

Re: Relocating To Gambia by Karlzy01(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08, 2021
[quote author=HRHQueenPhil post=103493950]For some one like me that just lost her job, what do u advise? I have only 200,000 naira to my name right now cry cry cry[/quote
Learn a high paying online skill and earning remotely from anywhere you are.
Affiliate marketing is one of the best.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To Gambia by SmartyPants(m): 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:

Business Registration, G.R.A (Gambia Revenue Authority), and taxes

At the start the most you will pay is 20 dollars. Tax is paid to GRA so they are not separate. Tax is 3% of annual turnover.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Relocating To Gambia by AuroraB(f): 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
juman:
Why not do the barbing in nigeria.
We have bigger population.
Why don't you let him follow his heart undecided

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Journey From Accra To Lagos By Road. / Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt / Flood Takes Over Okota Area In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.