Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana (27491 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Replies Femi Adesina, Blasts Buhari’s Government / Femi Fani-kayode Replies Femi Adesina On Buhari Earning The Rank ‘major General’ / APC Expels Omo-agege, Asks Police, DSS To Arrest Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by jesustheissue: 12:00pm On Jul 08, 2021
Some of the sections of law quoted mentioned coming along to effect such instructions of arrest with a proper SEARCH WARRANT. I do wonder whether such document was provided?
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by haslaw(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2021
If we were were to peg time for arrests, criminals and other wanted persons will be free to move about and comit more crimes during the window period.
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by southpole: 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2021
wunmi590:
lipsrsealed

Nigeria is a failed country, if theres anything to replace F9, it would have been better...

We miss the days of Gani faweheni who are real interpreters of the law and a great activist...

If femi falana die, alot of things would go wrong, because he has been the voice of the voiceless....

I wonder what our so called dollard lawyers and being taught in school and law school that they feel intimidated to speak up for the truth....

90% of all nigeria lawyers are dullard.....

The sections quoted is very clear, even me that's is an ordinary microbiologist understand the message than our half baked lawyer....

Arrest can be made anytime, but it must go through the court order with an arrest warrant...

God please take me and my family to a saner country biko
permit me to correct you a little. Not all arrest must go through a court or warrant. If a police man or any security officer who is just working around then sees somebody he doesn't know committing a crime let say killing someone. He doesn't need to obtain a warrant or goto court before searching and arresting that person moreso that he doesn't know the person and where he is lives.
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by techWriter2: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2021
Falana whatever you say is right when it comes to Rule and Nigeria s constitutional

1 Like

Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by Kagd10: 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
southpole:
permit me to correct you a little. Not all arrest must go through a court or warrant. If a police man or any security officer who is just working around then sees somebody he doesn't know committing a crime let say killing someone. He doesn't need to obtain a warrant or goto court before searching and arresting that person moreso that he doesn't know the person and where he is lives.

What crime has Igboho committed? Na ment?

1 Like

Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by membranus: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
aspabay:
You do not need to like or support this government to know FACT when it is placed before you.

Falana was totally wrong.

You can arrest at any time and anywhere.

But with a search warrant, and not with a premeditated intent to kill and destroy.

1 Like

Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by donnie(m): 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2021
They sneak in these satanic laws and clauses while legislators are asleep.

Matthew 13:25
But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by Xdesign79: 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2021
The cable is mad... Did DSS obtained search warrant from the court before bungling into sunday igbohos house....its nonsensical.
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by wunmi590(m): 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
southpole:

Thank you for the correction...

But not let divert from the main discuss...

According to the quoted laws, does searching Sunday igoho's residence warrant court and search warrant or not?
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by Xdesign79: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
southpole:
But in the case of sunday igboho search warrant is needed...didn't u read the post mr?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by SenatePresdo(m): 12:25pm On Jul 08, 2021
meccuno:
so are you senseless? undecided

I could choose to be, it can't be anybody's business. Good day..

1 Like

Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by 21sailor: 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
NwaEzefuNaMba:
We all know Baba Falz is being heavily influenced by old age and greed.
What he is saying is that if armed robber attack a bank at night that security operatives should not Repel their attack?

You fit s senior me bros, but try dey use that head wey dae ur neck na u get am

Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by izubext007: 12:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
[s]
SATANICALLY:
FACT CHECK: Is it illegal for security operatives to arrest suspects at night as claimed by Falana? | TheCable.

On July 5, Femi Falana, human rights lawyer, said there is no law that supports night raids on residences of citizens.

https://www.thecable.ng/fact-check-is-it-illegal-for-security-operatives-to-arrest-suspects-at-night-as-claimed-by-falana
[/s]
Men wey knw pass falana plenty joo
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by lexy2014: 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2021
Antoeni:
There is no specific time to arrest or kill a terrorist
So papa falz keep quiet

What makes Sunday igboho a terrorist?
So why have killer herdsmen and bandits not been arrested and killed?
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by lexy2014: 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2021
haslaw:
If we were were to peg time for arrests, criminals and other wanted persons will be free to move about and comit more crimes during the window period.

So y hasn't d same govt applied this ur theory in arresting bandits and killer herdsmen?
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by horladexino(m): 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2021
mu2sa2:
A criminal should be arrested. Igbowo and his accomplices are criminals and they must be arrested by any means possible at any time. All that is necessary is get the criminals behind bar. After that femi falana and Co. can dissipate their energy in futile arguments.
Kudos also to Buhari for the capture of another terrorist, Nnamdi Kanu.
God bless our dear native land of Nigeria and decimate her detractors.

And Bokoharam from north are saint
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by GreatrAnalyst: 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
Laws of hypocrisy.
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by meccuno: 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
SenatePresdo:

I could choose to be, it can't be anybody's business. Good day..

Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by kolmart: 1:24pm On Jul 08, 2021
Let's say the DSS can search any place at anytime what of the "search warrant to be issued by a court" did the terrorist DSS came with any? Or the law permitted them to just enter somebody private home to search? What are the useless "the cable news" are tried to insinuating? Are they backing illegality?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by maxipharo(m): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
NwaEzefuNaMba:
What he is saying is that if armed robber attack a bank at night that security operatives should not Repel their attack?

Use your number 6 na
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by Obamaofusa: 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
Asgard73:
When I say some tribe and ignorance Na 5&6..
Dem go attack .. abuse and curse .. truth hurts..

But truly even on nairaland ignorance abound.. people claiming empty sophistication ..and I too know.

God help the present generation.

Says an illiterate fulani terrorist.
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by Safyqueen: 2:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
MadamVanessa:
It's right for our darling daddy to sent armed men to Sunday Igboho house, they raid it as much as they want, they even killed too.

It's right for our darling daddy to kidnapped that Nnamdi Kanu who called him Jubril Alsudani just to teach him a lesson.

But if our darling daddy should used the same energy to fight bandits, raid herdsmen camp, fight bokoharam, it will be so wrong, because those ones are doing business but Nnamdi Kanu and Igboho are the real problem our darling country is facing.

My man, use your sense and be patriotic at least a bit. Go to those areas where bandits, Boko Haram, and other menaces are taking place in the north and see for yourself if maximum force are not deployed there. Also if killing of those bastards are not taking place by the army.
Anyway Buhari score low on some administrative fronts but some faults are not his. Some powerful mafians in this country are just too much, greedy and mercilessly dangerous toward the masses . If you know somethings, you will pity Buhari sometimes.

Anyway nobody ask him to stay put at the power house. If he cannot do the needful, let him resign but I pray we will not be in deeper trouble when hopefully another person of southern Nigeria extraction take over 2023.
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by Ray02: 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2021
Was a search warrant issued? The cable should conclude their fact check with that. Ire o

1 Like

Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by Kay25(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2021
Antoeni:
There is no specific time to arrest or kill a terrorist
So papa falz keep quiet
read the law very well under when a search warrant is given by a law court

1 Like

Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by rafcrown(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2021
COMMON IN JUNGLES AND .......
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by seyz91(m): 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2021
Shut up

Na nonsense you dey talk

It's you that don't read to comprehend
NwaEzefuNaMba:
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by haslaw(m): 2:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
lexy2014:

So y hasn't d same govt applied this ur theory in arresting bandits and killer herdsmen?

People like you are the problem of Nigeria. You sheild criminals just because they are same tribe as you.

Tompolo, Asari Dokubo, Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday Igboho are all bandits and kidnapers that should be arrested by the government.

Bandits and kidnapers are evil people irrespective of their religious and tribal affiliations
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by Gbogbowa: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2021
SATANICALLY:
FACT CHECK: Is it illegal for security operatives to arrest suspects at night as claimed by Falana? | TheCable.

On July 5, Femi Falana, human rights lawyer, said there is no law that supports night raids on residences of citizens.you got it wrong the constitution say criminal not citizen, I gboho is not a criminal

https://www.thecable.ng/fact-check-is-it-illegal-for-security-operatives-to-arrest-suspects-at-night-as-claimed-by-falana
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2021
nuruajao:

You a mumu man

I know
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by Tywo2018: 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
Dont worrythey will do the Re arrest in Daylight time since night is illegal.
Re: It Is Legal For DSS To Arrest Suspects At Night - The Cable Replies Femi Falana by TemmyT002(m): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
Oponu Cable, the question is that DO they have a warrant?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Targets North’s Bloc Votes, PDP Rules Out South West / North Will Determine Next President - Primate Ayodele / Oby Ezekwesili: Buhari Should Leave His Cows For Once

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.