Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? (418 Views)

How Can I Survive A Heartbreak? / Best way To Handle A Heartbreak. / 13 Signs Your Life Is Centred Around A Girl And It Promises A Heartbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Ugandatales: 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
Please don't laugh at me...I really am heartbroken, and the thing is I never thought I would fall in love. We were friends with benefits, and I have had many of those over the years, but I went and fell for this girl. The crazy part is, now she is with my friend, but she has cut me off.

Anyway, I have been drinking a lot just to forget her, but it is not easy. How long do you guys think it will take to get over a heartbreak?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Jashub: 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2021
Try and see a psychologist. They are in a better position to help you deal with such. And one last thing : cut down on the intake of alcohol because it won't change anything
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Ugandatales: 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2021
It's been two weeks...some times I will feel I am doing great, and then I will plunge deeper into depression.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Ugandatales: 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
Jashub:
Try and see a psychologist. They are in a better position to help you deal with such. And one last thing : cut down on the intake of alcohol because it won't change anything

Hmm...psychologist in this naija?

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Jashub: 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ugandatales:

Hmm...psychologist in this naija?
There alot of psychologist in Nigeria. Try and visit any local federal government hospital and you'll see them there.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Mrsoft3(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ugandatales:
Please don't laugh at me...I really am heartbroken, and the thing is I never thought I would fall in love. We were friends with benefits, and I have had many of those over the years, but I went and fell for this girl. The crazy part is, now she is with my friend, but she has cut me off.

Anyway, I have been drinking a lot just to forget her, but it is not easy. How long do you guys think it will take to get over a heartbreak?

so its understable we are emotional beings, when those we love the most disappoint us. so i advice you to stop drinking thinking you will forget about her.

now from your post this relationship just happend and took you unaware, you didnt have any set goal for the relationship hence she had to leave.

try set goals in your relation, ask yourself what do you want in a relationship, where will that relationship lead to, what do you have to offer, what will you partner bring to the table, have value you want to stay on and find someone who fit in to this vission of yours.

i dont believe there is a small person to be in a committed relationship, but my only stance is what does that relationship represent, is it mutual? from the word go what should the both of you expect at the end.

so wake up from your hurt, rise above it....its not easy but i tell you its better.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by debbydams(f): 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2021
Move on abeg..u are man, do what will make u happy,I spent 6months before I could move when I had my first break up,I had a breakup not quite long I cried for just two days, nd I'm eating Norma normal after two days like this I moved on,this life is too short abeg stay happy and stop drinking..love is overrated, if it works good if it doesn't no kill yourself, everything happened for a reason,u are someone prayer points fa grin
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Sunnybay7: 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
Depends on how heavily you invested in the relationship.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by nokspos: 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2021
You can't marry her even if she didn't break your heart, so get a pen, list out the red flag about her, 1. she accepted friends with benefit, good girls don't do that, 2. she's dating your friend good girls don't do that. keep the list going , when ever you feel depressed , check your list. List out your future goals and plans after reading her red flags , read your list about your future ambition... get a female friend that you can call regularly, try to stay far from that your friend that she's now with... in 2months you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Providence2020(m): 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ugandatales:

listen it's not that hard. Fill that space where that love used to be with something else,

Do one of these things,

Smash other hoes, as a male it's very easy to get over women by simply rebounding with another woman, celibacy is not an option during heartbreak.

Plant Weed. Yes do you know the absolute satisfaction of watching your seeds successfully sprout and produce their first leaves, now you get a therapeutic growth experience and free weed on the side ( dm for instructions on how to carry on)

Get a dog. Cos if no one can love you can easily get yourself an animal that will love you unconditionally, some might even say stupidly, but all na love, your soul is troubled and will take love from any source.

Get busy with money. If you already got something doing, double down on it and forget women cos as a man your value will only come from what you can provide, Hoes no dey finish, younger, tighter and ready for you only if you work on yourself.

If you ain't got nothing to do then check my siggy for starters.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Dahunsipaul(m): 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2021
This one na Uganda tales by moonlight
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Ugandatales: 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
nokspos:
You can't marry her even if she didn't break your heart, so get a pen, list out the red flag about her, 1. she accepted friends with benefit, good girls don't do that, 2. she's dating your friend good girls don't do that. keep the list going , when ever you feel depressed , check your list. List out your future goals and plans after reading her red flags , read your list about your future ambition... get a female friend that you can call regularly, try to stay far from that your friend that she's now with... in 2months you will be fine.

Thanks for this. It makes a lot of sense. I will work with this.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Ugandatales: 7:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
Sunnybay7:
Depends on how heavily you invested in the relationship.

Hmm...true. Almost 3 years.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Ugandatales: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
Providence2020:
listen it's not that hard. Fill that space where that love used to be with something else,

Do one of these things,

Smash other hoes, as a male it's very easy to get over women by simply rebounding with another woman, celibacy is not an option during heartbreak.

Plant Weed. Yes do you know the absolute satisfaction of watching your seeds successfully sprout and produce their first leaves, now you get a therapeutic growth experience and free weed on the side ( dm for instructions on how to carry on)

Get a dog. Cos if no one can love you can easily get yourself an animal that will love you unconditionally, some might even say stupidly, but all na love, your soul is troubled and will take love from any source.

Get busy with money. If you already got something doing, double down on it and forget women[b] cos as a man your value will only come from what you can provide[/b], Hoes no dey finish, younger, tighter and ready for you only if you work on yourself.

If you ain't got nothing to do then check my siggy for starters.

Very very true. Thanks for this.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Ugandatales: 7:07pm On Jul 08, 2021
debbydams:
Move on abeg..u are man, do what will make u happy,I spent 6months before I could move when I had my first break up,I had a breakup not quite long I cried for just two days, nd I'm eating Norma normal after two days like this I moved on,this life is too short abeg stay happy and stop drinking..love is overrated, if it works good if it doesn't no kill yourself, [b]everything happened for a reason,u are someone prayer points fa ;[/b]D

Great angle. Thanks for this.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Ugandatales: 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
Mrsoft3:

so its understable we are emotional beings, when those we love the most disappoint us. so i advice you to stop drinking thinking you will forget about her.

now from your post this relationship just happend and took you unaware, you didnt have any set goal for the relationship hence she had to leave.

try set goals in your relation, ask yourself what do you want in a relationship, where will that relationship lead to, what do you have to offer, what will you partner bring to the table, have value you want to stay on and find someone who fit in to this vission of yours.

i dont believe there is a small person to be in a committed relationship, but my only stance is what does that relationship represent, is it mutual? from the word go what should the both of you expect at the end.

so wake up from your hurt, rise above it....its not easy but i tell you its better.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by healthbing(f): 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
Give yourself 10 reasons why you're not supposed to be with her..it helps.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heartbreak? by Ugandatales: 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2021
healthbing:
Give yourself 10 reasons why you're not supposed to be with her..it helps.

The thing is...I don't want to hate her...I just want to forget her.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Boutique: Check Out Your Quality Designers At Affordable Prices Here / Brutally Sexed / See Why Most Relationship Won't Work No Matter What You Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.