Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

What Is The Worst University Course To Study? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Worst University Course To Study? (37276 Views)

What University Course Can A FURNITURE MAKER (furnisher) Study? / UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? / Which University/course Can Accept E8 In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 8:10am On Jul 09, 2021
All course are useless not until God bless you with good Job

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by tamonokare: 8:10am On Jul 09, 2021
Y
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 09, 2021
Fishery URP

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by QuietHammer(m): 8:10am On Jul 09, 2021
International Relations

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by God200(m): 8:11am On Jul 09, 2021
Urban and regional planning is a worst course to study in university
But good course to study in polytechnic
Oya war start���

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Righthussle: 8:11am On Jul 09, 2021
Theology.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 09, 2021
2scorehigh:
In your own opinion, what is the worst university course for someone to study?

Worst in the sense that you will not advise anyone to go for the course.

Worst in the sense that even if you are paid so well to do the course, you will gladly refuse/reject the offer.

Worst in the sense that if you have the power to delete the course from school curriculum forever, you won’t waste any time in doing so...

If you ask me, I'd say it's Microbiology.

I have absolutely no interest at all in the course. In fact, everything about Microbiology gives me the heebie-jeebies! shocked shocked shocked

I asked a friend, and she said it's Music for her.

What about you?

What is/are your reasons for saying so?

Let's hear from you...

You don't know what you are talking about. This is exactly my point in my tech businesses in the programming section of Nairaland that most Nigerians these days arent innovative. The only thing Nigerians mostly know is copy and paste. Doctors (except researchers among them) are mostly copy and paste. Pharmacists are mostly too. If you want to know those who use their brains, they are mostly those who work in laboratories.

Your teachers do not allow you because you dont show interest. Show interest and prove yourself, then see how opportunities flow in. Find the professor who is outstanding in your department and prove yourself. Find out who are his/her research assistants among the masters and phd students. Tackle those ones, and they will show you the way. Just like how doctors need to tackle nurses and matrons while they are in school.

Listen to me: Biology and Micro-biology are one of the most outstanding courses in this present world. They both pave way into genetic engineering and science.

And to answer your course, study anything during your undergraduate....the sky is the limit. You can easily port to another field. It is very easy these days. That being said, you should try to choose something you are interested in. And if you are offered a course you dont know about, ask if there is a way to cross to the course you want to do in the future. If there is link, go for it.

Goodluck!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by sam564: 8:11am On Jul 09, 2021
english and linguistic..... teacher sure for u
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by naturalflow: 8:12am On Jul 09, 2021
Anatomy very useless in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 09, 2021
I’m about to study chemistry in the university,I hope am not making a mistake

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by tete7000(m): 8:12am On Jul 09, 2021
The course you got admitted for, but didn't do enough to be well grounded in. University is a wonderful place to be educated and informed irrespective of whatever course takes you there. If you gain enough knowledge in any field of study, you can always make it in life. The scripture says seek knowledge, seek understanding. Not just certificate.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by oluwaseyi0: 8:12am On Jul 09, 2021
Nursery and primary education

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by chygozie11: 8:12am On Jul 09, 2021
Surely it's biochemistry in Nigeria.....
And universities in Nigeria will stress you!
Especially Uniben.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Airwavez: 8:12am On Jul 09, 2021
cool

In Absu...

Its History and international relations...

The no dey even build faculty block for dem..

Everyday dem dey fight other department for hall

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by chaiks: 8:13am On Jul 09, 2021
history and international relations
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Iceyjayzz(m): 8:13am On Jul 09, 2021
Sociology very useless course

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:13am On Jul 09, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

May be miserable in Nigeria where Everyone na Oga. But in d diaspora, u can feed fat on such.
People get paid hugely for just giving professional advice on marital, economic, business issues.

For me I think the most irrelevant Locally & internationally is POLITICAL SCIENCE.
Any human can be a Politician.
In fact, we have Politicians without WAEC.
Was Karl Marx a politician?
Was John Locke a politician?
Was Hobbes a politician?
Nigerians are just silly and clueless when it comes to talking about education. No wonder Nigerian graduates are only good at passing exams and nothing more.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Bighead95(m): 8:14am On Jul 09, 2021
All courses are nonsense in nigeria ...

Exept
Computer science and any medical courses

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Oracleforce: 8:14am On Jul 09, 2021
2scorehigh:

Worst in the sense that even if you are paid so well to do the course, you will gladly refuse/reject the offer.

Worst in the sense that if you have the power to delete the course from school curriculum forever, you won’t waste any time in doing so...

I have absolutely no interest at all in the course. In fact, everything about Microbiology gives me the heebie-jeebies! shocked shocked shocked

What about you?

Let's hear from you...

Dick and cunt management....

Presently, i'm still looking for where to work
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by cpu2006(m): 8:14am On Jul 09, 2021
Urban & regional planning is the worst among others
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Afonjashapmouth: 8:14am On Jul 09, 2021
None if you get sense

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by OlawaleBammie: 8:15am On Jul 09, 2021
2scorehigh:

What about you?

Let's hear from you...
but i tot a microbiologist could do like a doctor abi nurse
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:15am On Jul 09, 2021
I haven't heard of any course that is useless, the people studying them with mind and spirit know why they are studying them.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Skanas(m): 8:16am On Jul 09, 2021
2scorehigh:

What about you?

Let's hear from you...

Nigeria factor make u dey reason MCB low abi??
1)But when you’re sick you run to the hospital and ur body tissues(blood, urine etc) are taken to the lap to find out the causative organism of ur illness and use the right drugs to stop its(the organism) proliferation thereby making you healthy again abi?
2) You hangout with your friends and enjoy yogurt, beer etc that has been made possible by bacterial fermentation of milk, cereals etc Na Industrial microbiologist study this organisms com run am ooo...
....and many many more things they do to showcase their usefulness
Truth be told, No course is useless ooo abeggggg

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by OsusTroller: 8:16am On Jul 09, 2021
IN NIGERIA,

Anatomy
Physiology
Guardian and counseling
Zoology
Political science
Economics
Botany
Sociology
Philosophy

Etc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by igbarasdynasty: 8:16am On Jul 09, 2021
MrThisandthat:
Don't know about the worst... But the most useless is Estate Management!

You are miserable to say such. That's the most Valuable profession Cashing out Big time in the Real World.
I'm an Architect though.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Xbee007(m): 8:16am On Jul 09, 2021
hakym619:
Physiotherapy.

Physiotherapists have great opportunities, even in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 09, 2021
Philosophy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Princeton92(m): 8:18am On Jul 09, 2021
Food Technology

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Post Jamb/utme/screening,interactive Question / 16 Pictures Some Students Playing Bet9ja Virtual Soccer Can Relate To / Tene John: NIJ Sacks Lecturer For Sexual Assault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.