Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

What Is The Worst University Course To Study? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Worst University Course To Study? (37277 Views)

What University Course Can A FURNITURE MAKER (furnisher) Study? / UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? / Which University/course Can Accept E8 In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Emperor5(m): 10:09am On Jul 09, 2021
The worst course to study in Nigeria university is Business administration and management
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Emperor5(m): 10:10am On Jul 09, 2021
The worst course to study in Nigeria university is Business administration and management. any body can be Manager
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:12am On Jul 09, 2021
Adeh2009:

Thank you smiley i will let him see this

P.s where are the places you think he can get employed after graduation ?

First of all, let me break it down.

The core of public health includes environmental health, epidemiology, biostatistics, and health management. Then, your brother also has social work.

There is no agency in Nigeria or anywhere in the world where your brother will not be able to work or intern with.

Hospitals come first.

Since public health workers are trained on analyzing health data, they are useful in any organization be it nonprofit or governmental.

All those data you get from NCDC on coronavirus are the work of public health workers.

They are also sought after in the military, the police, universities (as researchers), pharmacies, schools, sports...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Davidonkonsults: 10:12am On Jul 09, 2021
Studying computer science in most Nigerian universities.
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Karleb(m): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2021
deavicky:
if u have "working"as plan B, it not a problem but when you put all ur hope on working without having the plan to use what you study to better the society then you had missed it somewhere. Many of us missed this while in school and it should be corrected.

Baba, just dey your dey dey dish motivational quotes.

So far what you do is legal, you are bettering the society.

That's a food for thought for you.
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by waliezia(m): 10:13am On Jul 09, 2021
My people, no course is irrelevant oo, it is the country we found ourselves that is making some courses worthless to study because of the little or no opportunity available after graduation... But in the western world any degree is very honorable.....

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:16am On Jul 09, 2021
waliezia:
My people, no course is irrelevant oo, it is the country we found ourselves that is making some courses worthless to study because of the little or no opportunity available after graduation... But in the western world any degree is very honorable.....

It is not the country. Some courses are just useless.

In developed countries, universities are always reviewing courses, and removing or breaking up redundant courses.

As the world evolves, and technology advances, some certain courses just become useless.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 09, 2021
Karleb:

You people should stop saying this line. It annoys me.

People get a degree for employment everywhere in the world.

Besides, when you get employed, you get employed to solve a problem.
I don't agree with many things you say, but this is on point.
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 09, 2021
Jman06:
I don't believe that people should study just any course they're offered and then start switching to other disciplines later. It breeds mediocrity and frustrations! That is the same reason some biochemistry and microbiology graduates now try to drag space with medical laboratory scientists despite the later being better trained and licensed for the job.

If you're implying things like computer programming and the likes, I believe that can be done with just O-level education, so why waste time going to the university
You must be a new graduate.

Well, 10 years after your graduation, you will understand. That is all I have to tell you. There is no point trying to explain anything to you. But if you want to learn, be teachable.

Obviously from your comment, you need real help.
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Prosmobi: 10:27am On Jul 09, 2021
What about Nautical science?
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by wildikeman(m): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2021
estheI:
third class graduate thank God you said your opinion

Hahahahaha e pain am

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:33am On Jul 09, 2021
Dancing studies from the art department cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by tammyf: 10:34am On Jul 09, 2021
vickydevoka:

Engineering favors some buh didn't favor some. Most of my mechanical engineering friends went into I. T or real estate

Which course of study favours all?
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2021
Davidonkonsults:
Studying computer science in most Nigerian universities.

Not just Nigeria.

Studying computer science anywhere in the world has become a waste.
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by drlateef: 10:51am On Jul 09, 2021
Gulf Course Management.
Next is Bird Watching Techniques degree.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Babafash(m): 10:51am On Jul 09, 2021
OriakuAmara:
I remember when I got admission back then to read Nursing, there is this girl in the class, very brainy like me*winks*
In 200level, she applied for change of department from nursing to biochemistry, according to her, Biochemistry will push her above nurses in the medical field,
Lalalalala
5yrs after graduation,she started regretting the decision after failing to secure a job while we were changing jobs like tissue.
She later went to a school of nursing and rejoined us in the profession .

Medical laboratory scientist are the only recognized people to handle hospital lab , they don't give breathing space to all these Microbiology, Biochemistry people.
Another No-No courses for me are Human Anatomy and Human physiology 4yrs program
They should be scrapped out.

A relative of mine want to read Agricultural Economics and he needs my advice
Anyone knows anything about the course?
please stop saying some courses are not good to study or that they should be scrapped. I studied human anatomy and am working in one of the federal Medical centre in the country. I earn the same amount as bsc nurses with the Same allowances and benefits. We were both given conhess 7 step 2 as fresh employees. So stop sounding as if nurses as upper hand than anatomist or physiologist

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by htdot: 10:51am On Jul 09, 2021
Karleb:

grin grin

I remember when our senior colleagues were complaining that the lab technicians at the hospital didn't allow them come close to the laboratory equipments. They said Biochemistry is not a professional course. Whereas, the test they take with the machines are pure biochemical tests.

So much hate and gate keeping in the health sector.

Microbiology is worse tho. I don't even regard that course.

It just like saying a physiology can understand the functions of the body the way a physician also do.... or a person who study pharmacology has the license to dispense drug.... So a patient should render his/her body to someone who was nt taught on how to collect blood sample from vain in school.
In canada even if you are a medical scientist and you dont have a license , you cant practice.
We so much embrace quackery in this country.... If you are license to collect patient sample, run the test and give out the result for medical treatment then, you are being back by the law and there for you are permitted but if you are not license and any thing happen you will have yourself to be blame.
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by chaiks: 10:53am On Jul 09, 2021
estheI:
God bless you, also add philosophy and religious study
lol. Including peace and conflict and many art courses

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by htdot: 10:59am On Jul 09, 2021
OriakuAmara:
I remember when I got admission back then to read Nursing, there is this girl in the class, very brainy like me*winks*
In 200level, she applied for change of department from nursing to biochemistry, according to her, Biochemistry will push her above nurses in the medical field,
Lalalalala
5yrs after graduation,she started regretting the decision after failing to secure a job while we were changing jobs like tissue.
She later went to a school of nursing and rejoined us in the profession .

Medical laboratory scientist are the only recognized people to handle hospital lab , they don't give breathing space to all these Microbiology, Biochemistry people.
Another No-No courses for me are Human Anatomy and Human physiology 4yrs program
They should be scrapped out.

A relative of mine want to read Agricultural Economics and he needs my advice
Anyone knows anything about the course?
Nurse, i disagree with you. In a saint clime, microbiology and biochemistry are hotcakes... most of these research lab abroad are being run by biochemist and microbiology... in pharmaceutical industry you will also find them. In most water industries name it a few. Both the ones in nigeria are so myopic that only want to practice quackery in hospital...

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by CodeTemplar: 11:01am On Jul 09, 2021
Islamic religious studies.
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by blueskies(f): 11:03am On Jul 09, 2021
Sirjendon:
What of Nutrition and dietetics.

Nutrition and Dietetics is one of the best courses/medical courses to study in Nigeria and anywhere in the world.
Opportunities abound majorly in the health sector.
Though many people including in Nigeria are just becoming aware of the profession, and will most likely downgrade it but it has great prospects...

I'm on the path to becoming a RDN.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by tunnex190: 11:07am On Jul 09, 2021
paxonel:
Diploma in part time : canopy and rental services

grin grin grin this is a course of study too?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Thankgodtt(m): 11:08am On Jul 09, 2021
wildikeman:
My opinion is library studies...... In this country

Library and information science is very lucrative if you have a 1st class or a 2nd class and a masters degree in it. If not you wasted your time.

Do you know how many universities (private federal and state) , research institutions, 'colleges of education polytechnics in Nigeria and all need Lots of Librarian. Plus public, national, academic, school and special libraries in Nigeria.

Get your 1st class or Second class upper with a masters degree and you are good to go.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Bigseven(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2021
Banditritology Engeneering
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Femmyfestus: 11:14am On Jul 09, 2021
Glamouzpeter:

Learn to take corrections at times, it's not until I study Social studies before know that It should be written that way
T for thanks
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by uniqueuser(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2021
What's you guys take on Industrial Chemistry?
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Emm33: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2021
Please what about co-operative economic is it a good choice...?
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Karleb(m): 11:18am On Jul 09, 2021
htdot:

It just like saying a physiology can understand the functions of the body the way a physician also do.... or a person who study pharmacology has the license to dispense drug.... So a patient should render his/her body to someone who was nt taught on how to collect blood sample from vain in school.
In canada even if you are a medical scientist and you dont have a license , you cant practice.
We so much embrace quackery in this country.... If you are license to collect patient sample, run the test and give out the result for medical treatment then, you are being back by the law and there for you are permitted but if you are not license and any thing happen you will have yourself to be blame.

You obviously haven't been to a research lab. I have been to one, albeit small and I can tell you that as a biochemist, you have the right to conduct a biochemical test.

My knowledge of biochemistry is a bit rusty, but biochemical tests I can remember include:

Blood sugar level.
Pregnancy test. This basically detect the presence of Hcg hormone.
DNA tests.
HIV Test. This is just antigen, antibody interaction.

In fact, most of the test being conducted in hospitals are biochemical tests.

Many of my friends who did their SIWES in private hospitals actually learnt these and before they rounded up their programs, they were conducting it for patients and doing well.

These tests are not rocket science and it's what we've been taught in school.

Students/Corps members are in your hospital for knowledge. There is nothing wrong with showing them the processes, it doesn't contravene the law anywhere.

If you are mentioning Biochemistry and quackery in thesame statement, it means you don't know much about biochemistry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by Dahunsipaul(m): 11:21am On Jul 09, 2021
Religious studies, history, African languages
Re: What Is The Worst University Course To Study? by VirusOO7(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2021
Botany.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tene John: NIJ Sacks Lecturer For Sexual Assault / ASUU Set To Suspend Strike This Week / 2 MOUAU Students Found Dead In Their Room In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.