Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

The Indignity Of Infidelity - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Indignity Of Infidelity (4328 Views)

My Fiancee Asked Me To Sleep With His Friend Then Accused Me Of Infidelity / S*x Isn’t The Only Form Of Infidelity In Relationships These Days…see How / Using CCTV Because Of Infidelity, Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Indignity Of Infidelity by Orikinla(m): 3:05pm On May 10, 2011
Dignity is the pillar of integrity in every relationship.

Those who do not have dignity lose their integrity and would violate the values and virtues of true relationship by breaking the rules of mutual fidelity. In most cases, they are shameless people, therefore they are careless and reckless in behaviour and end up being a curse in the long run, because of the consequences of their infidelities.

You see someone  who is guilty of infidelity either does not give a damn anymore or goes about with the burden of guilt, hiding from public attention to avoid public ridicule. Disgraced. Some of them become repentant, but many of them sink deeper in the cesspool of their rot. The female folk face the worse consequences, because society prefers them to be homemakers and not homebreakers.

Nobody will trust an unfaithful person. They may pretend to welcome him or her, but they would smirk behind the back and regard him or her with suspicion. "If she has done it before, she will do it again sooner or later." It haunts like a ghost from the past.

If you have seen the grave consequences of infidelity, then avoid repeating the mistakes of others. If infidelity  has given you or any member of your family a bad name, then do your best to reform and transform  your life instead of being "Like mother like daughter" or "Like father like son." Once the hedge is broken, the home is no longer safe.

Would you rather walk tall and hold your head high in doors only to hang your head and walk always looking in apprehension of  beng haunted or hounded in public? Like coming on Nairaland and hiding behind different user names to avoid being identified and disgraced and called bad names for being a cheat, liar, scammer, adulterer or rogue.

A young Igbo woman who stole ordinary N5000 from the wardrobe of a Yoruba Brigadier-General rubbished and tarnished  not only herself, but her family, tribe and other Nigerian Igbo women. So, anytime the general saw another Igbo woman,  he regarded her with suspicion. "Ah! Another thief in disguise."

If you would be happy to have a faithful husband, then you must stop messing around with married men. Personally, I would prefer unfaithful people to be banished from the company of faithful ones.  One bad apple if not removed spoils the rest. The society will be healthier, safer and even wealthier without unfaithful people.

There is nothing like A GOOD NAME. It is priceless and will open golden doors for you. DIGNITY is all you need to REJECT INFIDELITY. Don't trade and lose your dignity, because the consequences are grave and will make you a slave to your Master.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by HighChief4(m): 3:29pm On May 10, 2011
Nice one.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Dsense(m): 3:40pm On May 10, 2011
OP.

Interesting excerpt cheesy
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by MrCork17: 3:50pm On May 10, 2011
Orikinla (m). bro can u repeat the question? undecided
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Orikinla(m): 3:56pm On May 10, 2011
Mr, Cork:

[b]Orikinla (m). bro can u repeat the question? undecided[/b]Mr. Cork, which question?:/
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by MrCork17: 3:57pm On May 10, 2011
the question!
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Orikinla(m): 4:00pm On May 10, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Orikinla (m). bro can u repeat the question? undecided
Mr. Cork, which question? :/
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by MrCork17: 4:01pm On May 10, 2011
The question u asked after the question
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by KAYD007(m): 4:03pm On May 10, 2011
this is deep phew! i was thinkin of  cheatin with Mr Cork's babe but now wld have to have a retink!

for me there's nothin like " i hope,or wish to be faithful to my woman"  hopin or wishin isnt an option for me cos

I will definitely  be faithful, though its said its easier said  than done  nonetheless it can be done, OoH God
deliver me from the seductress daughters of EVE,
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by KAYD007(m): 4:06pm On May 10, 2011
@ orikinla

nice one u av given us ere.

but come ooh " stolen water here & there can be so sweet oo! grin
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 10, 2011
excerpt from Orikinla's post:

". . .The female folk face the worse consequences, because society prefers them to be homemakers and not homebreakers. Nobody will trust an unfaithful person. They may pretend to welcome him or her, but they would smirk behind the back and regard him or her with suspicion. "If she has done it before, she will do it again sooner or later." It haunts like a ghost from the past. If you have seen the grave consequences of infidelity, then avoid repeating the mistakes of others. If infidelity  has given you or any member of your family a bad name, then do your best to reform and transform  your life instead of being "Like mother like daughter" or "Like father like son." . . ."

". . .There is nothing like A GOOD NAME. It is priceless and will open golden doors for you. DIGNITY is all you need to REJECT INFIDELITY. Don't trade and lose your dignity, because the consequences are grave and will make you a slave to your Master."   

hmmm. Niiiiice!! cool i WHOLE heartedly agree. We must all make our own mistakes true enough however we can learn from those of others.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by MMM2(m): 4:13pm On May 10, 2011
good
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Phate07(m): 4:14pm On May 10, 2011

Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Orikinla(m): 8:33pm On May 10, 2011
Phate07:

Hmmm lipsrsealed

That your Hmmm DEEP oh.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Orikinla(m): 3:54pm On May 11, 2011
How many married couples deny their marital status in order to flirt and commit adultery in extramarital affairs?

Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by ShyOne(f): 4:24pm On May 11, 2011
@ OP

I really think you are just "Wonderful"

Thank you sooo much - you have given me a beautiful start to an already really good day.

These are the times when I really appreciate NL even more than usual.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 11, 2011
@Poster,
While I agree that women should TRY to follow this your sermon,It is totally impossible for a man to abide by it.
Men are by nature polygamous and can not stick to one woman.It is a law of nature,so how can you go against your natural instincts.
Men are predators by nature and women are their willing prey.
I love your style of writing,nice prose,but don't expect any REAL man to live by it.
it is a fact of life,that men find it extremely difficult to keep to one woman.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 11, 2011
while the poster is making sense, another crazy is trying to spill rubbish.

some people sef na dia yansh dem dey take think? grin grin grin

@OP
thank you jare,
at least someone understands

talking about consequences, just learnt that a STAFF of one of the biggest multinational oil company
is about to get sacked because he is HIV positive.

imagine that, just because his John thomas no gree stay one place.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Orikinla(m): 7:00pm On May 11, 2011
Real men are faithful to their women. I know very faithful Nigerian men, both married and single. When I had a steady relationship, I was 100 % faithful to my woman even though I had daily temptations. I always showed other women who tempted me her picture and never stopped telling them about her and that put them off. In fact every pretty woman I saw seemed to look like her. It was even telepathic that I could tell her whereabouts from a long distance. This is the power of fidelity in love. As a man thinks so he is, says the Holy Bible and confirmed by several scientific studies. I have also known faithful Nigerian women. Women of dignity and integrity. The most powerful weapon is the brain and you can use it to conquer your fears and overcome temptations, trials and weaknesses. It has been proved over the centuries. There are those who can keep their vows of fidelity till their last breath on earth.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by zayhal(f): 9:43pm On May 11, 2011
Wow! This is wonderful and interesting, coming from a man. Good pieces of advise there.

I agree with you, it has to do with the mindset and determination not to cheat because temptations are always there not for men alone but women also.

A person who claims to have cheated because of temptation has no mind of his/her own or is simply looking for excuses.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by vivaladiva(f): 4:59am On May 12, 2011
most naija guys arre incapable of being faithful and are the ones that have tot women to be unfaithful tooo
after alll who no like veriety and who wan be mugu
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Orikinla(m): 6:39pm On May 12, 2011
vivaladiva:

most naija guys arre incapable of being faithful and are the ones that have tot women to be unfaithful tooo
after alll who no like veriety and who wan be mugu

But women have the power to SAY YES OR NO.

Except a man does it by force, you can keep it closed as long as you wish.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Nekai(f): 7:06am On May 13, 2011
I love this! kiss
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Nobody: 7:31am On May 13, 2011
I do not agree with what you're saying.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Orikinla(m): 3:31pm On May 21, 2011
J12:

I do not agree with what you're saying.

IT IS NOT BY FORCE.
But it would be fine if you keep the consequences of your own erroneous choices in your own spot, so that the unfortunate products of your infidelity such as illegitimate children and other byproducts will not become the liabilities of the community and society tomorrow.

Have you seen the abandoned babies in the orphanages?

Have you seen the agonies of adultery?

Have you seen the corpses of the victims of jealous and unforgiving lovers and couples?

Anyway, you are still entitled to your own opinion as clearly stated in Articles 18 and 19 of the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights Charter

Article 18.
Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Article 19.
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Beync(f): 3:56pm On May 21, 2011
this is very nice  kiss, coming from a man, your wife must be proud of u. spread the message jore who has ears let him/her her.
BTW, i dont like your citing about d yuroba man and the igbo woman

Richvkunt:

@Poster,
While I agree that women should TRY to follow this your sermon,It is totally impossible for a man to abide by it.
Men are by nature polygamous and can not stick to one woman.It is a law of nature,so how can you go against your natural instincts.
Men are predators by nature and women are their willing prey.
I love your style of writing,nice prose,but don't expect any REAL man to live by it.
it is a fact of life,that men find it extremely difficult to keep to one woman.
Stop deceiving others, u can choose to live your adultrous life but dont deceive others, the rate at which HIV is spreading is high.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by White007(m): 5:51pm On May 21, 2011
Nice one Orikinla.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by 190: 5:57pm On May 21, 2011
[size=28pt]Infidelity PAYS!! cool cool[/size]

Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Orikinla(m): 6:31pm On May 21, 2011
Beync, on the example of the Igbo woman and Yoruba man. It was meant to illustrate how the crime of one person can tarnish the reputation of her/his family, community, tribe, race and religion. How what we do can affect the lives of others. Like the collateral damage 419 scammers have done to the reputation of Nigerians at home and abroad.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Beync(f): 10:34am On May 22, 2011
^Alrigh cheesy
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by Orikinla(m): 10:13am On Nov 25, 2011
190:

[size=28pt]Infidelity PAYS!! cool cool[/size]

Yes. The offenders have a price to pay as the picture says it all.
Re: The Indignity Of Infidelity by 195(f): 10:53am On Nov 25, 2011
Orikinla:

Yes. The offenders have a price to pay as the picture says it all.
angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Girls So Stupid To Fall For One Night Stands? / How do I help / Why Wont She Pick My Calls ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.