Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge (431 Views)

Man Gifts His Wife A Benz To Ask For Her Forgiveness (Photos, Video) / The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Forgiveness / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 09, 2021
Do you know why there is so much negativity and evil in the world today? Because evil is very easy and Goodness is hard. For example, it is very easy to pick up a gun, locate a crowd and open fire on them, but ask same person to restore life to just one of his victims, they fail. Ask them to locate a group of destitute beggars and give them life by uplifting thier condition, they also fail.

Only the strong and brave can do good and keep doing it, the weak and cowardly turn to the easy one. Unfortunately the strong are few in number, hence the world today. Everything starts from the mind, were we ought to forgive, we bear grudge and the world keeps burning.

Grudge

Dictionary will go ahead to define grudge as a “Deep-seated and/or long-term animosity or ill will about something or someone, especially due to a past bad deed or mistreatment.” A lot of people think that holding onto a grudge makes them strong and respected but that is not the case. Grudging only makes one vulnerable, mentally weak and unstable. It is the mental instability and weakness that people get wary of, not knowing when you will go off, consequently avoiding you, hence the misconception of respect.

When you keep bearing grudges especially those of deep pain or hurt, over time they eat into you and begin to impact your normal reasoning. This in turn may lead you into revenge and matters get more complicated. Vendetta could hurt you the source, your victim, anyone else unfortunate to get caught up in it or everyone at the same time. It could also lead to more reprisal vendetta, all in the name of a simple weakness that could not be controlled.

Why waste so much energy in bearing grudges? Why choose to hurt yourself and your emotions indefinitely? Why put yourself through long term mental, emotional pain and torture, all because of a person or group of persons. You are suffering because of someone or some people who may or may not be aware that they have hurt you that much and may not even care. They are probably living thier best life!

Furthermore, you think you will feel better after having your own pound of flesh? Chances are that you will feel more miserable after that silly revenge, mainly because you may not have the heart to behold and bear what you have done. At the moment you will seem strong enough to do anything and deal with it. The thing is, you are only driven by hate and anger, once you are satisfied and they disappear, you are left alone with your own mind, conscience and pictures of your evil. Trust me, you can’t live with it.

Easy to learn evil, in the process of your vendetta, you may get used to the idea of hurting people, yes! The human mind is that tricky and complicated. Can you stand the person you will become? How different then are you from the ones who hurt you? Grudges are for the weak at mind and cowardly at heart. Free yourself and lighten your mind, karma will do the rest for you. Get light!
Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2020/01/19/the-pain-of-grudge-and-the-freedom-of-forgiveness-grudge/

CC
misssclassy
Lalasticlala
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Mukina2

2 Likes

Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by Redoil: 7:07am On Jul 09, 2021
it is easy to tell people to forgive when you are not in their shoes
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by Wanbissaka: 7:15am On Jul 09, 2021
Redoil:
i swear down
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by Wanbissaka: 7:16am On Jul 09, 2021
Redoil:
i swear down. Talk is very cheap.
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:19am On Jul 09, 2021
Since I stopped having grudges I have been more sane and better.Instead of bottling hurt and pain let it out when someone offends me I quickly make it known and forget the next minute this is the best way sometimes we have to let go so as to grow and move forward in life.
Op you are right these negative things eat deep in a person but when you fight them and stop getting annoyed over every little thing your life will be filled with joy.

2 Likes

Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2021
Redoil:

Very true, but then you can also forgive and make peace with yourself and take yourself from such ugly situations.
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by mysticwarrior(m): 8:39am On Jul 09, 2021
AmazonTopaz:
Since I stopped having grudges I have been more sane and better.Instead of bottling hurt and pain let it out when someone offends me I quickly make it known and forget the next minute this is the best way sometimes we have to let go so as to grow and move forward in life.
Op you are right these negative things eat deep in a person but when you fight them and stop getting annoyed over every little thing your life will be filled with joy.
till date God still hold grudge and has refused to forgive the devil for rebellion. If God cannot let go then who is man?
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:45am On Jul 09, 2021
mysticwarrior:
till date God still hold grudge and has refused to forgive the devil for rebellion. If God cannot let go then who is man?
I have no grudge against anyone.
It depends on the God you are talking about I don't believe in that story of the devil anyway,but as for me I have let go and stopped expecting much from humans and have conditioned myself to believe that human disappointment is a part of life this thought process has helped me a lot.
I can only speak for myself I hate jealousy and envy and I am neither of any I have let go I hold no grudge on anyone till date.My peace of mind is important.
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by mysticwarrior(m): 8:49am On Jul 09, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Very true, but then you can also forgive and make peace with yourself and take yourself from such ugly situations.
armmed robbers come your house Rape your wive and you daughter for your present, killed your only son. if the robbers are arrested would you forgive them and demand for their released?
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by mysticwarrior(m): 8:52am On Jul 09, 2021
Redoil:
leave them make them dey talk.
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:58am On Jul 09, 2021
mysticwarrior:
armmed robbers come your house Rape your wive and you daughter for your present, killed your only son. if the robbers are arrested would you forgive them and demand for their released?
Forgiveness is different from justice.

I am a lady first of all and I hate rape and any violent act directed at anybody.If I were raped I would definitely want justice and forgive myself because I cannot change what has happened but I can survive it and come out better.Will I forgive my rapist definitely not but will I forgive myself yes I will and I will pursue justice.I will not give a pat on the back for evil and wickedness I believe in consequences if you understood what I told the person I quoted you will understand that I agreed with him but believe that self forgiveness is important what I mean by this in a situation you painted is that I will not blame myself for what happened many victims blame themselves for the terrible things that happened to them so they find it hard to move on.I will get back on my feet with the right support and come out of the ugly situation.I wasn't talking about forgiving wrong doers no they deserve to pay for their misdeeds and should face the law.When a criminal is being punished you the victim gets to feel some succor but it will not change what has happened but it will help you live because who did the wrong isn't at peace either and will serve as a deterrent to others
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by Wanbissaka: 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by NarcissistKing(m): 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
I don't forgive.
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by Opeyemiextra(f): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2021
It's easier said than done but forgiveness is necessary for one's own peace of mind. The fact that the person you are holding a grudge against might be completely ignorant of it and you keep melting like wax inside is enough reason to let go.

When someone offends me, I just see them as weak to whatever reason made them do whatever they did. From there, my healing starts and the person becomes completely insignificant.
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:48am On Nov 16, 2021
Grudge or malice keeping isn’t for me.

Whether I’m to be blamed or not, I’d apologize.

My peace of mind is very important as the Spirit of God would keep reminding me to make peace with such person.
Re: The Pain Of Grudge And The Freedom Of Forgiveness: Grudge by capnies: 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Forgiveness is different from justice.

I am a lady first of all and I hate rape and any violent act directed at anybody.If I were raped I would definitely want justice and forgive myself because I cannot change what has happened but I can survive it and come out better.Will I forgive my rapist definitely not but will I forgive myself yes I will and I will pursue justice.I will not give a pat on the back for evil and wickedness I believe in consequences if you understood what I told the person I quoted you will understand that I agreed with him but believe that self forgiveness is important what I mean by this in a situation you painted is that I will not blame myself for what happened many victims blame themselves for the terrible things that happened to them so they find it hard to move on.I will get back on my feet with the right support and come out of the ugly situation.I wasn't talking about forgiving wrong doers no they deserve to pay for their misdeeds and should face the law.When a criminal is being punished you the victim gets to feel some succor but it will not change what has happened but it will help you live because who did the wrong isn't at peace either and will serve as a deterrent to others

HOW DO YOU EQUATE THIS YOUR WRITEUP TO JESUS TELLING HIS FATHER TO FORGIVE THOSE THAT WERE KILLING HIM UNJUSTLY

(1) (Reply)

Big Wedding Or Small Wedding / Please Help Me With Some Info About Electric Hot Plate / How Will U React After The Rape?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.