Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) (26895 Views)

Olajide Oduyoye Visits LASTMA Zonal Offices Affected By EndSARS Riot / Olajide Oduyoye: LASTMA Will Return As Different Areas Get Less Volatile / Olajide Oduyoye To LASTMA Officials: They Will Turn On Us If We Don't Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by sonofElElyon: 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
ogododo:
A video making rounds on social media shows the moment LASTMA General Manager made a controversial statement during an interview with NigeriaInfo FM.

The General Manager of Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, Engr. Jide Oduyoye, in an interview with Sandra Ezekwsili, stated that the agency won’t respect court of appeal judgement.

Furthermore, Engr. Jide said that LASTMA officers do not need consent to get into your car if you’re found wanting for a traffic offense.

Watch video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O4F31wt4mk

https://newsdirect.ng/video-we-wont-respect-court-of-appeal-judgement-lastma-gm/

So he doesn't have a legal dept

Just made a fool of himself !

1 Like

Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2021
Originalsly:

If he had a smooth talking PR person .... how would we have known the head of the agency is a butt head?.... how would we have known the behaviour of his men is a reflection of him? The head of a law enforcement agency publicly saying he will ignore the ruling if a court. I wish he would.... I wish someone sues him and his agency for carjacking and most of all I wish the court throws him behind bars for contempt of court.

And if he is sued in his personal capacity, Section 3 of the Public Officer Protection Act will not protect him.

Until we learn to sue public officers in their personal capacity when they run foul of the law, they won't change.

Imagine suing him in his personal capacity and he has to pay damages from his personal pocket. Will he sing a new song?

If any law enforcement agent encroaches on your legal right, don't just sue him in his public capacity alone. Sue him in his personal capacity as well. Suing him in his personal capacity will make him shiver to his bone cos he will have to defend such action in his personal capacity.

So imagine paying a lawyer from his pocket and also paying damages from his packet if there is a judgment against him.

Will he change?

2 Likes

Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by AK481(m): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2021
Cab someone post the cour of appeal judgment of 2019.
I need to print it out
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Ezmans: 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2021
Can someone brief me on the court of appeal running?
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Oracleforce: 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
This man is as stupid as his looks....A general manager of an agency talks like a tout?
Oh my God! What kind of country is this...

How will.this man bring equality and justice to the agencies. .

"Animoh " in human skin....
Tueh kelebe, I spit on his ugly face

2 Likes

Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by bigfather(m): 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
slivertongue:
he will put up a rejoinder to deny his statement saying he was quoted out of context

As usual....na their way ! grin grin grin
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by GistFullGround: 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2021

Another "Oga at the top loading"

Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by anyilalaz: 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
Love listening to her program. Detailed professional.

Doyou2019:

LOL you need to see Sandra do the same live to an APC dundee later that same day. You gotta have your head on a swivel when you appear on an interview hosted by that journalist o. She's got no love for dummies.

1 Like

Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Dantedasz(m): 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2021
Listening to this guy talk is so embarrassing! A thug in a uniform.

1 Like

Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Tulsaguy: 8:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
Na to put jazz on top sit for them to sit on. No need to beg them make dem no enter your car. By the time two of them start picking pangolo, na beg dem go beg the car owner las las....

My own go pass pass laisi abesupinle level of kindness...
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by NGpatriot: 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
God Bless LASTMA

God Bless Lagos State.

grin grin grin

Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by tellwisdom: 9:35pm On Jul 10, 2021
So this person Na man??

Well, they know people de harass
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by MrMcJay(m): 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
litigator:

And if he is sued in his personal capacity, Section 3 of the Public Officer Protection Act will not protect him.

Until we learn to sue public officers in their personal capacity when they run foul of the law, they won't change.

Imagine suing him in his personal capacity and he has to pay damages from his personal pocket. Will he sing a new song?

If any law enforcement agent encroaches on your legal right, don't just sue him in his personal capacity alone. Sue him in his personal capacity as well. Suing him in his personal capacity will make him shiver to his bone cos he will have to defend such action in his personal capacity.

So imagine paying a lawyer from his pocket and also paying damages from his packet if there is a judgment against him.

Will he change?

There is a prayer I always love: A declaration of the Court that the Defendant is unfit to hold public office.

Add it and watch them cry like babies. If the action succeeds and the prayer is granted, such public officer is finished for life.

A solid petition to the Governor with a link to this video will get that Lastma boss out of office within a few days.
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Abbeyme: 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2021
ogododo:

I go listen to de whole interview, him hand drop he come dey say I am an Engineer not a Lawyer. cool

I equally had to listen to the whole interview. The GM really committed a gaffe.
Tho he repented his thoughts, he didn’t agree to change the mode operandi of his officers.

We still have a lot to do as a society.
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Abbeyme: 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
MrMcJay:

There is a prayer I always love: A declaration of the Court that the Defendant is unfit to hold public office.

Add it and watch them cry like babies. If the action succeeds and the prayer is granted, such public officer is finished for life.

A solid petition to the Governor with a link to this video will get that Lastma boss out of office within a few days.

You are joking, aren’t you?

‘Baba sope’ needs to ratify the need for such critical changes!! True but sad!!
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by MrMcJay(m): 10:19pm On Jul 10, 2021
Abbeyme:
You are joking, aren’t you?

‘Baba sope’ needs to ratify the need for such critical changes!! True but sad!!

It is what has been done severally, not some beer-parlour hypothesis. You and your Baba sọpe theories can't stand it. Go and ask Fashola what lawyers used his eyes to see during his administration. Lagos was paying heavy damages at regular intervals to litigants.
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Originalsly: 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2021
litigator:

That's our problem..... complaining to each other instead of using the legal system .
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by calcal: 12:18am On Jul 11, 2021
Engr. Jide, another illiterate in action!

He should remove the Engr. title and face the LASMA business, learn about the Law.
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by AvaChristian: 8:58am On Jul 11, 2021
If you notice, the LASTMA officials know about this law, that is why when they catch traffic offenders, you don't see them jump into your vehicle, they let one of them not wearing uniform to drive (or the police), so they are not caught on camera doing so.

So it is this man empowering them. Whereas I thought this man will bring change to LASTMA.

I am highly disappointed.
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Bluntemperor: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2021
Atiwaye:
I hate this country people without orientation and discipline are appointed to oversee the sensitive position.this thing is not serving the public but the people that appointed him imagine he said he will not obey the court. Sanwolu should fired this idiot so other can learn.

Those in government are majorly the problems of Nigeria because anything they can't benefit from is to them,a waste of time, energy and resources.
We need Divine Intervention in Nigeria,whether we like it or not, that is the TRUTH!
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Bluntemperor: 9:57am On Jul 11, 2021
Atiwaye:
I hate this country people without orientation and discipline are appointed to oversee the sensitive position.this thing is not serving the public but the people that appointed him imagine he said he will not obey the court. Sanwolu should fired this idiot so other can learn.

Those in government are majorly the problems of Nigeria because anything they can't benefit from is to them,a waste of time, energy and resources.
We need Divine Intervention in Nigeria,whether we like it or not, that is the TRUTH.
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Tzar(m): 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ignoramus LASTMA boss. If he can talk like this, I don’t expect much from his team!
The governor needs to do the needful before this man continues to embarrass the government.

ogododo:
A video making rounds on social media shows the moment LASTMA General Manager made a controversial statement during an interview with NigeriaInfo FM.

The General Manager of Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, Engr. Jide Oduyoye, in an interview with Sandra Ezekwsili, stated that the agency won’t respect court of appeal judgement.

Furthermore, Engr. Jide said that LASTMA officers do not need consent to get into your car if you’re found wanting for a traffic offense.

Watch video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O4F31wt4mk

https://newsdirect.ng/video-we-wont-respect-court-of-appeal-judgement-lastma-gm/
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by grandmaster1974(m): 2:13pm On Jul 11, 2021
We will continue to hv this junk until they stop using this miscreants to pay political compensation.They r tauts in government uniforms in government office,ther godfather's r the reason Lagos is underdeveloped despite the huge resources coming from everywhere
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by Joetttimua1811(m): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2021
After all bubu no dey respect law
Re: Jide Oduyoye: We Won’t Respect Court Of Appeal Judgement — LASTMA GM (Video) by odonkoro: 6:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
Not they don't know what the law says, or the interpretation of the court of appeal judgment; they disregard the law because they LASTMA is enmeshed in corruption.
Go to their office very close to Panti police station, Yaba, and see what they do there. They are lords over there. Once a vehicle is impounded, the least they collect if you don't know any top government official is 15,000 thousand naira without receipt; or they they threatened of charging you to court.
Therefore, i am no surprise if their head said he did not respect the law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Godswill Akpabio Visit Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (Photo) / Three Pastors Have Obtained Forms To Contest For Presidency In The APC / Ken Nnamani Dumps PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.