Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures (80964 Views)

Emefiele Apologizes To Nigerians For Online Transaction Failures (Video) / We Design Web/desktop & Mobile App, USSD Project, Software Etc / POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Darkblood: 5:01am On Jul 10, 2021
Lol
I really don't give a fuc
You are dull simple as abc
Dialpad:
I can read clearly, but I am not as stupid and dumb as you .

Imagine this slowpoke saying his dad can't read.

Is it everything you read online that you take seriously.

No facts, just nameless guys at IT dept

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by and1one: 5:03am On Jul 10, 2021
Dialpad:
I hope this is not someone trying to tarnish the image of the bank.

We have many accounts with GT, I thought GT was useless till I tried UBA and zenith.

It's a Nigerian problem... they need to upgrade their software

Please don't say what you don't know.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Dre183(m): 5:44am On Jul 10, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
The staffs that resigned have most likely gone to to Canada to get PR.
Anyway, soldier go, soldier come, barracks must remain. When people run to Canada, there are many people in Nigeria that can do the job. GT bank, please go and recruit new staffs and stop over working your current staffs.
Is it until you start to lose customers before you behave? undecided undecided

The bolded is nothing but truth.

A lady that resigned from my team last year August is currently a PR in Canada.

GTbank is a good bank but dey overworked their staff too much
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by mosaicafrique: 7:14am On Jul 10, 2021
It's Nemesis, I can remember in 2016 I submitted an idea and a more secure USSD process to the bank to help reduce or stop fraudulent transaction from customer's account, I introduced the usage of secret pin instead of the last 4digits of your ATM card, only for me to receive a mail from the product development team telling me that my idea won't work because it's no longer simple for customer to use as the product was meant to be simple. But in February 2017 gtbank adopted my idea without appreciating my efforts and idea, I sent a mail back to the team that once told me that my idea wasn't simple and easy for customers to use, But their response made me understand that I wasn't important to the system as I was a contract staff from ICS ltd. I felt bad but thank God for colleagues that gave me words of hope. I laid a curse and felt very bad. All this and so many other issues made me to resign 30/6/2021.
If they don't change màny more will go wrong
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Jacku: 7:17am On Jul 10, 2021
Dialpad:

We have many accounts with GT, I thought GT was useless till I tried UBA and zenith.

nobidy is tarnishing the image. I worked with the bank and resigned this year March. The bank is hugely understaffed and the pressure na die. Had to leave for my sanity sake despite I had very small second option.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Pclemenza: 7:54am On Jul 10, 2021
ejimatic:
. BANK STAFF are of three categories1 permanent staff 2 contract staff 3 IT staff Out of the 3 those in no 1 category are very few .They may not be more than 5 or 4 in a bank .Those in category 2 are many and are used as slaves in banks.They cqn be sacked at any time even when they work tiredlesslessly.Additionally they are given peanuts monthly.As for those in category 3 they are just engaged to assist with peanuts they collect monthly The truth is 80 percentage of bank staff are looking for job every day especially in their marketing unit. Instead of employing people with adequate remuneration the bank management resort to recruiting firms for cheap labour.With poor job satisfaction bank sector will continue to be understaffed in Nigeria with concomitant poor service always
The above is true, always recruiting through an outsourcing firm that pay close to nothing.
Note: I am yet to have any complaints about GT BANK. It’s more preferred than the AccessBank I use.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Revolva(m): 8:17am On Jul 10, 2021
GTBANK is one of the best bank in Nigeria after ZENITH bank .....when it comes to baning app....they have the best app....and the worst banking app is UBA...that bank app na rubbish

1 Like

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Lucyspa: 9:05am On Jul 10, 2021
bedah:
ACCESS BANK THE BEST BANK EVER........THERE CUSTOMER CARE IS WOW..........ANYTIME SATURDAY SUNDAY 1AM ANYTIME OF THE DAY.......THEY ARE EVER READY TO ATTEND TO YOU

How can i contact them on Saturday?

1 Like

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by vincentjk(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2021
adelaja70:

Who the hell is innoson?

Hating on a fellow will not take you anywhere in life bro.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by ejimatic: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2021
Pclemenza:

The above is true, always recruiting through an outsourcing firm that pay close to nothing.
Note: I am yet to have any complaints about GT BANK. It’s more preferred than the AccessBank I use.
. It seems everybody has preference for banks he or she uses. I however want banks to improve on their services and make their staff happ.y
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Pclemenza: 9:37am On Jul 10, 2021
ejimatic:
. It seems everybody has preference for banks he or she uses. I however want banks to improve on their services and make their staff happ.y
Absolutely spot on, improve banking service to customers as well as making staffs happy but greed won’t allow employers make such decision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by kennethology(m): 9:42am On Jul 10, 2021
The CEO is a thug and employ plenty thugs as managers who all they know is eyeservice
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by kolexy(m): 9:46am On Jul 10, 2021
Globad:
Gtbank is getting it wrong. Customer service in the banking halls is zero. Customers stand for hours before being attended to.

Their staff are overworked and they refuse to employ more staff even when the bank is making money.

The last time I was in one of their banking halls, I spent over two hours and decided there and then that the suffering was enough. I simply transferred all my balances to another bank. There is no point closing accounts anymore. Just transferr your entire balance to another bank.

By the way, only a handful of banks in Nigeria have good customer service.

The long queue is not a result of poor customer service but due to the very large number of detail customers the Bank has. Move half of GTBank's retail customers to other banks like UBA and Zenith Bank and see the systems collapse. Customers would probably have to spend the entire day there.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Globad(f): 9:52am On Jul 10, 2021
kolexy:

The long queue is not a result of poor customer service but due to the very large number of detail customers the Bank has. Move half of GTBank's retail customers to other banks like UBA and Zenith Bank and see the systems collapse. Customers would probably have to spend the entire day there.

Is that why they have 2 people at their customer service when they can have 5? Is First bank not also having a large number of retail customers?

Come up with another argument.

Or are you saying in essence that gtbank has got to the limit of its capacity?
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by alezzy13: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2021
To an extent I agree with OP that the GTB of late 90s early 2000s is not the same as that today, particularly the area of CS.

However I don't believe it's as bad as OP claimed. While I've had a few glitches, the overwhelming transactions made online and via the app have been successful.

Moreover I really wonder people keep doing in banks almost everyday.. Not belittling anyone, but despite the multiple echannels, it's very odd to see peeps will still prefer to line up in baking hall to do deposit of N3000 shocked
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by adelaja70(m): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2021
vincentjk:

Hating on a fellow will not take you anywhere in life bro.
Will you shut up your gutter mouth.. Didn't you see the comment of the person i quoted?
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by ejimatic: 10:26am On Jul 10, 2021
Pclemenza:

Absolutely spot on, improve banking service to customers as well as making staffs happy but greed won’t allow employers make such decision.
. I agree with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by adelaja70(m): 10:26am On Jul 10, 2021
Globad:

Is that why they have 2 people at their customer service when they can have 5? Is First bank not also having a large number of retail customers?

Come up with another argument.

Or are you saying in essence that gtbank has got to the limit of its capacity?
How do you know they have two? Do you work there? Una go just dey conclude like say una dey work there.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by armadeo(m): 10:27am On Jul 10, 2021
Dialpad:

You never try ecobank be that.

That bank has ceased to shock me. Anything I see I take am like that.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by alezzy13: 10:27am On Jul 10, 2021
aryzgreat:

Imagine the useless customer service asked me to go to d branch (Lagos) I opened my account to request for ATM card. I jejely withdrew everything over the counter and abandoned the account.

Me travel from Delta to Lagos BC of ATM. They are mad

Haba this can't be true. The CS didn't know what he/she was saying.

You can request online via the app and have it sent to ANY branch accross the country for collection, and yes I've done it more than once.

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by adelaja70(m): 10:30am On Jul 10, 2021
Jacku:
nobidy is tarnishing the image. I worked with the bank and resigned this year March. The bank is hugely understaffed and the pressure na die. Had to leave for my sanity sake despite I had very small second option.
As contract staff or what?
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Controlv: 10:36am On Jul 10, 2021
If you think GTB is the worst, try Zenith. Zenith ebanking is the true definition of failure.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Jacku: 10:43am On Jul 10, 2021
adelaja70:

As contract staff or what?
it matters not. Just know that they are understaffed
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by adelaja70(m): 10:53am On Jul 10, 2021
Jacku:
it matters not. Just know that they are understaffed
And you worked in all their branches?..No be so? Omo Nna.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Jacku: 10:56am On Jul 10, 2021
adelaja70:

And you worked in all their branches?..No be so? Omo Nna.
Like, the way una dey argue without having any formal knowledge is what baffles the Bleep out of me. Did you or have you ever worked with the brand? If you have then your argument will make sense to me. Have you ever worked with gtb? Also, what has contract staff or full staff got anything to do with knowing if the bank is understaffed too?
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by udume(m): 11:30am On Jul 10, 2021
Gtbank remains my best bank in Nigeria where there are no unnecessary deductions from your account. I believe you will overcome this trying time

1 Like

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by CavemanDefuturo: 11:34am On Jul 10, 2021
GTbank? Wait Until there's a fraudulent transfer of funds from your account...that is when you will regret the day you opened an account with, GTbank.
I have done everything for them to investigate and return my money, or at least tell me what they know about the fraud but no one till this day has responded to me aside there usual we will get back to you.
I've realized I'm on my own so I stopped using that account for good.
God will push GTbank and their nonchalant management... I don't wish them well at all.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by syntekelite(m): 11:34am On Jul 10, 2021
Dialpad:

Immediately i saw you mention UBA in your post it became obvious you didn't read the post.. as in UBA and GT

1 Like

Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Globad(f): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2021
adelaja70:

How do you know they have two? Do you work there? Una go just dey conclude like say una dey work there.

Go back to me initial post instead of this needless argument of yours?

Get your facts right before jumping on an argument? Does a regular customer of a branch who saw the difference when the branch had 5 customer service staff and when they had two not in a position to make comments especially after she had spoken to the branch staff?

Dey there dey defend poor service. You for use this strength resolve the problem
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by vincentjk(m): 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2021
adelaja70:

Will you shut up your gutter mouth.. Didn't you see the comment of the person i quoted?

Calling a child of God names will get you nowhere in life. Know this and know peace.
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Omanze: 2:16pm On Jul 10, 2021
I passionately appeal to Nigerians to rally round GTB at this trying moment.

Staff and management of Guarantee Trust Bank must not dissipate or abandon the Bank now.

It is only a challenge, and this challenge shall be overcome in shortest possible time.

#IHAVEFAITHINGTB
Re: GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures by Teegelop(f): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
Let me buttress this point, someone close to me was one of the victims that was retrenched without prior notification. Since post pandemic, I don't know whoever came up with that idea. As a contract staff in one section, once you have spent 2years you are allowed to write exam and get conversion to become a permanent staff but they started sacking good hands that were hoping to write exam since November last year. Once you are up to 2years hoping to write exam, they terminate your contract without replacing with another person even if they replace, will those people easily get along with the system? This alone can frustrate customers.

Immediately people got to realize this, resignation letter started flying around even before you contract expire including full staff.

There is this company that now employ the good hands of GTB with better payment which I won't mention the company's name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Forex Trade Alerts - Season 4 / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / Top 10 Weakest Currency In Africa (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.