Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,834 members, 7,806,344 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Oko Iyabo: Yomi Fabiyi Reacts To Suspension By TAMPAN - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oko Iyabo: Yomi Fabiyi Reacts To Suspension By TAMPAN (675 Views)

Oko Iyabo: TAMPAN Summons Yomi Fabiyi Over His Controversial Movie (Photo) / Nkechi Blessing And Lege Miami Suspended By TAMPAN For Fighting On Social Media / Yomi Fabiyi Reacts To Eniola Omoshalewa Eunice's Sex For Role Accusation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oko Iyabo: Yomi Fabiyi Reacts To Suspension By TAMPAN by Admob090(m): 9:05pm On Jul 09, 2021
Actor Yomi Fabiyi has reacted to the indefinite suspension slammed on him by the Theater Arts and Motion Pictures Practitioners Association (TAMPAN)

DAILY POST had reported that TAMPAN in a statement on Friday said the actor was suspended for his new movie, ‘Oko Iyabo’.

It said the actor was also suspended for gross professional misconducts and unethical practices.

TAMPAN said having listened to the detailed defense of Fabiyi, the Producer/Director of the controversial film ‘Oko Iyabo’ and his co-Director, Dele Matti, the Ethic, Conflict and Resolution Committee found them guilty of misconduct.

Reacting, Fabiyi in an Instagram post on Friday said TAMPAN has no right to suspend him because he is not a member of the body.

TAMPAN blows hot over Yomi Fabiyi’s new movie, Oko Iyabo

According to him, he was originally a member of the Association of Nigerian Theatre Arts Practitioners (ANTP), which TAMPAN broke away from.

Describing the letter addressed as “inappropriate and invalid, Yomi stressed that he did not at any point formalise his TAMPAN membership.
“I’m originally ANTP member, worst case I’ll renew my membership there. I have never obtained or sign any form with TAMPAN or join any GUILD.

“I was made to pay for registration which I did but no form collected or formal procedure. The letter is inappropriate, not valid for me as a filmmaker.

“Any reaction if necessary will be on the basis of human rights violation if I so wish to seek judicial redress. You don’t lose what you never had,” he wrote.

Source: [url]classicview.com.ng[/url]
Re: Oko Iyabo: Yomi Fabiyi Reacts To Suspension By TAMPAN by mymadam(m): 9:13pm On Jul 09, 2021
Table shaking again Yomi? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Oko Iyabo: Yomi Fabiyi Reacts To Suspension By TAMPAN by Patience11: 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2021
Let peace reign please
Re: Oko Iyabo: Yomi Fabiyi Reacts To Suspension By TAMPAN by tutudesz: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2021
The Association should banned the movie too

1 Like

Re: Oko Iyabo: Yomi Fabiyi Reacts To Suspension By TAMPAN by Hotstew(m): 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2021
tutudesz:
The Association should banned the movie too

How?
Re: Oko Iyabo: Yomi Fabiyi Reacts To Suspension By TAMPAN by tutudesz: 11:49pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hotstew:

How?
The movie is meant to paint Baba Ijesha has a innocent man, that was set up
A more detailed explanation
https://www.nairaland.com/6642986/tampan-suspends-yomi-fabiyi-indefinitely
Re: Oko Iyabo: Yomi Fabiyi Reacts To Suspension By TAMPAN by Hotstew(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2021
tutudesz:

The movie is meant to paint Baba Ijesha has a innocent man, that was set up
A more detailed explanation
https://www.nairaland.com/6642986/tampan-suspends-yomi-fabiyi-indefinitely

So the court will now go with the details of the movie and ignore the facts of the case?

Nigerians always worry about the wrong things

1 Like

Re: Oko Iyabo: Yomi Fabiyi Reacts To Suspension By TAMPAN by tutudesz: 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hotstew:

So the court will now go with the details of the movie and ignore the facts of the case?

Nigerians always worry about the wrong things
Public opinion matters in certain case, you saw how other actors supported him

(1) (Reply)

D’banj And Davido Performs At Obi Cunana’s Mother’s Burial Ceremony(video) / Prophet's Marriage Reportedly Ends After 3 Months Over Failed Promises - Photos / Actress Funke Akindele Topped Her Colleagues Toyin Abraham, Mercy Aigbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.