Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,115 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:11 AM

Security Agencies: Ruthless On Agitators, Pampering Bandits, Killer Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Agencies: Ruthless On Agitators, Pampering Bandits, Killer Herdsmen (461 Views)

El-Rufai: Bandits, Killer Herdsmen More Daring Under Buhari / Fayemi Accused Of Pampering Fulani Herdsmen Over His 2023 ‘presidential Ambition / Buhari ‘pampering’ Miyetti Allah – Gani Adams Explodes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Agencies: Ruthless On Agitators, Pampering Bandits, Killer Herdsmen by Cossybob(m): 7:18am On Jul 10, 2021
Secessionist agitations and insecurity are rising across the country but security agencies’ approach to tackling them appears divisive, ADELANI ADEPEGBA reports
A notorious bandit operating within the precincts of Zamfara State forest recently boasted about his operations and exploits against the Nigerian military.

In a trending video, the bandit who was identified by his alias, Dankarami, was holding a rifle while surrounded by a crowd.

He granted an interview to some persons suspected to be government officials, including policemen. In the video which lasted four minutes, 40 seconds, the dreadlocked bandit was heard boasting about his ambushes against military convoys in Zamfara State.

Narrating his deadly exploits, Dankarami said, “After three months, they brought in soldiers and took them to Dumburum. I allowed them. My house was under the road they passed; I let them.

“I relocated my wives and stayed alone with my boys. One evening, on the fourth day, on their way from Gusau, I dealt with them (soldiers).

“They sent another team and I killed half of them. Another evening, they ambushed my brothers who were bringing me supplies and seized their motorcycles. They joined forces with Niger State. I dealt with them. I’m still here till tomorrow.“No one can arrest me unless I let them. Whatever they (my boys) want to do, they won’t do until I say so. The other day, they went to Zurmi and kidnapped children, small children. I was sleeping at home; they said there were 40 people. I took them back. Since our parents pleaded with us to return the children, did we collect a single naira? Did anyone give us anything?

Apart from Dankarami who relished the killing of security operatives and abduction of innocent people, there are hundreds of other gun-wielding outlaws holding sway in different forests in the North whom the government has tacitly given the licence to kill, steal and destroy.

In Katsina State, bandits have killed over 1,500 citizens, and rustled thousands of livestock while Governor Aminu Masari appears helpless.

He had been pictured with various bandit leaders, who, after collecting huge sums, abandon the so-called amnesty offered by his administration.

The Secretary to the Katsina State Government, Mustapha Inuwa, revealed in July 2020, that the government spent N30m on the last failed amnesty programme.

The fund was used to buy surrendered weapons from ‘repentant bandits’ who went back into crime after deceiving the government.

Five months after vowing never to negotiate again with the bandits, Masari hosted two gang leaders, 30-year-old Sale Turwa and 33-year-old Muhammed Sani Maidaji at the Government House.
Promising a change of heart, the two men surrendered 10 AK-47 rifles to the governor during the meeting which was also attended by the heads of security agencies in the state, including the police, the Department of State Services, and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps.

Speaking at the state police command headquarters last month, the governor asked the residents to defend themselves, noting that the people should not rely on the security agencies to protect them.

Not a few Nigerians were annoyed by the statement from a man who was elected and paid to protect his people.

Rather than tackle the bandits, the Muhammadu Buhari regime appears to be indirectly encouraging an Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, to meet with the bandits frequently.

The cleric has been demanding amnesty for the hoodlums, while also suggesting that they should be engaged to guard the forests.

In Zamfara, rampaging bandits have prevented farmers from going to their farms. This has worsened the famine situation in the state.

The state governor, Bello Mattawalle, hobnobbed with the outlaws, gave them vehicles and money in what appeared like futile efforts to buy them off.Sadly, reports have since indicated that the bandits have been using the donated resources to further their noxious business.

While the government and security agencies are pampering the outlaws who have become more emboldened, the regime has been going after propagators of secession in the country, especially in the South.

Many Nigerians thought the Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, SAN, was about announcing a major breakthrough in the security crisis facing the nation during his hastily arranged press conference a few days ago.

But an apparently happy and satisfied Malami had something else to share.

Sitting behind a battery of microphones, the Minister of Justice triumphantly disclosed that security agencies had apprehended Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra. The news which was short on details brewed speculations on how and where he was arrested and the manner of his extradition.

Some applauded the government for apprehending the Biafra leader, but a huge number of Nigerians argued that the Federal Government should focus on the urgent security situation instead of chasing gnats while the nation implodes.

Mass abductions of students and large-scale killings have assumed pandemic proportions under the Muhammadu Buhari regime.
About 110 female students of the Government Girls’ Science and Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe State were kidnapped on February 19, 2018; on December 11, 2020, over 300 students of the Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State were abducted by bandits.

Source

1 Like

Re: Security Agencies: Ruthless On Agitators, Pampering Bandits, Killer Herdsmen by rolams(m): 7:20am On Jul 10, 2021
A Country like prison!
Re: Security Agencies: Ruthless On Agitators, Pampering Bandits, Killer Herdsmen by Mokason288(m): 7:23am On Jul 10, 2021
grin
Re: Security Agencies: Ruthless On Agitators, Pampering Bandits, Killer Herdsmen by Lawlab2: 7:26am On Jul 10, 2021
Ok
Re: Security Agencies: Ruthless On Agitators, Pampering Bandits, Killer Herdsmen by BeardedMeat(m): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2021
They are businessmen not criminals according to El Rufai.
Re: Security Agencies: Ruthless On Agitators, Pampering Bandits, Killer Herdsmen by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2021
The bandits, Fulani herdsmen, Bokoharam, ISWAP are doing the work of their father, Buhari!
Re: Security Agencies: Ruthless On Agitators, Pampering Bandits, Killer Herdsmen by OKPANAMboy: 9:13am On Jul 10, 2021
I do not wonder what Buhari and his friends are doing to Nigeria, but the unrepentant zombies who still supports him.

(1) (Reply)

Complaint About UBA Deducting My Money / Are Fulani Nigerians/ Fulani Land / IPOB Sit-at-home Order: What Really Happened Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.