Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,716 members, 7,802,164 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park (40129 Views)

Passengers From North Disguised As "Press" Caught At Onitsha Head Bridge At 3am / Inspection Of Passengers’ Manifests At Onitsha Head-Bridge (Photos) / My Terrible Experience With #landstarexpress Motors Luxurious Bus Company. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Alliteration: 7:51am On Jul 10, 2021
Pardon my errors

I traveled yesterday from the southwest to attend a wedding in Owerri. I got to onitsha around 12 noon because of the vehicle. I have been directed to take keke to peace park. I took keke from the park, but the keke guy took I and the lady with me to another pack. On getting there, I was still confused because I didn't see the name 'peace' there. The guys there cut the ticket and wrote 2550 to Owerri... As I was trying to tell him No... Some guys came trying to harass the lady... Creating fear by trying to hijack her bag... So, she ran and said we should pay for the vehicle... The guy took us to the vehicle in disguise that he was trying to protect us saying onitsha is now bad... We paid and met some people in the vehicle.

To cut the story short... That same keke and another kept bringing people for them and they harass them that way. Once u enter that park... U can't go out... U will pay for the ticket under duress. We left there past 2pm....It was later I discovered the driver and vehicle was hijacked too... He was given 1k and they took the rest. The keke guys were positioned for it. They collected double money from some women, made them cry and they paid again. They vehicle was going to owerri, they took bayelsa and Portharcourt passengers and collected huge money but will not go with them.

One of those criminals said they can't be reported to the police because police is a syndicate too... In fact, I discovered that all the people we met in the vehicle were part of the team of criminals. The name on the ticket is 'All Roads park'.

I have not had this experience before... Lagos is not as worse as this from my experience. There is a big park beside this people, and nobody is rebuking them from this evil. They extort, hijack and make women weep. It is a terrible business...

How many of us have encountered such?

Help move to FP to inform newbies in that area

177 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Oluwapresley(m): 8:03am On Jul 10, 2021
They should just burn this country down. It's not worth it. Nigerians are a big problem!

Modified:

I have seen an organization of people work without well thought out systems in place. The people just live and let live and live in peace, harmony and progress.

But you see this Nigeria, even with all of the systems put in place and the ones we will still put in place, the Nigerian man and woman is just a problem and would cause nothing to work.

Just yesterday I went out to get groceries on my street o! Only to see a battalion of youths wielding sticks and extorting money from everyone and anyone on the road all in the name of following a masquerade. Imagine! Extorting people of their hard earned money because they are celebrating a damn culture and parading a damn masquerade.

People started to hurriedly close their shops for fear of being vandalized. They probably closed cox of previous experiences.

And you say Nigerians are not finished?

It will take at least 10 generations to cleanse us from this rot!

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by lilvicky68(m): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2021
One of my colleagues was travelling to Osun from onitsha.. he reached the park by 11am.. before the bus left the park was 8pm..once you pay no refunds..I just dey laugh.. them never jam madman na why that nonsense dey continue..

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by MadamVanessa(f): 8:07am On Jul 10, 2021
Aganju849:

A Brief Preview of Biafra

grin

Isn't it surprising of all the evil that abound in Nigeria you haven't seen a brief preview of it.

But your eyes is sharp enough to see a brief preview of Biafra.

Nonsense .

158 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Keziehenry(m): 8:13am On Jul 10, 2021
I would have said you should go there with a soldier but even soldiers are afraid of onitsha

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Alliteration: 8:27am On Jul 10, 2021
tesseract:
Sorry bro, Onitcha is a cesspool of criminals and street urchins. If you're a newbee in that town, you must have some nasty experiences.
Fake parks, fake passengers, fake policemen in mufti extorting people, pickpockets...just name it.

Seriously... Ah! The driver was lamenting that it was his first time too... He was hijacked

So, i returned to Onitsha today.... I saw him... This is him

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Alliteration: 8:28am On Jul 10, 2021
MadamVanessa:
If this is true, this is very bad. Something Should be done asap.

I thought of reporting the issue, but I was told police will not do anything

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Alliteration: 8:29am On Jul 10, 2021
Keziehenry:
I would have said you go there with a soldier but even soldiers are afraid of onitsha

My thoughts... But it looks highly strange to me... They have set up every machinery to do the evil from keke, to threat to bus to conductors and tickets

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Freestainworld(m): 8:29am On Jul 10, 2021
Even as an Igbo guy, Onitsha is one hell of a place, I remember my phone being snatched from me while I was sitting in a bus traveling to Aba from Onitsha, I laugh each time people talk of Lagos agberos, try and come to Onitsha or Aba, compare them, you will know Onitsha is the worst, even the security agents are working with them because they could be close by but will just pretend as if they didn't see anything because of the kickbacks they receive.

209 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Alliteration: 8:34am On Jul 10, 2021
I initially thought they did it to us because we are from the southwest with language barrier. But, I was dazed when I saw igbo women weeping after extortion communicating in the same language...

Someone collected money and vanished another person will appear to ask another money... U will pay whatever they ask under duress
Why this please?

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Adebaba1(m): 11:45am On Jul 10, 2021
Sad
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Generalwoodz(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2021
That city ruggedity is painfully embarrassing as the security men ain't helping matters.
You are on your own they'll bring trouble
Their notoriety level is high ranked...but once you could make it through the Parks, as a
stranger minding your business is Paramount.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Kingpele(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2021
Nawa that usually the case with some one that doesn't know his or her way,if u want to travel to a place where you never been before,the best thing is to take a drop to wherever you are going ,if u can't afford it don't go ,I can't travel unnecessary this days because of the security situation of the country ..wedding of a friend can't make me risk my life ..u are lucky that they were not kidnappers

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 10, 2021
Double meat...

Use the goat for pepper soup and smoke the Python for later use.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by seunny4lif(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2021
lilvicky68:
One of my colleagues was travelling to Osun from onitsha.. he reached the park by 11am.. before the bus left the park was 8pm..once you pay no refunds..I just dey laugh.. them never jam madman na why that nonsense dey continue..

Problem is that even if you arrest them, nothing will come out of it.
The police work with them because they have share in the money
It’s common practice with Nigeria motor park especially in Onitsha unless you are a military man
Almost similar happened in Kaduna motor park with all those luxury buses as each luxury bus was looking for passengers and I was told the bus will soon move.
I waited for almost 12 hrs from 8am until the bus move at 8PM.

In the western state motor park buses and cars loads passengers one after the other.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by samwillyco1(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2021
Sorry Bros, but next time be wise and rugged. Upper Iweaka is a very bad area for the first timers if you don't change your step to look like that of rugged guy, they bad guys will know that you are a Jonny just come and come after you. Next time ask for help from those street traders, and
Finally, a lesson has been passed, but as a guy you messed up.ooo

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Hcd012: 11:46am On Jul 10, 2021
cheesy
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Goldenheart(m): 11:47am On Jul 10, 2021
It's sad...
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Ayobami7(m): 11:48am On Jul 10, 2021
Na wa ooo
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by ignis: 11:48am On Jul 10, 2021
I had a bitter experience at Upper Iweka Park the last time I traveled to Onitsha. I crossed the road only to be rounded by some agberos claiming I have broken the rule by not using the pedestrian bridge... Meanwhile several people were crossing the road same way I did, I called thier attention to that, and they said they have no business with them.
I started shouting angrily at them, but they were adamant that my fine is #5,000... I ended up giving then #3,000 with abeg abeg..

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 10, 2021
So with all the upheavals going on in the east you still went ahead to risk travelling there?

Well, most people here including me from the East has never and will never encounter such because I chose to stay safe in my house.

I was also shocked on Tuesday when a colleague told me she would be traveling to the east for the summer. I tried to dissuade her but she waved it and told me nothing is happening. Ok!

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by MITCHELL96: 11:49am On Jul 10, 2021
Ehyaaa
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by SoftP(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2021
Q
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by maximunimpact(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Mindlog: 11:50am On Jul 10, 2021
Mine was at Upper Iweka, heading to Lagos! That was the day I realized that mothers with luggage and their young children also play the role of fake passengers! It was some Mopol officers that helped I and other genuine passengers to get our money back from those touts!cheesy

74 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.