Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,960 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park (40128 Views)

Passengers From North Disguised As "Press" Caught At Onitsha Head Bridge At 3am / Inspection Of Passengers’ Manifests At Onitsha Head-Bridge (Photos) / My Terrible Experience With #landstarexpress Motors Luxurious Bus Company. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by bluefilm: 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2021
Alliteration:
Pardon my errors

I traveled yesterday from the southwest to attend a wedding in Owerri. I got to onitsha around 12 noon because of the vehicle. I have been directed to take keke to peace park. I took keke from the park, but the keke guy took I and the lady with me to another pack. On getting there, I was still confused because I didn't see the name 'peace' there. The guys there cut the ticket and wrote 2550 to Owerri... As I was trying to tell him No... Some guys came trying to harass the lady... Creating fear by trying to hijack her bag... So, she ran and said we should pay for the vehicle... The guy took us to the vehicle in disguise that he was trying to protect us saying onitsha is now bad... We paid and met some people in the vehicle.

To cut the story short... That same keke and another kept bringing people for them and they harass them that way. Once u enter that park... U can't go out... U will pay for the ticket under duress. We left there past 2pm....It was later I discovered the driver and vehicle was hijacked too... He was given 1k and they took the rest. The keke guys were positioned for it. They collected double money from some women, made them cry and they paid again. They vehicle was going to owerri, they took bayelsa and Portharcourt passengers and collected huge money but will not go with them.

One of those criminals said they can't be reported to the police because police is a syndicate too... In fact, I discovered that all the people we met in the vehicle were part of the team of criminals. The name on the ticket is 'All Roads park'.

I have not had this experience before... Lagos is not as worse as this from my experience. There is a big park beside this people, and nobody is rebuking them from this evil. They extort, hijack and make women weep. It is a terrible business...

How many of us have encountered such?

Help move to FP to inform newbies in that area

Your story is just all over the place with no atom of sequence in it.

When you calm down from your experience, I hope you will be able to express yourself better.
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by collagiatepaper: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2021
ogbuefi677:

What about Lagos where they stab ppl to death every blessed day in traffic robberies?

When I tell them that Lagos is the worst when it comes to motorpark touting, traffic robberies, etc, they tried to hide and play it down
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by sparko1(m): 1:56pm On Jul 10, 2021
Oh! That place and this transport company IZUCHUKWU my advice don't enter night vehicle there, after all the stunt, the will pack somewhere before ijebu ode, tell you something happened to the vehicle, if you can't wait till tomorrow go to the road, if you decide to stay, you will be robbed that night because it's in the middle of nowhere, the next morning the driver will tell you he was robbed as well, but we all know it was a planned work. (This is not friction but fact, run from that transport company)

If you are unfortunate enough in that situation, leave, don't mind the cost, take a bike to ijebu ode, get an hotel or find your way to Lagos.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by KosiGee(m): 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2021
pheelhip:

That's your problem
All i wanted was to share my experience, your dickhead should have known that was a typo errors.
Have a good life.

Why are you so mad? Is my dickhead responsible for your dyslexia?

Have a good life too.
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Kenfort(m): 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Sorry for your ugly experience. I live in onitsha and had never experienced such harassment. One thing about onitsha is that you have to deploy your common sense always. If you are coming from bridge head, don't enter Keke drop, most of them are criminals. Enter the normal small bus with every other person, avoid anything that will show them that you are new to the town. When you want to make enquiries, ask people inside shops, you are safer that way

6 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
I no longer keep Ibo guys as friends because all my former Ibo friends are self centred and trickish.They want to collect from me either by tricks or as friendship but they don't like to render help for free.Even when I go to the market to buy stuff,I don't keep Ibo business men as regular customers.They are cheats.The only reason I want Biafra is because of the inequality, nepotism,ethnic cleansing,bandits and jihadists going on in this country.One region feels power and not good governance is théir birthright.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by KosiGee(m): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2021
sparko1:
Oh! That place and this transport company IZUCHUKWU my advice don't enter night vehicle there, after all the stunt, the will pack somewhere before ijebu ode, tell you something happened to the vehicle, if you can't wait till tomorrow go to the road, if you decide to stay, you will be robbed that night because it's in the middle of nowhere, the next morning the driver will tell you he was robbed as well, but we all know it was a planned work. (This is not friction but fact, run from that transport company)

If you are unfortunate enough in that situation, leave, don't mind the cost, take a bike to ijebu ode, get an hotel or find your way to Lagos.

Ironically, these fools think they are being smart subjecting their passengers and customers to misery. They are the losers.

Once bitten, twice shy or as we sat in Igbo...Uzo di mma, agaa ya ugboro abuo...if the road/pathway is good/accessible, you’ll walk/drive through it again and again.

Those dodgy companies are ruining their businesses with these shady and unprofessional attitudes. A passenger with a bad experience would never come back. That’s one customer lost and many others who would’ve heard about their operations.

6 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by mygee2(m): 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2021
No wonder people from other part of the country are avoiding IBO land especially Onitsha markets no wonder everyday they are putting their goods for auctions, me that was thinking of settling on onitsha for business I no wan trouble, if IBO's were treated same kano, sokoto they will start crying marginalization, Biafra my Ass

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Prettylima(f): 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
sparko1:

You right the last time I enter their big bus from oshodi after will get to Benin it develope fault we all found a place to stay till the Moring when they now bring another bus never again will I enter izechuku bus

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by focus7: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2021
Alliteration:
Pardon my errors

I traveled yesterday from the southwest to attend a wedding in Owerri. I got to onitsha around 12 noon because of the vehicle. I have been directed to take keke to peace park. I took keke from the park, but the keke guy took I and the lady with me to another pack. On getting there, I was still confused because I didn't see the name 'peace' there. The guys there cut the ticket and wrote 2550 to Owerri... As I was trying to tell him No... Some guys came trying to harass the lady... Creating fear by trying to hijack her bag... So, she ran and said we should pay for the vehicle... The guy took us to the vehicle in disguise that he was trying to protect us saying onitsha is now bad... We paid and met some people in the vehicle.

To cut the story short... That same keke and another kept bringing people for them and they harass them that way. Once u enter that park... U can't go out... U will pay for the ticket under duress. We left there past 2pm....It was later I discovered the driver and vehicle was hijacked too... He was given 1k and they took the rest. The keke guys were positioned for it. They collected double money from some women, made them cry and they paid again. They vehicle was going to owerri, they took bayelsa and Portharcourt passengers and collected huge money but will not go with them.

One of those criminals said they can't be reported to the police because police is a syndicate too... In fact, I discovered that all the people we met in the vehicle were part of the team of criminals. The name on the ticket is 'All Roads park'.

I have not had this experience before... Lagos is not as worse as this from my experience. There is a big park beside this people, and nobody is rebuking them from this evil. They extort, hijack and make women weep. It is a terrible business...

I had this experience at Onitsha in 2006, it was a terrible one. People will be passing bye and they will mind their own business otherwise the boys will attack them.

The Igbos who often talk about agbero in Lagos are aware of this and they won't talk about it. Upper Iweka is a den of hoodlums and daylight robbery

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
MARKone:
Nigeria Democracy, seems to have made a lot of people lawless and above the law. If it were to be a military regime, the level of high-handedness we see this day, you won't see them. All it would have taken OP is to move up to zik round about and report to the soldiers there.
Military regime was not different.If you were born in Lagos you will know.Touts would cut your gold chain in broad day light at Oshodi and nothing would happen.pickpockets and purse snatchers was rampant during the military regime at oshodi,mushin and other parts of Lagos.
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by OLULAW: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
Alliteration:
Pardon my errors

On Sunday, they'll all go to church for mass and continue the cycle of evil from Monday to Saturday. That's your introduction to Igbo land and culture. Only a few days ago I recollected, as if it was yesterday, an experience I had as a 16 year old. I genuinely wanted to purchase my first pair of jeans trouser. As I arrived Oyingbo market, a bunch of middle-age Igbo shop keepers lured me (as I would later realise) into a shop and forced me to buy from them. I told them I wanted to see what's on offer in other kiosks before making up my mind. I was literally told that I either buy from them or won't make it alive out of the closet. I paid for the item and left. By and large, the Igbos are desperate for wealth and it really doesn't matter how you make it.

Before you start calling me Yoruba n gbati, my both parents are Igbos. I was raised partly in Kano (0-14) and later in Lagos (14+)

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by collagiatepaper: 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
Lagos as a whole a den of armed robbers. Motorpark touting has its headquarters in Lagos. Even traffic robbery is a Lagos thing. Something you can never find in Onitsha

focus7:

I had this experience at Onitsha in 2006, it was a terrible one. People will be passing bye and they will mind their own business otherwise the boys will attack them.

The Igbos who often talk about agbero in Lagos are aware of this and they won't talk about it. Upper Iweka is a den of hoodlums and daylight robbery

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Reeberry: 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
Jeferious:
Bros, I be Aba boy to the core, with enough street credibility, from Ngwa Road down to Omuma Road...but my guy, there's a difference between madman/lunatic and a psycho. The touts in Aba are madmen/lunatics, but their counterparts in Onitsha are a notch wilder. They are psychos grin grin. From Upper Iweka to River Niger bridge, I know them wella. Especially those Obosi boys. grin grin grin. They will never use their 6. It's always 7 for them, anytime anyday
This matter is something you use that laughing emoji, when talking. It doesn't make sense.
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by SKhanmi: 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
phorget:

Then you are not been sincere.
Lagos will never get money from you as soon as you enter their vehicle. They will wait till the vehicle is 95percent full before collecting fares and should there be any reason for you not to travel again your money will be refunded without any stress.
Can you say the same thing about your Onitcha?

Don't bother with that guy, he has his head deliberately stuck in the sand. I've been all over the SW and experienced no such nonsense including the park he mentioned. In fact if one is not the stuck up arrogant type, there's a way you will talk with an SW agbero and he would help you out all the way.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Bayonet40: 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2021
Keziehenry:
I would have said you should go there with a soldier but even soldiers are afraid of onitsha
which soldiers are afraid of onitsha. I have seen soldiers Bleep them up severaly, even recently grin

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Obason22(m): 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2021
My experience was a day I was returning from wedding ceremony from omuma in imo state, I got to opper iweka along with one lady we both heading to Edo State, our bus develop fault at about 7:45pm close to God is good park, one guy approach the lady try to snach her bag unknown to him that I was raised from osha, immediately I heard his nkukasi slangs I quickly ran towards him B4 u knew it he started begging and that was it.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by collagiatepaper: 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
SKhanmi:

Don't bother with that guy, he has his head deliberately stuck in the sand. I've been all over the SW and experienced no such nonsense including the park he mentioned. In fact if one is not the stuck up arrogant type, there's a way you will talk with an SW agbero and he would help you out all the way.

Worse things like traffic robberies are happening in southwest. Lagos is headquarters of touts and traffic robberies. You cannot find traffic robbery anywhere in southeast

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by 9jadigiweblink: 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
With the stories I am reading here concerning this state, I am scared of stepping my feet over there, please government should come to their rescue over there , no body should be above the law.
Thank God for nairaland, I won't have known what is going on in that part of the world if not for this site.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Smartjob1(f): 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
Search out Gov. Obiano's facebook page and report this incident. Also report to the Nigerian police through their facebook handle.
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Trojan8(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
collagiatepaper:

I am right now in Onitsha and it is cool. I can confidently tell you that motorpark touting is the same everywhere in Nigeria. Lagos and Ibadan are even worse, particularly Lagos

All you have done on this thread is to attack everybody with an experience to share. If you had one from your time in Lagos, why don't you open a thread and allow people comment? Do you have to disgrace yourself all in a bid to show that you are a son of the soil? What a clown

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Benzemma(m): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2021
Alliteration:
Pardon my errors

Honestly speaking, as an Igbo guy the kind of theft going on in Onitsha is very shameful and embarrassing. I didn't believe that such a thing will be happening in any part of Igbo land. Was thinking it's only in Lagos until they did same thing to me the day I was traveling from Onitsha to Lagos. I realized that Lagos is safer than Onitsha.

In Onitsha, no matter your gender you can't walk both day and night freely without being robbed openly even in crowd area, and nobody will blink his or her eyes.

Last two months ago, i went to upiweka to enter bus that will take me to Lagos. As I was heading to the park, one man was following me asking me if where am going, i told him am going park where I will get a bus to Lagos. He told me that I should come to their park that is 5000k, that there is no road as I can see that every where is blocked and there is no bus. He told me that other Park is charging more than that , but I don't want to agree with him as i already conscious of the happenings around the area. So he followed down to park, immediately i got there, another man who was act to be conductor approached me and was telling to enter bus, i asked how much is Lagos? He said 8,500k immediately he bring out ticket and was given it to me, so i turned to ask the other man that said is 5000k why they are now saying 8500k, to my surprise two other guys rushed me, before then I had already put my hand inside the pocket where I put my android phone. Immediately one of the two guys put his hand inside my pocket to collect the phone, but couldn't get through cos i had already blocked it my own hand. So the man who was giving me the ticket was telling them to leave me alone, they started beating the man.
Then the passenger that was inside the bus, was telling me to enter the first or else they will Robb me.

I entered and paid the said amount. I was inside the watching them do the same to other passengers. I later learnt from the passenger that is what they do to collect money from people, that they work with those bus people after they will collect their own share!

Actually, Lagos is much better than Onitsha. You can't be robbed in public on a broad daylight in Lagos. Something need to be done about it, is getting out of hand.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Euegene100001: 2:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
Na Becos u nor know the ground well that’s y 2k plus to owerri ? No na 7h-1k mass . And those guys in onitcha are the worst set of people on earth the key factor is before u enter any bus look inside once u see funny looking people inside nr pay nr enta .That’s what helped me when I did my nysc in owerri .
Try pretend like u know area nr act like novice at all .

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by YungMillionaire: 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ndigbo lets blame Tinubu and McOluomo for this.

4 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by estheI(f): 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2021
collagiatepaper:

No mind the clownish yorrober man. He purposely put "southwest". Who doesn't know that Lagos is the most dangerous place in Nigeria
you're a fool and a very big one

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by eskimoeze: 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2021
ignis:
I had a bitter experience at Upper Iweka Park the last time I traveled to Onitsha. I crossed the road only to be rounded by some agberos claiming I have broken the rule by not using the pedestrian bridge... Meanwhile several people were crossing the road same way I did, I called thier attention to that, and they said they have no business with them.
I started shouting angrily at them, but they were adamant that my fine is #5,000... I ended up giving then #3,000 with abeg abeg..
they crossed me immediately I came out from relief market and was going to Lagos park. I jejely dropped my bags and told them we all will die here, as I threatened, they know there's no way they will extort money from me and they left one by one. They will first observe you before approaching you.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by ogbuefi677(m): 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
Denko2721987:

Onitsha has one if not the worst criminal syndicates operating around motor parks and its cities in the world.. I got attacked by a group of boys at around 7pm last year December on transit to delta issues with the car that was to take me straight to delta to the glaring eyes of everyone in their vehicles and passersby on the road and they beat me up and succeeded in taking my phone from my pocket while i was struggling with them from taking my bag containing my laptop and hard drive harbouring all my life's work. I thank God they couldnt snatch the bag from me becos it would have been so devastating to me. If u are new to Onitsha, be very very careful. I also suspect that they target non-indigenes the most and there is a strong conspiracy of silence going on in that place to maintain the huge criminal enterprise over there. And the strangest thing in all this is that there are military and police manned check points everywhere yet this criminality continues unabated so definitely, the security system is also involved to make it a frightening systematic criminal enterprise.

Sorry 4 ur experience bro but in all honesty it has no tribal connotation.We Igbos comprise 99% of the victims.The snag is don't appear to not be familiar with the environment.U know Onitsha is a big commercial town with tens of thousands of visitors daily.
If you had observed carefully you will see police vehicles and checkpoints everywhere around where you were extorted.
Report them to the police,police will tell u to go and pay up,you can confirm by reading backwards on this thread where others shared their experience.
Unfortunately, Onitsha is a very big commercial town with the attendant no-man's-land characteristics.
Do you know that when unknown gunmen started evangelism and sacking police stations, crimes reduced to almost zero in Onitsha, d few that dared were roasted like goats?
Ask any person who is an insider in police matters,POLICEMEN PAY HUGE BRIBES TO BE POSTED TO THE SOUTHEAST especially Onitsha cos of this.
A policeman prefers to be on the streets of Onitsha than inside an air-conditioned office in Abuja.
In d early days of Obiano,these same touts dare not even greet you good morning cos police will arrest them immediately.It was said Obiano told ppl his 1st ever car was snatched at Upper Iweka so the place must be like a church premises.I don't know what changed along the line.
I'm not absolving the locals from blame but everybody will attempt to breach the law for financial gains if there are no repercussions eg d way the hitherto honest northerners suddenly went full scale into kidnapping,cattle rustling,banditry etc.
I apologise for your terrible experience once again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by collagiatepaper: 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
Trojan8:

All you have done on this thread is to attack everybody with an experience to share. If you had one from your time in Lagos, why don't you open a thread and allow people comment? Do you have to disgrace yourself all in a bid to show that you are a son of the soil? What a clown

You are the one disgracing yourself. My point is that Lagos is the worst in Africa when it comes to motorpark touts

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by collagiatepaper: 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
estheI:
I am a fool and a very big one

I should have known
Re: My Terrible Experience At Onitsha Motor Park by Trojan8(m): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
collagiatepaper:

You are the one disgracing yourself. My point is that Lagos is the worst in Africa when it comes to motorpark touts

OK, what next? Does this negate the story that people have a shared and my personal experience about Onitsha? You would just give yourself hypertension for no reason.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) / I'm Traveling By Air For The First Time And I Don't Know What To Do / Welcome To Asaba Waterfront City Project (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.