Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? (533 Views)

Why Are Fathers Not Celebrated On Social Media As Mothers / Why Are Fathers Neglected Why Mothers Are Remembered / Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? by JayCynic(m): 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
I ask this question because of an occurrence that took place three days ago when my younger sibling came back from school. Its his first year in the University and the first time we've seen him in over 9 months. My dad pays EVERY domestic bill, fees etc and caters to all our financial needs. He keeps in touch with us when we are away at school and is eager to help us with any challenge we face academically. That being said, my brother arrived home on Wednesday with loads of stuff like bread, pastries, groundnuts and little stuffs he bought for my mum, with absolutely nothing for my dad. My dad didn't express it but I could tell he didn't feel great about it and I felt bad for him. My mom does equally well for us, loads of emotional support, spiritual support and financial chip-ins here and there.

They both love us, do and want the best for us. But why don't dads get appreciated remotely in the same frequency as moms?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? by NwaAmaikpe: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
shocked

It's inevitable.
To scheme or emotionally manipulate their husbands, women make themselves appear victims and over time this image is ingrained in the child who feels he is indebted to his mom for all her sacrifices for the home.

Kids never know what happens behind the scenes. The father does the work but the mother moans the loudest.
The dad provides for the home while the mom allocates it to the kids.

If not that a man has to reproduce so that he can have descendants some kids will make you wish you didn't have a child.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? by arkonpoint: 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2021
That's a man's world I guess. Funny enough your brother will understand the man's pain later in life.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? by radicalove(f): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2021
The reason may be BECAUSE, what the mother sees , knows and ignores about the man due to societal nonsense......the same child sees them, knows and keeps it for future reference.....
Re: Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? by Kondomatic(m): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2021
radicalove:
The reason may be BECAUSE, what the mother sees , knows and ignores about the man due to societal nonsense......the same child sees them, knows and keeps it for future reference.....
Kids misunderstand father's love.

The struggle to put food on the table hardly give men enough time for their kids. Now that both parents work for the same purpose, kids now like their fathers more.

Some wives are manipulators.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? by eyinjuege: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2021
JayCynic:
I ask this question because of an occurrence that took place three days ago when my younger sibling came back from school. Its his first year in the University and the first time we've seen him in over 9 months. My dad pays EVERY domestic bill, fees etc and caters to all our financial needs. He keeps in touch with us when we are away at school and is eager to help us with any challenge we face academically. That being said, my brother arrived home on Wednesday with loads of stuff like bread, pastries, groundnuts and little stuffs he bought for my mum, with absolutely nothing for my dad. My dad didn't express it but I could tell he didn't feel great about it and I felt bad for him. My mom does equally well for us, loads of emotional support, spiritual support and financial chip-ins here and there.

They both love us, do and want the best for us. But why don't dads get appreciated remotely in the same frequency as moms?

He didn't buy anything personal for your mum. Or perhaps you can clarify what you mean by little stuffs?
He bought foodstuff, which I'm sure all of you including your father would partake of.
He gave them to your mum because she's the one in charge of food affairs in the home.
I didnt see you write He bought her a wrist watch, or bag or anything for her personal use.
Is she the only one to eat the bottle/packs of groundnut and bread he brought?
Those are not personal gifts for your mum, but gifts for the household including yourself.
Perhaps when he buys real gifts for your mum and non for your dad, you can start complaining

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? by Klass99(f): 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
smiley

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? by Biglittlelois(f): 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2021
I did not see any personal items your brother bought, he bought provisions and pastries that everyone will eat from including your father, no? He gave it to your mother because of the overall funny assumptions that women/mothers/wives are in charge of food stuffs and the kitchen, would you have preferred he gave it to your dad who will eventually give it to your mum? what is the difference? Next time, tell him to buy personal items for your dad so he will be happy, very simple.

And next time, dont disturb us with your hasty generalisation from your one time personal experience just to prove a baseless point.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? by WibusJaga: 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2021
Mothers are closer & appeal more to your sentiments.
Re: Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? by JayCynic(m): 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
eyinjuege:

He didn't buy anything personal for your mum. Or perhaps you can clarify what you mean by little stuffs?
He bought foodstuff, which I'm sure all of you including your father would partake of.
He gave them to your mum because she's the one in charge of food affairs in the home.
I didnt see you write He bought her a wrist watch, or bag or anything for her personal use.
Is she the only one to eat the bottle/packs of groundnut and bread he brought?
Those are not personal gifts for your mum, but gifts for the household including yourself.
Perhaps when he buys real gifts for your mum and non for your dad, you can start complaining

You have a point if we were talking about just the items bought, thing is, though he might not have expressly said they were for my mom, but you could see the gesture and demeanor was directed towards my mum's pleasure. He could care less what me or my dad thought, long as my mum was happy.
It was directed to my mum's pleasure
Re: Why Are Fathers Underappreciated? by StreetFight: 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2021
I love my daddy more than any other human on earth before I had my own kids. Even my mummy and siblings know this because I see for myself that my daddy made lots of sacrifices for us.

Now, I make sure my kids see the sacrifices that I am making for them. It's obvious my kids appreciate me. I have no doubt that they love me more than their mummy, even their mummy is jealous of this, but it can't change. I understood women's manipulative acts very early in my life.

I cannot be paying 99% of the bills and then get only 1% credit. Even God disapproves that.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Need Friends In Abuja / Urgent Relocation Sales / You Contributed To My Marital Woes To FFK, Precious Chikwendu To Pastor Emmanuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.