Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. (1045 Views)

Moment Terrified Mum Saw Her Jobless 17yr Old Son's N50m Mercedes Benz -pics/vid / My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash / Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by mutter(f): 5:17pm On Jul 10, 2021
For the first time I talk to my 9 year old son about his autism.
He didn't know the word but he knew all along that he was different.
A look at his struggle to find a place and his heart melting advice to people at the end.
Please support him by leaving words of encouragement in the comment section of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPj2Z4GgttQ

6 Likes

Re: Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by NwaAmaikpe: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
shocked

He is really cute and doesn't even look autistic.
Autistic folks are really talented with specialized body parts. For Messi, it's his legs, for Warhol and Mozart, it was their fingers, for Tesla and Newton, their brains.
With the way he brings out his tongue, I think that's where his talents lie.

With those looks and a good use of his tongue, he will have the world in his palms and make good money too.
Don't start thinking dirty, I mean he should train as a motivational coach.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by eherbal(m): 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
grin
Re: Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by Ahmed0336(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2021
Damn!!!

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Autistic folks are really talented with specialized body parts. For Messi, it's his legs, for Warhol and Mozart, it was their fingers, for Tesla and Newton, their brains.

With those looks and a good use of his tongue, he will have the world in his palms and make good money too.

I was actually thinking dirty.
Your ways no dey ever straight so don't blame me
Re: Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by realtalk19: 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
mutter:
For the first time I talk to my 9 year old son about his autism.
He didn't know the word but he knew all along that he was different.
A look at his struggle to find a place and his heart melting advice to people at the end.
Please support him by leaving words of encouragement in the comment section of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPj2Z4GgttQ

All I can say is he is a sweet ,intelligent and very smart kid. He's special and a genius already. Well done mama. #lotsoflove#

1 Like

Re: Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by Regex: 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by dazzlingd(m): 8:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Lmao getat!
Re: Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by wumi2017(f): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2021
He's such a cute boy ,,you are specially made baby boy

1 Like

Re: Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by sisisioge: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
Beautiful people....he is a handsome young man without the telltale look of autistic kids. May God continue to bless him, you and everyone you love.
Re: Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
He's doing well but still can't maintain eye contact.

Maybe you should take him to a school where they care for children with special needs. There they are taught very great interaction skills and eye contact.
I Watched a documentary of a white boy who told the interviewer that he was taught the eye contact thing in school and hes doing great.
Re: Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by mutter(f): 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2021
CharisEleos:
He's doing well but still can't maintain eye contact.

Maybe you should take him to a school where they care for children with special needs. There they are taught very great interaction skills and eye contact.
I Watched a documentary of a white boy who told the interviewer that he was taught the eye contact thing in school and hes doing great.

The challange is that the special needs school don't follow the normal school syllabus in Germany.
The only school that is specially for only autistic children is over an hour away and there have been some bad reports about the school.
If not for the covid lockdown I would have started him on another therapy
They have such for older kids to teach them such things like eye contact.

The school specially for autistic children is over an hour away and even they don't follow the normal school syllabus.
Germany is lagging behind with autism.

The other challange is that although they have some similarities all autistic children are different.
My son was one year in a special needs, I had to remove him because academically it was a desaster. They taught them 2 alphabets and 2 numbers the whole year and at home he was reading and doing plus and minus.
It was so frustrating. He loved the school and the programs buti just couldn't leave him there.
Re: Autism - My 9 Year Old Son Speaks About His Struggles. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2021
mutter:

The school specially for autistic children is over an hour away and even they don't follow the normal school syllabus.
Germany is lagging behind with autism.

The other challange is that although they have some similarities all autistic children are different.
My son was one year in a special needs, I had to remove him because academically it was a desaster. They taught them 2 alphabets and 2 numbers the whole year and at home he was reading and doing plus and minus.
It was so frustrating. He loved the school and the programs buti just couldn't leave him there.

Oh... I see. It's understandable now.

Good thing you withdrew him from there because with such low standards, it would have been a huge setback for him coupled with his challenge arleady.
He needs to be in a place where he can be doing more to sharpen his mental ability.

Ok, then. Hope he begins the therapy soon, so he can get the hang of it in no time.

The Lord is your strength ma'am.

(1) (Reply)

See One Reason Why Africans - Nigerians Are Stupid / Join Happy Couples Intl / What Would You Do In My Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.