Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,616 members, 7,801,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable (14417 Views)

Femi Adesina: Nigeria Needs A Leader With Iron And Steel / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Would Have Been Dead And Gone If Buhari Wasn’t Elected / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Built On False Foundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by olibeans: 7:44am On Jul 11, 2021
You're contradicting yourself with too much grammar.

Since we cannot co-exist in peace and prosperity, perhaps we can if we splinter and part our ways.

We are a blessed people no doubt, rich in abundance of both human and material resources but the hopelessness in the land and amongst its youths tells you that our cohesion is not to our best advantage..

You cannot be saying this where a few octogenarians control the wealth and opportunities in this country while the youths in their large numbers seek the internet to commit fraud to survive.

That is for those who are cool headed enough not to join agitations or armed robbery because of the frustrating economy in the midst of plenty.

Our leaders keep borrowing billions in dollars and we don't see the money or it's impact on the economy.

We are drowning in inflation and debt and it will never stop until we all drop dead unless something radical happens to redirect the affairs of this great country and change the narrative to the betterment of it's citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by BabbanBura(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Nigerias-poverty-situation-unacceptable-AfDB-President-Adesina-says

Excellent piece, pure raw truth, unfortunately they are deft and dumb. Not that the ears do not function, they have filters, they bounce back truths such as this, truths they hate to hear, because they are deaf. Not that the ears do not function, they are bent on arrogantly doing everything contrary to your words, the truth, the raw truth!

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by iLegendd(m): 8:15am On Jul 11, 2021
Laughable

You people always know what we deserve, but your colleagues in power don't do them.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Toks12345(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2021
Una go hear more from him (Adesina) as 2023 approaches. Na today him no say poverty wan kill people. Just simply tell us say if you are elected president come 2023, you will perform miracles. Ye ye dey smell , abeg.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Lightorder: 9:19am On Jul 11, 2021
But they have taken mnk into custody nau
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:33am On Jul 11, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Don't let Osibanjo hear that from your mouth ooo, the man is always lifting Nigerians out of poverty every year on the pages of newspapers.
All they do is to talk talk and talk!
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Splashme: 10:28am On Jul 11, 2021
Sad
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by kclee(m): 10:32am On Jul 11, 2021
We need quality leadership.

Get your Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) at ease. Valid travel documents (visa and ticket) holders pleased contact me. Access up to $4,000.00 for your travels. https://www.nairaland.com/kclee
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by seyz91(m): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2021
cheesy
Daveambition:
He stated, “I speak to you today as a Nigerian. As I have quite often said, I will live as a Nigerian, die as a Nigerian, and on the resurrection morning, I will ask God for permission to rise as a Nigerian, with the green-white-green flag in my hand!

Haaba
Olorun maje...
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by seyz91(m): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2021
cheesy abi
Tinubuadvocate:
He stated, “I speak to you today as a Nigerian. As I have quite often said, I will live as a Nigerian, die as a Nigerian, and on the resurrection morning, I will ask God for permission to rise as a Nigerian, with the green-white-green flag in my hand!

That's language of elites those who enjoying Nigeria. Can someone who going to bed with empty stomach say this? Some dont even have a place to sleep .
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Ovamboland(m): 10:46am On Jul 11, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:

That's language of elites those who enjoying Nigeria. Can someone who going to bed with empty stomach say this? Some dont even have a place to sleep .

The hundreds of thousands of homeless Americans, when are they relocating to Nigeria so they can have houses in Maitama district or Parkview estate? Have they denounced America that made them homeless and sleeping on the streets, or have they called on Nigeria to come and save them from an oppressive policies?
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by ogbuefi677(m): 11:14am On Jul 11, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:

Father God in heaven, I praise your holy name for the repentance of this ZoneB.
All praise and honour belong to you,God in heaven.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by careytommy37(m): 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2021
Daveambition:

Haaba
Olorun maje...

Baba wants to condemn himself to eternal damnation. cheesy
Thank God it is written that no man has the power to condemn himself

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by luluman: 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2021
ARejjat:
shocked WOW! Land a lucrative I.T Job in 2021. Grab this I.T MEGA BUNDLE and Go from ZERO to HERO in just 6 months. 20% discount expires tomorrow.
|==============>WhatsApp Me if interested<==============|
show your handwork on www.deoconnectglobal.com

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by adenigga(m): 12:39pm On Jul 11, 2021
ogbuefi677:

Yeeee.....

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by roddy15: 12:49pm On Jul 11, 2021
A government that doesn't subsidize food stuff for her citizens makes policies of impoverishment.

Nigeria creates and innovates poverty each day as her culture and tradition and wouldn't want a change, like they say "we will always have the poor among us" whether for the purpose of compelling or controlling some set of people I don't understand.

You have to live with it for as long as you are a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Tinubuadvocate: 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2021
Aha
ogbuefi677:

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Tinubuadvocate: 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
You will think you have sense with this nonsense you wrote.Any American citizens that homeless caused it by he/she yes I know what am saying. Even those who can't works are givenmoney either monthlyorweekly to pay their bills and if you are homeless there's still a shelter free food in some organization sponsor by missionary. In Illinois I can count 6 places you can sleep for a whole 2 years and free food both morningandevening free medical care.
Ovamboland:

The hundreds of thousands of homeless Americans, when are they relocating to Nigeria so they can have houses in Maitama district or Parkview estate? Have they denounced America that made them homeless and sleeping on the streets, or have they called on Nigeria to come and save them from an oppressive policies?

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Masterchef(m): 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
adenigga:

“Nigerians deserve wealth, not poverty. For all the abundant wealth of natural resources, Nigeria’s poverty situation is unacceptable. Today, sadly, there are way too many poor people in Nigeria. The Government is implementing bold social programmess to reduce the number of poor, through interventionist programmes, but the fact of the matter is poverty is not just about money.”

Adeshina and others who speak from both sides of the mouth are also part of Nigeria's problem. The fact is the government is doing nothing!

Meanwhile, other countries are deliberately growing up

https://northafricapost.com/50958-moroccos-ymmy-finance-holding-wins-deal-to-develop-nigers-capital-for-3-3-bln.html

https://guardian.ng/news/niger-exports-fuel-to-nigeria-as-egypt-algeria-build-13-refineries/

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/02/02/ford-expand-south-african-manufacturing.html#:~:text=PRETORIA%2C%20South%20Africa%2C%202%20February,year%20history%20in%20South%20Africa

https://nairametrics.com/2021/04/23/hyundai-and-kia-to-set-up-an-assembly-plants-in-ghana-by-2022/

https://www.volkswagenag.com/en/news/2020/08/Volkswagen_vehicle_assembly_facility_in_Ghana.html#

https://tribuneonlineng.com/toyota-opens-vehicles-assembly-plant-in-ghana/
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by handiriwamadi(m): 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Nigerias-poverty-situation-unacceptable-AfDB-President-Adesina-says
we are always good in holding workshops and seminars where we speak grammars at the end nothing good will come out of it. You know our problems, why not advise your follow leaders to stop embezzling public funds because of greed and selfishness. good governance will go a long way to reduce the poverty rates in the land Sir.

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Tundex911: 2:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
Action is better than talkie talkie...

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh

1 Like

Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by EMMY76: 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
This man is one of yorubas greatest export he doesn't even look like a nigerian just looks like a black american. These are some of nigerian finest technocrats that's supposed to be leading nigeria if nigeria was to be a serious country that placed value on merit in leadership not all these useless wicked fulani abokis that's holding nigeria hostage.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Gfskw: 5:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
Oh
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by calcal: 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2021
but the fact of the matter is poverty is not just about money

I agreed with him on the above.

In the USA, a lot of people are poor but they are still living a decent life because the system is working for most people
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by calcal: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2021
“Nigeria is blessed with incredibly rich diversity: of people, of cultures, of religions, of mineral resources, oil, and gas, amazingly rich biodiversity, that should make us the envy of the world. We are blessed with abundantly diverse agro-ecologies that should also make us a land of bountiful harvests with the capacity to feed Africa.

How do you manage the diversity?

The politicians will say if properly manage, how do you manage it?

is it by quota system? of course NO

is it by lying? of course NO

We need to learn from developed countries like the USA, Russia with different ethnic groups.

After the USA proclaimed independence, the whites were on top of the country affairs, Ran and developed the country then later start to include others. They did not start with a quota system.

If we want to move this country forward, The Yoruba and Igbo should be given this country for 100 years to rule 100%, all institutions, then later to includes others. it sounds funny but that's the truth.

Even today most of the research institutes in America are headed by whites, I am not saying others are not good at it but the leading forces need to be recognized with.

Until we recognize the leading forces in Nigeria, drop the ego and allows them to develop this country we are not going anywhere.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by lauryy(f): 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
He lamented that 38.5 percent of Nigerian youths are unemployed, “lacking skills, economic opportunities, discouraged, angry and restless,” adding, “they look at a future that does not give them hope.”

It is becoming worrisome, affording real food for the family is now hard because cost of common food now is extremely high.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by zoedew: 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2021
Speaking up.
Re: Akinwumi Adesina: Nigeria’s Poverty Situation Is Unacceptable by Maestrowmg(m): 11:48pm On Jul 11, 2021
Facts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Worst Southern Christian Better Than PURITANICAL Northern Muslim – Shettima / Bandits Release 7 Victims To Raise Over N20m Ransom For Others In FCT / 2023: APC Considers Court Action Over Inec’s Omission Of Lawan, Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.