Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

Toolshed Ideas! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toolshed Ideas! (1161 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toolshed Ideas! by Piyke: 8:07am On Jul 11, 2021
I should be switching accommodation and plan to get a small toolshed in the backyard. Between 3.5 - 5sqm should be good and it has to be a portable unit or at least not made of brick and motar.

I already got some discouraging quotes from those guys that fabricate container homes... 1.4M for the tiny size I described. lipsrsealed

Any ideas?

1 Like

Re: Toolshed Ideas! by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:47am On Jul 11, 2021
Piyke:
I should be switching accommodation and plan to get a small toolshed in the backyard. Between 3.5 - 5sqm should be good and it has to be a portable unit or at least not made of brick and motar.

I already got some discouraging quotes from those guys that fabricate container homes... 1.4M for the tiny size I described. lipsrsealed

Any ideas?

Gradually your calling is revealing it's self. Next you go de find warehouse for the real deal.

1 Like

Re: Toolshed Ideas! by Piyke: 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Gradually your calling is revealing it's self. Next you go de find warehouse for the real deal.

Lol. Thanks boss.
Re: Toolshed Ideas! by sultaan(m): 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
You can try to to build one yourself with with a drawing online and a local carpenter.
You may have to be there to pick quality wood, sand, interlocking brick or clay for floor.

I am sure there are how to videos online you can use to guide your carpenter

1 Like

Re: Toolshed Ideas! by Piyke: 7:50pm On Jul 11, 2021
sultaan:
You can try to to build one yourself with with a drawing online and a local carpenter.
You may have to be there to pick quality wood, sand, interlocking brick or clay for floor.

I am sure there are how to videos online you can use to guide your carpenter

Thanks a lot for chimming in boss. Not too sure if one would get presentable wood that would withstand the elements and still look good. I wish pine wood was available and affordable in Naija. I will consult a couple capenters and see what they say.

Also been thinking of aluminium fabrication (sliding window guys) as an option. Will survey this too.

1 Like

Re: Toolshed Ideas! by Conner44: 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
try to go out and look for any small sized abandoned container shop in your area, those types used by people to sell small items like provisions, etc and buy it cheap.

you can use cement for the floor and call a carpenter to build shelves, windows etc and put ceiling boards with a good roof over it. this is cheaper and faster than building anything from scratch as wood prices ain't cheap plus aluminium lasts longer too (unless you want to build with bricks)

finding one to buy and trnsport to your backyard shouldn't be too hard in this buhari period where small and large businesses have been packing up anyhow recently.

3 Likes

Re: Toolshed Ideas! by Piyke: 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2021
Conner44:
try to go out and look for any small sized abandoned container shop in your area, those types used by people to sell small items like provisions, etc and buy it cheap.

you can use cement for the floor and call a carpenter to build shelves, windows etc and put ceiling boards with a good roof over it. this is cheaper and faster than building anything from scratch as wood prices ain't cheap plus aluminium lasts longer too (unless you want to build with bricks)

finding one to buy and trnsport to your backyard shouldn't be too hard in this buhari period where small and large businesses have been packing up anyhow recently.

Thanks a lot. I will come back to update.

1 Like

Re: Toolshed Ideas! by Kirkman: 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
Piyke:

Thanks a lot. I will come back to update.
We shall be waiting sir grin
Re: Toolshed Ideas! by Piyke: 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2023
Update!

Thought to share that I finally settled for one of these portacabin. Will also double for a store for some excesses around the house.

Will update as things progress. Thanks again to everyone that offered suggestions.

2 Likes

Re: Toolshed Ideas! by jceesquare(m): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
Piyke:
Update!

Thought to share that I finally settled for one of these portacabin. Will also double for a store for some excesses around the house.

Will update as things progress. Thanks again to everyone that offered suggestions.
This looks nice.
You mind sharing what material it's made of and estimated cost?
Re: Toolshed Ideas! by Piyke: 4:18pm On Jul 04, 2023
jceesquare:

This looks nice.
You mind sharing what material it's made of and estimated cost?

Thanks. Material is polystyrene sandwich panel, one of the options for prefabricated houses.
Cost really depends on location. I saw quotes as high as 2.4m and over. I got mine for much much less. We are finalising the build and I chose a few extras, will know final cost once complete.
Current status is below

2 Likes

Re: Toolshed Ideas! by Piyke: 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2023
Moving things inside...

Yet to install shelves. Already got a pegboard but just haven't gotten to installing it!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Truck/tipper For Sale / Are You Into Transport Logistics Or Haulage / Help Me Choose Btw Toyota Corolla 1999 Or Camry 1999 Model For My 1st Car...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.