Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) (33078 Views)

God Does Not Live In Heaven - Pastor Abel Damina (Video) / Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) / Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Goodnigga: 9:08pm On Jul 11, 2021
That's why Christians should read their bibles and not rely on human interpretation. I have currently 65 versions of the English bible alone. When I study now, I can look up a scripture in at least 20 versions for clearer understanding. The said MOG is always trying to sound politically correct scripturally and this can lead many astray. Anything that doesn't edify or correct in love should be jettisoned. What's the essence of this message now? To edify the body of Christ? No? To correct a falling christian or a win a sinner? No. To confuse many or as a show of knowledge? Yes
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Offpoint1: 9:10pm On Jul 11, 2021
collinsfhk:
It simply means he does not believe the bible itself. Not surprised though.

Revelation 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

19:4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
You clearly missed the part he said the Bible were written by men... It doesn't matter if you quote verses, he is still right.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Ayomivic(m): 9:10pm On Jul 11, 2021
onthehill:

https://igberetvnews.com/1395328/pastor-abel-damina-hallelujah-heavenly-language-video/

Fake pastors seeking wealth everywhere.

He didn't read the bible, how can that person be a pastor?

I am sorry for his congregation
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
Krismas:
coolFalse. It applies ONLY to the Apostles
So all what Jesus Christ taught belongs only to the apostles? undecided
How did you arrive at that conclusion? undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Offpoint1: 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
Hier:

Dude, give your life to Christ
He asked you showed him were Jesus spoke in tongue, kindly do... I'm interested too.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by hupernikao: 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
sad Just when I was beginning to like this MOG, he suddenly begins to dish out strange utterances. Hallelujah isn't a heavenly word, and so what? If all Christians unite to use it, strictly for the purpose of praising God is it bad? How about words like "praise the Lord", "hail the King of Kings", "magnify his name", etc, are they heavenly words? Ok oooo

But he wasn't wrong.

You will need to address the very issue he raised. He never said don't praise God or sing hallelujah. Halleluyah itself means praise God. That wasn't the issue raised there.

The issue is, is Halleluyah a language from heaven or a human language.

The word hallelujah is an Hebrew word, human language, use by man in communication. Not just in the scriptures. It's an Hebrew word you will find in their contemporary and secular writing. It's just like an English man expressing himself and say "praise God". Singing Halleluyah is heavenly language is like saying the word origin or usage is from heaven. That won't be true and I am sure saying this in front of an Hebrew man will present the person as unintelligent.

You don't tell the owner of language what their language means. The Bible never called hallelujah heavenly language. Bible only use the word praise God, which the way the Hebrew writer could interpret it is Halleluyah and can mean any other thing in your own language.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by collinsfhk(m): 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2021
Offpoint1:

You clearly missed the part he said the Bible were written by men... It doesn't matter if you quote verses, he is still right.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by hupernikao: 9:18pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ayomivic:

You should address the issue. Fake or not fake is not the issue here. Not good leaving the wound and looking for a scratch.

Is hallelujah heavenly language? What scriptures present such? Are the heavens Hebrew speakers? For them to be using Halleluyah. This is the focus of the thread.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ofcourse they are all antichrist in there declarations . So how can a one who is against Jesus Christ be said to know the Truth of Jesus Christ. undecided

P.S. the Context here is the Kingdom of God. You dont go out to unbelievers to tell them that the word father used in reference to a man on earth is against God. This rule applies to those who belong to Jesus Christ. undecided

You mean the early custodians, theologians and those who worked and died in the cause of compiling the Bible are all antichrists?
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2021
khadaffi:

That is why I said you have a lot to learn from them. My brother they are the custodian of this scriptures you are quoting. Do you know that? If not for them that scripture you are quoting you won't even know it existed. Guess what? There are more scriptures that weren't included in the bible you read that they have access to. I'm not doubting what you wrote though but don't forget apostle Paul started the madness of spiritual father. What I'm talking of is learning to educate yourself. Don't let pride limit you to the little you already know making you feel you already know all.
Who made them the custodian of your scriptures? undecided

Paul's sins against the Word of God, Jesus Christ, are Paul's and he will be made to answer for it. If your "custodians of scripture" could not see this, then why do you put your trust in them and their claims? undecided

If you are educated by a one who is Himself ignorant of God's Truth, of what real value is this education you claim of any good where God and the things of God are concerned? undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by deeva2: 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
MULTIPLE DOCTRINES AND SELF BELIEVES ARE THE MAJOR PROBLEM OF OUR CHURCHES THEREBY CAUSING DIVISION AMONGS CHRISTIANS
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Offpoint1: 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
collinsfhk:

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
This is the problem with you guys, lack of understanding.

There's a different between WRITTEN and INSPIRED.

Fact remains none of you or me knows it was INSPIRED by God... Whatever you know was passed down to you.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by DavidEsq(m): 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
When we people scream praise the Lord, what is usually the reply? Is it not hallelujah? Or Amen..... undecided
What exactly is being discussed here, that this reply should apply to, if I may ask?
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by hupernikao: 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2021
collinsfhk:

Did God use heavenly ink to write the scriptures?

Saying scriptures are written by men doesn't take away the inspiration of God.

That verse you quoted never said God wrote the scriptures. It said God inspired it.

God used men, inspired men to write. So men was the vessel God use to write the scriptures.

That is very clear in the Bible.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2021
webshopNG:

You mean the early custodians, theologians and those who worked and died in the cause of compiling the Bible are all antichrists?
God uses when Satan to accomplish His Will. That doesn't then mean you should listen to Satan or pay attention to him now, does it? undecided

God said in Jeremiah 17 vs 5 that cursed is any man who puts his trust in another man and makes flesh and blood his strength. When you put your trust in those you call your custodians, you become no different from those who put their trust in Satan himself...cursed. undecided

So you have a big decision to make here. Do you trust wholly in the God and the Word of God, Jesus Christ, or do you trust in men and their lies aka Satan ? undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
Goodnigga:
That's why Christians should read their bibles and not rely on human interpretation. I have currently 65 versions of the English bible alone. When I study now, I can look up a scripture in at least 20 versions for clearer understanding. The said MOG is always trying to sound politically correct scripturally and this can lead many astray. Anything that doesn't edify or correct in love should be jettisoned. What's the essence of this message now? To edify the body of Christ? No? To correct a falling christian or a win a sinner? No. To confuse many or as a show of knowledge? Yes
That no be mission wey Jesus Christ send anyone though. undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by khadaffi(m): 9:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Paul's sins against the Word of God, Jesus Christ, are Paul's and he will be made to answer for it. If your "custodians of scripture" could not see this, then why do you put your trust in them and their claims? undecided

If you are educated by a one who is Himself ignorant of God's Truth, of what real value is this education you claim of any good where God and the things of God are concerned? undecided

If you don't know the Catholic were the custodian of the scriptures prior to when the bible was compiled then I shouldn't be talking to you. Go and do your research then come back when your sense is balanced. And also I don't believe in any church or God per say. I'm sure you're confusing me with someone
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Dandal: 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
This may shock many Christians, but the word Hallelujah as in Revelation 19:1 means Praise be to Allah.

Yes, no one has been able to eliminate the name "ALLAH" from the originals of the Bible. For starters, the letter "Jah" is a latinized version of "Yah", as the letter "J" does not occur in Hebrew or Arabic language. Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages, when making exclamatory statements, they both start with the exclamation word "Yah". The Westerner on the other hands ends with an exclamation.

YA AKHI! (OH MY BROTHER!)
YA OMI! (OH MY MOTHER!)
Ya ALLAH! O Allah!

So Hallelujaaah! Is: "Ya Allalu, Ya Allalu"
Ya Allahu! Ya Allahu!
Ya Allahu! Ya Allahu!

To make words sound non-Jewish, the westerner , due to inferiority complex or perhaps to make the 'new' religion of christianity 'palatable' to westerners, have latinized jewish phonetics where ever they occur in the Bible, replacing "Y" with "J", and "W" with "V".

Yehuda changed to Judah
Yusuf changed to Joseph
Yunus changed to Jonah
Yeheshua changed to Joshua
Yehowa changed to Jehovah
Yehudi changed to Jewish

YHWH changed to JHVH

YHWH became Yahweh and JHVH became Jehovah! Jehovah Witnesses say that the Letters YHWH occur in the Hebrew Scriptures 6823 times, and it occurs with combination with the word "Elohim" 156 times in Genesis alone. This combination YHWH / ELOHIM has been consistently translated in the English Bible as "Lord God." Since the Jews did not articulate the word YHWH for centuries, and since the Chief Rabbis would not allow the unspeakable to be heard, they have forfeited the right to claim dogmatically how the word should sound. We have to seek the aid of the Arabic language to revive Hebrew, a language that had once died out. In every linguistic difficulty, recourse has to be made to the Arabic, a sister language, which has remained alive and viable.

Note the startling resemblance between the two languages; very often the same sounding words carry identical meaning in both:

HEBREW ARABIC ENGLISH

Shalom Salaam Peace

Yaum Yaum Day

Ikhud Ahad One

Elah Ilah God

Yahuwa Ya Huwa Oh he

YHWH, YaHuWa, Ya HuWa all means the very same thing; "Ya" is a vocative and an exclamatory particle in both Hebrew and Arabic, meaning Oh. Also notice the similarity of huwa, Huwa, and he in Hebrew, Arabic, and English. Together, they mean Oh He! So instead of YHWH ELOHIM, we now have:

Oh HE! ELOHIM. This is very close to Surah 112 in the Quran: "Say: He is Allah,"

The suffix "IM" of the word "ELOHIM" is a plural of respect in Hebrew. In Arabic and Hebrew, there are two types of plurals: one for numbers and the other for honor as in royal proclamations. Since the plural of honors is uncommon in the language of the European, he has confused these plurals to connote a plurality of God, hence his justification of the Doctrine of the Trinity.

El or Elah or Alah in Hebrew means God and this was His name in the northern kingdom of Israel when it separated into two kingdoms. EL also was known to be the God of Abraham. El is also the name of God that Jesus called upon on the cross "Eli", (Eli means my God). This means that El, Elah, Eloh, and ELOHIM are not distinctly different words. They all represent the single Arabic name Allah.

In the English Bible, "New and improved Edition," edited by Rev. C.I. Scofield, D.D., with his Bible Commentary in comment No. 1, the eight authors concur that:

"Elohim, (sometimes El or Elah), English form God, the first of the three primary names of Deity, is a uni-plural noun formed from EL = strength, or the strong one, and Allah,"

All the authors agreed that Allah is a name of God. However, in a later version with new authors, "The New Scofield Reference Bible." the name Allah was taken out. Western Christian scholars simply do not want any association with Allah, the God of Eastern Christians and Muslims.

There is no difficulty in understanding that in the languages of the world, every nation has given a distinctive name to God. Most of these names are attributive names, describing some aspect of God. But the proper name for God Almighty in the Semitic languages’ i.e. in the mother tongues of Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad (Peace be upon them all) is Allah. The name Allah exists in the Arabic Bible. The name Allah came from the lips of Jesus. The name Allah exists in the western world in "Hallelujah." In Revelation 19:1, John saw a vision, in which he heard the angles in the heaven singing alleluia. This vision is the same as the Islamic tradition that the angels are praising Allah all the time.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Jul 11, 2021
khadaffi:

If you don't know the Catholic were the custodian of the scriptures prior to when the bible was compiled then I shouldn't be talking to you. Go and do your research then come back when your sense is balanced. And also I don't believe in any church or God per say. I'm sure you're confusing me with someone
Oh, I know the history of your churches and how the bible came about what I don't understand is why you believe they were given the title "custodians of scripture" or something. undecided

Kobojunkie:

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God uses when Satan to accomplish His Will. That doesn't then mean you should listen to Satan or pay attention to him now, does it? undecided

God said in Jeremiah 17 vs 5 that cursed is any man who puts his trust in another man and makes flesh and blood his strength. When you put your trust in those you call your custodians, you become no different from those who put their trust in Satan himself...cursed. undecided

So you have a big decision to make here. Do you trust wholly in the God and the Word of God, Jesus Christ, or do you trust in men and their lies aka Satan ? undecided
You won't be here quoting Jeremiah if, Baruch had not sat to compile the account of the prophet. By the way, that book was composed 600years before Christ. It would have lost it's reference or existence if not for some people you refer to as antichrists.

The phone you're here typing with were probably made by unbelievers. I think you should stop using it. God does not use Satan to accomplish his will. God simply accomplishes His will. Stop typing heresy about.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2021
webshopNG:

You won't be here quoting Jeremiah if, Baruch had not sat to compile the account of the prophet. The phone you're here typing with were probably made by unbelievers. I think you should stop using it. God does not use Satan to accomplish his will. God simply accomplishes His will. Stop typing heresy about.
Again....
Kobojunkie:
God uses even Satan to accomplish His Will. That doesn't then mean you should listen to Satan or pay attention to him now, does it? undecided

Focus... the phone I use has nothing to do with this discussion. undecided

In Job 1, what do you think God was doing in that conversation with Satan, planning a vacation or placing a bet? He used Satan to "grow" job..that is the moral of the story of Job. undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by khadaffi(m): 9:49pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I know the history of your churches and how the bible came about what I don't understand is why you believe they were given the title "custodians of scripture" or something. undecided

No you don't. If you do you wouldn't be asking this. Now answer this: The bible was not written as a single book but rather different books which were called scriptures. Various scriptures were brought together to form the bible but not all the scriptures. Where are those remaining scriptures or books today?
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by vanvino(m): 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2021
Todays youths are so weak minded hence everything is their pastor says. The problem with the Bible is its subjective interpretation is why the so called men of God continue to toss you around base on their/your interest & intentions. Judas try his with Jesus, a woman pure an expensive oil on Jesus, he told Jesus the oil should be sold and give the money to the poor; but why the poor? why not buy something or give the money to Jesus? Because Jesus was always concern (interest) for the needy and what was Jesus reply to Judas? Knowing his intention; i'm here only for a while but the poor will always be here. Dose it mean Jesus no longer care for the poor? Intentions. We are all characters in this world, Like characters in the Bible, they were used diferently, in their own unique situations. Adam,Daniel, Joseph, Elijah. Nehemiah was the broken wall of Jeruselem. My point as always, Know-Thy-Self so you know your own part to play. Even the centurion did't need Jesus coming to his house but His Words.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2021
khadaffi:

No you don't. If you do you wouldn't be asking this. Now answer this: The bible was not written as a single book but rather different books which were called scriptures. Various scriptures were brought together to form the bible but not all the scriptures. Where are those remaining scriptures or books today?
I am not 3entirely certain where you are going with this since you refuse to answer but instead choose to ramble on. undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by shadeyinka(m): 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2021
onthehill:

https://igberetvnews.com/1395328/pastor-abel-damina-hallelujah-heavenly-language-video/
Pastor Abel Damina is quite correct on this.

Halleluyah is Hebrew meaning: "Shout/Hail/Praise Yahweh"

Ayomivic:

Powerfly:

Not this kind... How can you say... Hallelujah is not a heavenly language? That means he's not conversant with the scripture and thus, is unfit for the master's service.. that was daft and misleading..what if the listeners agree?
Powerfly:

Not this kind... How can you say... Hallelujah is not a heavenly language? That means he's not conversant with the scripture and thus, is unfit for the master's service.. that was daft and misleading..what if the listeners agree?
biyams83:
If hallelujah is not heavenly language, leave us with it like this

1 Like

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Chukzy44(m): 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But the very same passage does not tell you that Hallelujah is a heavenly language... undecided

John noted that in the crowd were those shouting in Hebrew. Some in the same crowd could have been shouting praises in their own earth tongue too. undecided
Oga read again thru the scriptures that was quoted, highlight the verse 2 of the said chapter19..and read with a lot of concentration and also slowly this time and see that it boldly reaffirms the answer to the said "issue" and as well makes nonsense of what you're saying sir,happy reading!!!
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Funkybabee(f): 10:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
Praise the Lord, hallelujah

Means

Eyin oluwa, oluwaseun

In Yoruba.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again....Focus... the phone I use has nothing to do with this discussion. undecided

In Job 1, what do you think God was doing in that conversation with Satan, planning a vacation or placing a bet? He used Satan to "grow" job..that is the moral of the story of Job. undecided
If you think Satan is allowed to be a member of God's not to talk of him having a close discussion with God then I need not argue with you. As for the book of Job, there is no point explaining to you that the introduction to that book was an allegory. If it is not, then you will tell me the third person who was around to record those conversations.

Satan is not and will never be a part of God's council.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On Jul 11, 2021
Chukzy44:

Oga read again thru the scriptures that was quoted, highlight the verse 2 of the said chapter19..and read with a lot of concentration and also slowly this time and see that it boldly reaffirms the answer to the said "issue" and as well makes nonsense of what you're saying sir,happy reading!!!
You are kidding right? You are told that in this dream/vision, john heard a multitude(humans) shouting Hallelujah , a Hebrew word. What else do you expect me to believe?
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2021
webshopNG:

If you think Satan is allowed to be a member of God's not to talk of him having a close discussion with God then I need not argue with you. As for the book of Job, there is no point explaining to you that the introduction to that book was an allegory. If it is not, then you will tell me the third person who was around to record those conversations.

Satan is not and will never be a part of God's council.
Again....God uses even Satan to accomplish His Will. That doesn't then mean you should listen to Satan or pay attention to him now, does it? undecided

If you want to assume the introduction to the book of Job an allegory, then we might as well throw the entirety of scripture out as well. undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) by Krismas(m): 10:17pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So all what Jesus Christ taught belongs only to the apostles? undecided
How did you arrive at that conclusion? undecided
coolThere were things Jesus taught the Apostles that apply to every believer. There were other teachings that apply to only the Apostles. The ability to know the difference is important. The Apostles were to have no spiritual fathers on the earth for very obvious reasons. But the Apostles themselves had spiritual SONS! e.g Timothy was Apostle Paul’s spiritual son. So if the commandment was for every believer, then Paul violated it by making a son

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uyo Church Collapse: This Is How I Lost My Only Sister - Photos / Oyedepo Jnr Celebrates Wife's Birthday / Mbaka Supporter Threatens To Kill Bishop, Peter Obi After Church Ban (Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.