Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. (7482 Views)

Couple Go Viral After They Got Married With A Tipper (photos) / Couple Go Completely Unclad For Pre-wedding Shoots / Cute Pre-Wedding Photos Of Military Couple Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:20am On Jul 11, 2021
If there's one thing sirjamesjnr and I agree to disagree on. It's our view on LAGOS. As a Lagos islander born and bred. I'm a city girl in and out while he likes it close to nature. I maintained that Lagos can be close to nature, we have beaches and lekki conservation centers. He claimed Lagos was dirty and couldn't impress him. I vowed that when next he came to see me, I would prove him wrong. We agreed that we would go to the beach. It's something I have always wanted to do with the one I love.

So bae lands in Lagos on Friday, we spend time together, the plan was originally to take him to tarkwa bay, but based on our location which was decided on the spur of the moment (planning in advance is not my strong point but his). I changed my mind and decided on landmark beach instead. I snooped online and found out that we had to book online. I decided that I would book the next day which was a saturday. Big mistake. I should have booked on Friday, that way the gate fee would have been cheaper.

On Saturday morning, we get up get ready. I carry some basics, my atm, phone, and sunscreen, wear an old straw hat, a top and shorts, then a pair of slippers. Bae goes fully dressed and I had to convince him that it's just the beach. At least wear slippers. He agrees. We call a taxify and get to the beach at 9:30am. Turns out beach opens by 10am. By 10, I show the ticketeer my booking QR code, and he gives me 2 tags. So we trot into the beach. It's empty, turns out we are the first to arrive

We walk down and see a bar. Where we are told that seating is free as long as we buy something, but there's another area where we have to rent furniture but there's an area we can swim. We both discussed which area would be preferable and as we do so, we meet one of the lifeguards who we have a long discussion with. She tells us that the beach was owned by an igbo man born abroad, She also says that renting furniture is where the fun is, we take her advice and agree to rent a set of loungers. Before that we go to this taco place for breakfast, which was directly behind the mini golf course in the beach. When bae saw the course he was tripping. He loved the concept, we explore the beach, take pics then rent the loungers and agree to swim in the lagoon.

Bae wears his speedo, I wear my swimsuit after much persuasion from him. As he is preparing to go to the shore, I stop him,and slather sunscreen all over his body so that he doesn't get a tan. I do the same. We both look like 'ojuju calabar' masquerade. But I'll take that over turning a shade darker at the beach.

Turns out bae is an excellent swimmer, cos he went into the regions where only experienced swimmers go. I was happy with the beginners section because the only thing I can do in the water is float., he didn't want to go too far, so as to keep an eye on me. Because I can be a mischievous person sometimes. Turns out that sea water is salty but doesn't hurt the eyes, and one can see clearly in it.

We have a lot of fun in the water, Take pictures, play with strangers, do a little PDA wink then go back to the loungers where we rest, take more pics and gossip about the people around us. There were two white women on the loungers to our right, both were smoking a cigarette, but some minutes later a young man, nigerian obviously goes to try his luck with the visa lottery. The ladies weren't impressed. On our left was a young guy who was really loaded because he order a bottle of expensive alcohol, and this babe with him, total slayqueen type with bone straight hair, was busy forming like some of the other babes at the beach. The only thing that gave her away was her appetite . She ate a lot, a whole lot......

Some lebanese people were there, one forgot to wear sunscreen and look looking red like cooked shrimps but was going to swimming anyway.

We reapplied sunscreen and went swimming a second time. There we noticed in the far distance that a big sea animal was swimming, whether it was a dolphin, shark, we didn't know, but we knew that it was big. I feel bad that it didn't come to shore. We would have liked some wild fish pepper soup.

The lifeguards really did their jobs, watching the people making sure no one swam beyond their boundaries. There was this fulani girl who kept trying to disobey tho. She clearly was a good swimmer, and was swimming in her ankara gown.

We go back to the loungers and rest, then a lot of people come and try advertising their food to us, the way traders do it at yaba market but less invasive. Bae was beginning to get annoyed, because this hustling and harassing phenomenon is one of the reasons why he doesn't like Lagos. I get ice cream and a sub sandwich which was really good. We also get coconut water, which was so refreshing, but elected that we must eat the coconut inside,so he goes to the store where we got it from. He comes back with a spoon for me to scrape my coconut since it was so soft like jelly, his was a bit harder and was cut into pieces, we are bush people like that . We also had sex on the beach (the cocktail or not)

By the time we are done, it's late so I book a cab home with the beach WiFi (sorry dear, I know you said I should not use it but I like awoof) then I start preparing to change and wear my top, then bend to wear my bumshorts, when I'm done, I see bae frowning heavily. Turns out he caught someone staring at my back while I was dressing up, and the person had a lady next to him. He apparently sent the sent the guy a very strong look. Bae refused to let me see who the guy was and started telling me to hurry up. I tidy up, and we walk out of the beach.

On the cab way home, he kept talking about how fun it was and how he didn't expect this kind of sophistication from a beach. He talks about Lagos with the cab driver who apparently was from cote d'ivoire who says that Lagos is livelier and has more to offer than his home country and they exchange stories all the way home. His impression of Lagos has improved since then.

If you wanna go out and have fun or impress a special someone, try landmark beach.

Guess which hand is mine and which is his?

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by paulolee(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2021
I go love oo

10 Likes

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Rextizzle(m): 11:24am On Jul 11, 2021
This one too done find love; I just hope you have changed for good?

good luck and I hope it leads to marriage.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Inspiration007: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2021
This long gist only one picture.

Mtcheew

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 11, 2021
Rextizzle:

1 Like

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
So na only pics of your yansh you fit show us ni?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
undecided undecided
Activist001:

1 Like

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
Rextizzle:

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 11, 2021
Inspiration007:
This long gist only one picture.

Mtcheew
Swears! No mind am

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by wumi2017(f): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2021
I can't wait

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by sirjamesjnr(m): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2021
Activist001:
. Hope you are not looking that yansh, you be gay ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Beckysexy(f): 3:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by sirjamesjnr(m): 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
If there's one thing sirjamesjnr and I agree to disagree on. It's our view on LAGOS. As a Lagos islander born and bred. I'm a city girl in and out while he likes it close to nature. I maintained that Lagos can be close to nature, we have beaches and lekki conservation centers. He claimed Lagos was dirty and couldn't impress him. I vowed that when next he came to see me, I would prove him wrong. We agreed that we would go to the beach. It's something I have always wanted to do with the one I love.

So bae lands in Lagos on Friday, we spend time together, the plan was originally to take him to tarkwa bay, but based on our location which was decided on the spur of the moment (planning in advance is not my strong point but his). I changed my mind and decided on landmark beach instead. I snooped online and found out that we had to book online. I decided that I would book the next day which was a saturday. Big mistake. I should have booked on Friday, that way the gate fee would have been cheaper.

On Saturday morning, we get up get ready. I carry some basics, my atm, phone, and sunscreen, wear an old straw hat, a top and shorts, then a pair of slippers. Bae goes fully dressed and I had to convince him that it's just the beach. At least wear slippers. He agrees. We call a taxify and get to the beach at 9:30am. Turns out beach opens by 10am. By 10, I show the ticketeer my booking QR code, and he gives me 2 tags. So we trot into the beach. It's empty, turns out we are the first to arrive

We walk down and see a bar. Where we are told that seating is free as long as we buy something, but there's another area where we have to rent furniture but there's an area we can swim. We both discussed which area would be preferable and as we do so, we meet one of the lifeguards who we have a long discussion with. She tells us that the beach was owned by an igbo man born abroad, She also says that renting furniture is where the fun is, we take her advice and agree to rent a set of loungers. Before that we go to this taco place for breakfast, which was directly behind the mini golf course in the beach. When bae saw the course he was tripping. He loved the concept, we explore the beach, take pics then rent the loungers and agree to swim in the lagoon.

Bae wears his speedo, I wear my swimsuit after much persuasion from him. As he is preparing to go to the shore, I stop him,and slather sunscreen all over his body so that he doesn't get a tan. I do the same. We both look like 'ojuju calabar' masquerade. But I'll take that over turning a shade darker at the beach.

Turns out bae is an excellent swimmer, cos he went into the regions where only experienced swimmers go. I was happy with the beginners section because the only thing I can do in the water is float., he didn't want to go too far, so as to keep an eye on me. Because I can be a mischievous person sometimes. Turns out that sea water is salty but doesn't hurt the eyes, and one can see clearly in it.

We have a lot of fun in the water, Take pictures, play with strangers, do a little PDA wink then go back to the loungers where we rest, take more pics and gossip about the people around us. There were two white women on the loungers to our right, both were smoking a cigarette, but some minutes later a young man, nigerian obviously goes to try his luck with the visa lottery. The ladies weren't impressed. On our left was a young guy who was really loaded because he order a bottle of expensive alcohol, and this babe with him, total slayqueen type with bone straight hair, was busy forming like some of the other babes at the beach. The only thing that gave her away was her appetite . She ate a lot, a whole lot......

Some lebanese people were there, one forgot to wear sunscreen and look looking red like cooked shrimps but was going to swimming anyway.

We reapplied sunscreen and went swimming a second time. There we noticed in the far distance that a big sea animal was swimming, whether it was a dolphin, shark, we didn't know, but we knew that it was big. I feel bad that it didn't come to shore. We would have liked some wild fish pepper soup.

The lifeguards really did their jobs, watching the people making sure no one swam beyond their boundaries. There was this fulani girl who kept trying to disobey tho. She clearly was a good swimmer, and was swimming in her ankara gown.

We go back to the loungers and rest, then a lot of people come and try advertising their food to us, the way traders do it at yaba market but less invasive. Bae was beginning to get annoyed, because this hustling and harassing phenomenon is one of the reasons why he doesn't like Lagos. I get ice cream and a sub sandwich which was really good. We also get coconut water, which was so refreshing, but elected that we must eat the coconut inside,so he goes to the store where we got it from. He comes back with a spoon for me to scrape my coconut since it was so soft like jelly, his was a bit harder and was cut into pieces, we are bush people like that . We also had sex on the beach (the cocktail or not)

By the time we are done, it's late so I book a cab home with the beach WiFi (sorry dear, I know you said I should not use it but I like awoof) then I start preparing to change and wear my top, then bend to wear my bumshorts, when I'm done, I see bae frowning heavily. Turns out he caught someone staring at my back while I was dressing up, and the person had a lady next to him. He apparently sent the sent the guy a very strong look. Bae refused to let me see who the guy was and started telling me to hurry up. I tidy up, and we walk out of the beach.

On the cab way home, he kept talking about how fun it was and how he didn't expect this kind of sophistication from a beach. He talks about Lagos with the cab driver who apparently was from cote d'ivoire who says that Lagos is livelier and has more to offer than his home country and they exchange stories all the way home. His impression of Lagos has improved since then.

If you wanna go out and have fun or impress a special someone, try landmark beach.

To be honest, I was amazed when I saw that Beach. I will never believe they is a clean Beach in Lagos known how Lagos environment is. Apart from the Island( VI, Koyi and lekki) one will notice Lagos is a glorified slum. Hello,Ife mi,I am glad you came into my life. There are still beautiful soul ( ladies) in Nigeria but My love you have to understand, with all the negative impact Lagosan has contribute to the image of this country I am already been advised that when you are in Lagos:

Wake up early to beat traffic. Go home late /early to beat traffic. If not, you can never be productive in Lagos. You might end up spending all your day in Lagos traffic.
Always tell at least one person where you are. Lagos is not a place to play coded games. Average person in Lagos will always try to take advantage of you, have a backup plan should you be in a funny place or in a funny situation.

If you are taking public transport, always shout the name of your bus stop before you get there. Lagos bus drivers are not nice. They always drunk and dirty.

When taken public transport, always make sure you have smaller currency when going out. You might end up being cheated by Lagos bus conductors. Twice uber driver has steal from me.Transport system in Lagos is has a long way to go.

The worst thing that can happen to you is to buy 1 gala in traffic and the seller run away with your 450 naira change. So always make sure you collect your gala and balance before paying.

When you want to cross the road look left,look right, look left again and right again, left again, right again. You can be killed by a reckless drunk driver.

Being gentle sometimes can be seen as weakness in Lagos. Learn to act like an “agbero"too. So called friends will cash out on you.( making you spend amount you never budget. Imagine arranging a sex worker for you when you not even in the mode just to rip you off) Average man in Lagos whether rich or poor is a cheat. So annoying they always seem so sophisticated (I too know).So many unpleasant experience swhich makes me always uncomfortable coming into Lagos

Always add traffic time to any appointment you're making.I have had to cancel flight last minute because of heavy traffic. Till I learned the hard way.

Be friendly. Acting to porsh and Behind wont help you. Though this can get you into trouble but you can have a lot of knowledge and fun when you act like you from the street.
With all these experiences and stories about Lagos, I was amazed at how the beach was so organise, the food, the cleanliness and orderliness.
In all our outing, landmark experience was the best. I will always cherish the memory. Still doing my research on how I can give you an amazing experience when next we plan out vacation.
I have this to say to those who believe in love, be in love with someone who believe in you, has more than average IQ, was raise from a decent home, and above all has some prospect in life.
Yes Lagos is improving.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by eveninnewspaper: 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2021
I love love kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Mogadishuu: 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2021
See I don't have anything against you or your new found love/ bae but I am glad you chose to change bae.

You and your former dude (jalodo or whatever his moniker was) that found each other earlier on nairaland are fcukingUGLY. Yes the truth is bitter angry... Two Ugly people should never make babies.

No jokes, y'all both ugly and I am glad you both went your ways. There are enough monsters in the world already than for the two of you to make baby monsters. angry angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by NengiWIDEtoto: 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2021
That your guy head go good to shoot o.. E be like mango

6 Likes

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
Mogadishuu:
See I don't have anything against you or your new found love/ bae but I am glad you chose to change bae.

You and your former dude (jalodo or whatever his moniker was) that found each other earlier on nairaland are fcukingUGLY. Yes angry the truth is bitter... Ugly people should never make babies.

No jokes, y'all both ugly and I am glad you both went your ways. There are enough monsters in the world already than forthr the two of you to make baby monsters. angry angry
Ehn!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Mogadishuu: 4:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
Cc amaratarsha when you go marry? Our auxillary nurse don dey prepare o
Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Mogadishuu: 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2021
meenah04:
Ehn!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
How can me and my minions help you angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by baralatie(m): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2021
Mogadishuu:
Cc amaratarsha when you go marry? Our auxillary nurse don dey prepare o
grin grin
Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2021
At first glance,i thought the second picture was Lukaku. undecided
Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by baralatie(m): 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2021
Looks like either landmark beach front or oniru beach front !

1 Like

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Mogadishuu: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2021
baralatie:

grin grin
if there is anything to applauded funmi on, it's about her weight. She has worked on her weight so much.
By the time she births her first baby like this, she'll still have a Selena Gomez body angry

1 Like

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by baralatie(m): 4:22pm On Jul 11, 2021
Not a beach enthusiastic person though

1 Like

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by baralatie(m): 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2021
Mogadishuu:
if there is anything to applauded funmi on, it's about her weight. She has worked on her weight so much.
By the time she births her first baby like this, she'll still have a Selena Gomez body angry
Seems like you have a crush on her body!
shocked

5 Likes

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Mogadishuu: 4:28pm On Jul 11, 2021
baralatie:

Seems like you have a crush on her body!
shocked

We got the afternoon
You got this room for two
One thing I've left to do
Discover me
Discovering you

One mile to every inch of
Your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and
Your bubblegum tongue

And if you want love
We'll make it
Swim in a deep sea
Of blankets
Take all your big plans
And break 'em
This is bound to be a while

Your body is a wonderland
Your body is a wonder, I'll use my hands

Something 'bout the way the hair falls in your face
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase
You tell me where to go and
Though I might leave to find it
I'll never let your head hit the bed
Without my hand behind it

You want love?
We'll make it
Swim in a deep sea
Of blankets
Take all your big plans
And break 'em
This is bound to be a while

Your body is a wonder, I'll use my hands
(I'll never speak again, again
I'll use my hands)

1 Like

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Mogadishuu: 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kingsuave:
At first glance,i thought the second picture was Lukaku undecided

1 Like

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2021
Love is sweet sha
Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by sirjamesjnr(m): 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:

My love, my experience with you makes me understand ,everyone expresses the colours of love differently, basically because their psychological and emotional responses to handle this thing called love vary. Women do it differently than men and vice versa. Though the former might tend to make it either more complex or simpler than it is. Love is a very beautiful yet very weird emotion. When a woman is in love, no matter how mature, sensible or in control of her life she is, one will be able to observe a few differences or changes in her personality which would indicate that she is madly and deeply in love. She might act like a child or the wisest one; sometimes she may be all loud and clear about it and at other times, she will be exceptionally silent about it. It can be a total paradox at times too she might say one thing while she means the other. Her actions, when she is in love, might not always coincide with her intentions. And all this confusion and not-so-straightforward behaviour are all due to the fact she has hopelessly in love with you.
Ife my( Dr Funmi) you as my woman has shown that if someone truly loves you; They know the way to make you feel at home.
The reference point is our experience in landmark Beach and also recent moments we shared indoor.

If someone loves you, they’ll admire you for something less obvious and they’ll never ask you to do things that you obviously can’t. Appreciating every effort I put towards self-development makes me wanna do more.

I know how busy your schedule is at the workplace. The life of a doctor is a difficult one but you find time to give me all the attention I need. Those mements means a lot to me. You truly appreciate and reciprocate every energy I put into this relationship.

I know the value you have added to my life( advice, companion, the openness of mind to positive ideas, believing in my dreams, respecting my opinion and being my critics)
True Love will never hurt you. And if it does, you’ll see that in the person's eyes, she is hurting too. This is so true, the way we apologise when we know we wrong with each other and how we make adjustments and amendments help to grow our relationship.

No matter how busy you are, you always find a special time for me and don’t let me wait too long for your text or call. Find time to do shopping with me and always make sure I am not cheated

You make you feel safe, loved and happy. Not tense, scared and anxious.

You make me think that I am interesting enough to talk to every day. No day we don't have hours of video calls except I am busy or you are on call.

You always find a way to make me feel amazing and overwhelmed. The passion you put in romance, etc, etc, If I wasn't the first man you are in love with I will have a second thought about you. I cherish how expressive you are with me, always putting me first.

No matter how mad you are with me you don’t stop caring. Your respect for me makes me adore you.

You don't force or threatened me to stay in your life. I lovely you truly because I been loved.

I brought a one-way ticket to your life so I am here to stay.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Angelacruz: 4:44pm On Jul 11, 2021
This write up is pure wickedness....u wan spoil person relationship?
Mogadishuu:

You and your former dude (jalodo or whatever his moniker was) that found each other earlier on nairaland are fcukingUGLY. Yes the truth is bitter angry... Two Ugly people should never make babies.

No jokes, y'all both ugly and I am glad you both went your ways. There are enough monsters in the world already than for the two of you to make baby monsters. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by Pegi23(f): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2021
Stupid post.

Pegi23 is back again

1 Like

Re: Romantic Day Out: Nairaland Couple Go To The Beach. by DrFunmisticGlow: 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2021
Angelacruz:
This write up is pure wickedness....u wan spoil person relationship?
ignore small minded cowards like him.

I dare him to post his picture holding a paper with his monicker and today's date on his profile

Let's see if he doesn't deserve to be castrated.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gym Instructor Gets Aroused, While Checking Out A Female Client's Thigh (photos) / Is it Ok To Double-Date? / Guys, If Your Girl Say No.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.