Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie (43822 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by solonubinho(m): 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
We honestly dont care.
Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by Seamarine114: 10:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
You are a liar chimanda, it doesn't happen in my own catholic. Maybe it happens in your own realm

1 Like

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2021
Some Nigerians tend to be too emotional and sentimental during argument. So because the lady does not share the idea of catholism she automatically become a liar. I discovered the sham of religion in my 200lv, I've not been to church since then and I've been fine.

We really need to revisit the heritage left behind to us by our colonist.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by georgeakins: 10:46pm On Jul 11, 2021
Have they stopped celebrating Mass since you separated yourself? Rubbish!
Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by spiralwedge(m): 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2021
Sugardick:
Currently reading Americanah.

I find people who shout FTC as babies and fools in real life hmmm just thinking out loud undecided

E pain you? grin

You were almost FTC. Good luck next time.

In case you didn't know, they use FTC to collect money from bank o.

1 Like

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by wizdooarchy3(m): 10:48pm On Jul 11, 2021
its a matter of comparative advantage
Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by ghettochild(m): 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2021
vibre:

See as you dey cast yourself, lala go nack you another one now.
Dem go do am as dem do tunde ednut

1 Like

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Madam zukwanu ike

2 Likes

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by cococandy(f): 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Isn’t that most churches though? If you listen to Nigerian Christians, you would believe their God hates women.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by zoedew: 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Djauro:

https://punchng.com/why-i-separated-myself-from-catholicism-chimamanda-adichie/
All you needed was to read, believe and live by your Bible. That is what it takes really!
Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by Zaxbash1: 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2021
Yes now coz u done smoke weedcanah..e ch grin ke
Zaxbash1:
Oga mature dey mature dey go...e pain baba say u never get ftc... grin
Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by Orc13: 11:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
I believe from experience that the same Catholicism we profess in Nigeria us entirely different from the one obtainable in South East Nigeria.

The points Ms Adichie raised are just typical of the excessive nature of South East Catholics.

I'm a Catholic from the North. The treatment I receive from Priests from the Eastern stock who were raised & ordained in the North is different from those typically bred in the South East.

Even if my GRANDFATHER was born & raised in South East, he can NEVER be a Cathecist, talk more of becoming a MINOR Seminarian, worst a Priest! Who born am well.

Our Igbo brethren have their own version of Catholicism. Shikenan!

6 Likes

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by Electrochemistry(m): 11:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Catholicism is a fake religion

Since it gave birth to all Christianity practiced today,,

It's safe to say modern Christianity is a fake religion

Our Lord and savior knew this before it happened

The time comes when the true believers will worship GOD in truth and in spirit

Going to church doesn't guarantee you eternity

Believe in God, and obey his commandments

Verily I say unto you, Christianity will lead many into hell

Foolish man who made you a judge?

1 Like

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by tete7000(m): 11:21pm On Jul 11, 2021
Who cares? The church has not dimished because she left. She should let us hear word, no one needs her explanation. It is a free world.
Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by godlessmind: 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2021
Djauro:

https://punchng.com/why-i-separated-myself-from-catholicism-chimamanda-adichie/

I am tired on commenting on Religious issues, let it be known that Religion was invented to oppress the poor and weak. You cannot be a feminist and at the same time belong to any useless Religion because women don't have a voice of their own. On the aspect on burial rite I have seen where they refused to bury their member because he was owing debts to the church.

The inventors of RELIGIONs were smart people. The gullible will forever remain their puppies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by kendo24(m): 11:23pm On Jul 11, 2021
Who is this idiot?

jesusjnr2020:
You're right that sexism is still prevalent in the church and the woman is still being treated by church leaders and Christians as the cause of man's downfall despite that Jesus had redeemed her from the curse of her sin. So that's not in question.

However in your own case, it's a matter of the curse of knowledge and fame etc., which is pride but the end thereof is destruction.

I hope God humbles you and makes you go through things that would make you realize how far you've strayed from the Truth so you can retrace your footsteps.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by alphaconde(m): 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2021
No where in her write up did she say she had separated from the church

1 Like

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by Anieke39(m): 11:29pm On Jul 11, 2021
Sugardick:
if e pain me make I kpain, I don get am so many times but I've never for once thought it means anything but it's getting irritating seeing guys scream FTC like there's some kind of award for it
plus what does FTC mean
Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by godlessmind: 11:30pm On Jul 11, 2021
kingxsamz:
Christians claim to be "one" and that they serve the same god, but the division between them is so much that it's considered an act of clownery when they say "their god is not a god of confusion".
MFM, Catholic, White garment, RCCG, Deeper life, Jehovah witness, Christ embassy etc... Don't agree with themselves in a lot of things.
And they read the same Bible.
Religion has and will always cause division, both to its adherents and the outsiders.
Funny how women are the ones who are more religious even though religion recognizes them as mere property for men.

You have said my mind....
Their god is a author of confusion. For the record the concept of god is a myth, if it's real they won't be so many Religion in the world. Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by godlessmind: 11:33pm On Jul 11, 2021
JayB11:
Her personal opinion, though.

CATHOLIC I REMAIN
CATHOLIC TILL I DIE...

WE MOVE.......

Lol I'm happy you will remain a slave to the foreign religion that was used to enslaved your ancestors. Black ppl will never get sense

4 Likes

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by jsnow(m): 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2021
Report to pope
Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by breathelove(f): 11:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
BSsniffer:
It's not about Catholicism but a toxic Igbo culture that worships money and regards women as property.
Oga did you read her reasons? Only one was about money and I am not Igbo or even Nigerian but it's the same here in Ghana. Church has become something else

1 Like

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by breathelove(f): 11:44pm On Jul 11, 2021
festacman:
If Chimmanda Adichie decides to be an atheist, she has the free will to go ahead and do that provided she loves her fellow human beings, obey the law and pay her tax. Chikena!

By the way, the Church is an assemblage of imperfect CHILDREN who are striving to love and please their FATHER in return for His love and providence. You need to understand this to rise above the limitations of fellow CHILDREN running the Church and focus on pleasing the FATHER. If you, an imperfect being, uses logic and seeks perfection from fellow imperfect beings, you will lose focus and then stop finding "meaning".
Her issue was not with the imperfection of the church members but with the laws aND actions of the church as a body

1 Like

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by Apebo: 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2021
I have never seen Muslims talk about them selves in which ever way...but some Christian idiots who are not even Christians keep talking about why I left that church and why.
Don't face your God...keep on following church. No church can take you to heaven. It is only your personal relationship with God that assures you heaven.

1 Like

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by breathelove(f): 11:46pm On Jul 11, 2021
godlessmind:

Lol I'm happy you will remain a slave to the foreign religion that was used to enslaved your ancestors. Black ppl will never get sense
You call someone a slave because his religion is different from yours. You are right, some black people will never get sense
Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by breathelove(f): 11:49pm On Jul 11, 2021
Apebo:
I have never seen Muslims talk about them selves in which ever way...but some Christian idiots who are not even Christians keep talking about why I left that church and why.
Don't face your God...keep on following church. No church can take you to heaven. It is only your personal relationship with God that assures you heaven.
If Muslims do not have any issue with their religion, good and fine but you call people idiots for pointing outo evils in Christianity.
You say no church can take you to heaven then why are you angry because she stopped going to church? You really need to be more honest with yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by LZAA: 11:50pm On Jul 11, 2021
Old and stale news
Meanwhile as for chimamanda
The church has never and will never force anyone to follow it
QED
Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by biafranrealson: 11:52pm On Jul 11, 2021
Not only in Catholic, all religion na scam

A full grown man kneeling down in front of sand mixed with cement and concrete, painted and they say its mary begging her to intercede

2 Likes

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by breathelove(f): 11:52pm On Jul 11, 2021
Seamarine114:
You are a liar chimanda, it doesn't happen in my own catholic. Maybe it happens in your own realm
She was not taking about ur own branch. She is taking about her experiences not yours.
Also she is not the first to go through this. I have witnessed someone die and the church refused to bury because they say the person had unpaid dues.
I wonder if salvation is no longer free

3 Likes

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by breathelove(f): 11:55pm On Jul 11, 2021
LZAA:
Old and stale news
Meanwhile as for chimamanda
The church has never and will never force anyone to follow it
QED
Chimamanda is not the problem here. We need more people to speak out so that these ills can be corrected.
We cannot continue to act like these things don't happen

1 Like

Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by breathelove(f): 11:58pm On Jul 11, 2021
godlessmind:

You have said my mind....
Their god is a author of confusion. For the record the concept of god is a myth, if it's real they won't be so many Religion in the world. Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool grin
That is just one way of looking at it but it doesn't mean that you are right.
God did not create robots. He doesn't expect us to all have the same believes.
If you were God, would you force every one to have one belief or to interpret all scripture the same?
Re: Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie by festacman(m): 11:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
breathelove:

Her issue was not with the imperfection of the church members but with the laws aND actions of the church as a body

The actions of the Church as a body in a particular area which in this case is Anambra State are implemented by the priest and church council members who are essentially church members.

In her case like in all cases, families of deceased members are made to pay outstanding levies made towards church projects before they are buried. This of course is not obtained in, for example, in Lagos Archdiocese where church fundraising generates millions from the same business men from Anambra State who neglect their home church.

I took time to explain to make the issue clear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Realms... {Romance-thriller} / Heart Of A Broken Girl / SHADOWCORP (The End of Tyranny)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.