Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir (45204 Views)

Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Sighting Of Crescent, declares Friday Eid-ul-fitr / NSCIA: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow / Eid-l-fitri 2019: Crescent Has Been Sighted, Sultan To Make Announcement Shortly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:12am On Jul 12, 2021
The Sultan of Sokoto and President-General, Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, has announced that Sunday, July 11, will be the first day of Dhul-Hijja 1442AH.

This was contained in a statement on Sunday signed by Prof. Sambo Junaidu, Chairman, Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs, Sultanate Council, Sokoto.

“The Sultanate Council Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs in Conjunction with the National Moon Sighting Committee on Saturday received reports on the sighting of the crescent of Dhul-Hijja 1442AH.

“The Sultan accepted the report and accordingly declared Sunday, July 11, as the first day of Dhul-Hijja 1442AH,” it read in part.

Dhul-Hijja is the 12th month of the Islamic calendar, in which Muslims perform the Ḥajj (Holy Pilgrimage) as well as observe the Festival of Sacrifice.

Nigerian Muslims will now observe the 2021 Eid-el-Kabir on Tuesday, July 20, which is equivalent to 10th of Dhul-Hijja 1442AH.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/11/new-moon-sighted-sultan-of-sokoto-announces-date-for-2021-eid-el-kabir/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by TarOrfeeek: 12:55am On Jul 12, 2021
This people are really drawing us back FGS

How many celebrations can one people have in a year. And all the time it's not straight forward like Christian or Pagan celebrations.

Nigeria needs to scrap Independence day and Democracy day. We have enough holidays, and we don't even have any reason to be jolly.

99 Likes 9 Shares

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by Sammy07: 1:12am On Jul 12, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

How many celebrations can one people have in a year. And all the time it's not straight forward like Christian or Pagan celebrations.

Nigeria needs to scrap Independence day and Democracy day. We have enough holidays, and we don't even have any reason to be jolly.

My problem with many of you nah mouth!

What makes you not to join a political party, work your way to the top and change the status quo.

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by Rilley(m): 1:13am On Jul 12, 2021
Ileya go make sense sha

9 Likes

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by Maxymilliano(m): 5:17am On Jul 12, 2021
Sallah rams everywhere but no money to buy sad

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by tillaman(m): 5:45am On Jul 12, 2021
angry

1 Like

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by vedaxcool(m): 6:09am On Jul 12, 2021
Flood Alert!! ipob iDiOTs flood aka wretched thugs flood incoming.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by nairavsdollars(f): 6:19am On Jul 12, 2021
He sighted the moon inside his palace abi yeye

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 12, 2021
Sammy07:

My problem with many of you nah mouth!

What makes you not to join a political party, work your way to the top and change the status quo.
Too many religious holiday in this country yet the developed countries that should have time don't have the play time we do

13 Likes

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 12, 2021
HellAnus:
Afonja muslims cannot sight moon. They re not fit; reason why they waited for Bororo to do it for them.
l
Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by IgweOfNnewi: 7:15am On Jul 12, 2021
Where was the moon hiding during the fast

7 Likes

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by Racoon(m): 7:27am On Jul 12, 2021
National Moon Sighting Committee on Saturday received reports on the sighting of the crescent of Dhul-Hijja 1442AH.
And MURIC with all his caliphate wannabe antics was not privilege to be part of this committee to do the moon sighting?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by michlins(m): 7:29am On Jul 12, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

your islamaphobia and Nairaland likes will not stop the next celebration

Live and let live

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by shesawesome(f): 7:35am On Jul 12, 2021
What is paining me is that my boss will not give me break on that day

9 Likes

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 12, 2021
michlins:
your islamaphobia and Nairaland likes will not stop the next celebration

Live and let live
what do you mean by islamophobia?

Muslims are slaughtered in their thousands in the north

Infact just like covid 19 updates we now have bandit update on numbers killed everyday in the north

So sultan should actually be using these dates for sober reflection not merriment when you put into consideration that Boko Haram Iswap ultimately are an Islamic movement with their bandit counterpart who are mostly muslims

20 Likes

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by dmbb: 7:51am On Jul 12, 2021
Masha Allah congratulations to all my fellow Muslims, may we celebrate Sallah in good health and wealth, amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 12, 2021
Eid Mubaarak in Advance

I am buying all EDD cards ….

My best rate is 210/$,

Fast Spending and Payment Is not gonna be delayed…

I can spend up to $100k daily…

Call or chat me up on what’sapp 0 9 1 3 7 7 3 30 61

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by swarley75(m): 7:54am On Jul 12, 2021
Thanks to Google Calendar, I know the dates for the next 10 sallah. they should go and sit down with their moon sightings

10 Likes

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by bluebay(m): 7:55am On Jul 12, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You just open mouth Wahhhh.

4 Likes

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by Lattop(m): 7:55am On Jul 12, 2021
Alhamdulillahi

Wait o the holidays will be either Monday and Tuesday
Or Tuesday and Wednesday
Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by espn(m): 7:56am On Jul 12, 2021
Mikecold:

Infact just like covid 19 updates we now have bandit update on numbers killed everyday in the north

So sultan should actually be using these dates for sober reflection not merriment when you put into consideration that Boko Haram Iswap ultimately are an Islamic movement with their bandit counterpart who are mostly muslims

And how is his your business...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by talk2hb1(m): 7:57am On Jul 12, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Your Headache

2 Likes

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 12, 2021
espn:
And how is his your business...
lt is my business because i am a tax payer of this country and money that should be used to work for me is sent to fight Boko Haram who have an Islamic believe which the Islamic Council of Nigeria don't deem fit to correct with measures.

Sheik Gumi that is under this Islamic council headed by sultan has never been sanctioned for his work with terrorists but it's holiday that is their problem

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:59am On Jul 12, 2021
If I talk wetin dey my mind, these people will set NL ablaze

1 Like

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:00am On Jul 12, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Some workers don't get leaves and casual brake, these little holidays here and there is what they rely on

4 Likes

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by statesman6: 8:00am On Jul 12, 2021
Mikecold:

So what's your point now? Who gave u Ramadan start holiday, lailat qadri holiday and other irrelevant holiday u listed? Why can't u just live ur life peacefully?

4 Likes

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by talk2hb1(m): 8:01am On Jul 12, 2021
swarley75:
Thanks to Google Calendar, I know the dates for the next 10 sallah. they should go and sit down with their moon sightings
Its Bidia to ignore the classical method of declaration.
You can check it on your Google Calendar, but its the responsibility of the sultan to announce it. Let Order have sway.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir by CUMIN: 8:06am On Jul 12, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

So you want to work till death

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of 10 Biggest Mosques In The World Currently / Muslims Hold Jumaat Prayers In Makurdi In Defiance Of Ban / The Largest Islamic School In Afikpo, Ebonyi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.