Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? (1350 Views)

Redmi Note 10 5G Vs Vivo V21 5G / Live Unveiling Of The TECNO Phantom X Device (watch Live) / Infinix Hot S3x Vs Iphone X | How Far Infinix Went In Copying The Iphone X (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by ZesusHVWritter(m): 10:33am On Jul 12, 2021

One of the biggest draw backs of the newly launched Tecno Phantom X is the price, though Tecno came up with a means to drop the price to as low as [url=https://allroundreview.com/tecno-phantom-x-vs-poco-x3-pro-phantom-x-at-%e2%82%a61200/]₦1,299[/url]. many still feels that the absence of 5G in a device that is priced above the ₦200,000 is not a good bargain.

Today we will be testing that theory by comparing the Vivo V21 [5G] to the Tecno Phantom X, to see if 5G on a device automatically makes it worth buying in 2021.

We covered the full review of the Tecno Phantom X here.

Let’s talk about the Vivo V21.

The Vivo V21 major selling point is the inclusion of a 5G chipset, as it comes powered by the 7nm Dimensity 800U [5G] from Mediatek.

Brief information about the Dimensity 800U.
This chipset was manufactured using Samsung’s 7nm processing node.
The chipset was launched in 2020 and comes equipped 5G.

That aside, the chipset uses certain older features like UFS 2.2. and max ddr4x support.

The Vivo 21[5G] has some interesting features like 6.44inch FHD amoled display, in-display fingerprint scanner, 90Hz refresh rate and HDR10+ support.

The max storage variant of The V21 is 8/256, but there is a base model of 6/128.

One of the downside of the V21 is the absence of an earphone jack, but an SD expansion slot is available, though you would have to sacrifice the second sim slot.

Continue reading:.

1 Like

Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by bennyefosa19: 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2021
they are both good phones with powerful mid-range mediatek dimensity chipsets.
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by sunshineV(f): 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2021
bennyefosa19:
they are both good phones with powerful mid-range mediatek dimensity chipsets.
all hail the mediatek bot

2 Likes

Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by samueloyem19: 8:02am On Aug 06, 2021
I will say the Phantom X is obviously a great camera phone and has very good cameras but the V21 5G from Vivo is also not far behind in terms of specs. They both also have decent mediatek chipsets just one is 4G and other is 5G
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by thepoweruser(m): 10:42am On Aug 06, 2021
The vivo doesn't have a headphone jack, so it's a pass from me.

And THERE IS NO 5G IN NIGERIA YET, WHETHER IT IS SA OR NSA; OR SUB-6 OR MILLIMETER WAVE.
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by harryodilli19(m): 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
I really like the overall features esp the dimensity 800U chip and the 64Mp triple cam setup in the Vivo V21 5G.
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by Sainthia: 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
Really hard to select a preference here. I sha like the dual selfie camera of the phantom, the curves too
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by Blastedholligan: 9:53am On Aug 08, 2021
I've never used vivo so I can't vouch for them. But that Phantom X is good
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by Freelancerx: 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2021
First saw it with a colleague and its not bad either, both phones are okay. It is all about choice
Blastedholligan:
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by Blastedholligan: 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
Freelancerx:
First saw it with a colleague and its not bad either, both phones are okay. It is all about choice
yeah. Very true.

1 Like

Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by Freelancerx: 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
wink wink
Blastedholligan:
yeah. Very true.
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
samueloyem19:
I will say the Phantom X is obviously a great camera phone and has very good cameras but the V21 5G from Vivo is also not far behind in terms of specs. They both also have decent mediatek chipsets just one is 4G and other is 5G
you are so lame to compare Dimencity 800U [5G] to g95.
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by AmadorSays: 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
Both great devices, but the downside of the vivo is really expensive, how can I sacrifice a second sim slot, and also not have a headphone jack? Nah man, it's the Phantom for me cos it's like we already have 5g network in Nigeria sef
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by AmadorSays: 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
Blastedholligan:
sure it's very good, I've experienced it firsthand and its really amazing
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by Blastedholligan: 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
AmadorSays:
sure it's very good, I've experienced it firsthand and its really amazing
nice..
Re: Vivo V21 5G Vs Tecno Phantom X: How Does The Phantom Hold Up? by investigator007: 6:52am On Aug 09, 2021
Sainthia:
Really hard to select a preference here. I sha like the dual selfie camera of the phantom, the curves too
sure, the design of the Phantom X is really mouthwatering

(1) (Reply)

Unlock Zlt S25 Router, Mtn Zlt M30s And Airtel M30 Mifi To Use All Networks / Myway.com Wap Site / **antivirus For S40 Phone**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.