Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,861 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:02 AM

Laptop Heat When Gaming - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Laptop Heat When Gaming (712 Views)

Need For Speed Heat 2020 Youtube Channel /ps4 For Sale 90k Non Negotiable / Need For Speed: Heat, Official Launch Trailer / Need For Speed Heat Vs GRID 2019 Gameplay Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Heat When Gaming by Herodutus(m): 10:45am On Jul 12, 2021
Hello, I recently got a new laptop with Nvidea GT840m with 2gig dedicated memory. Intel core i7 2.6 gige processor with 8 gig of ram and 256 gig mSATA SSD.

I do play gta v and Call of duty modern warfare at 60fps.

However, the system gets hot while gaming. Would this kill the PC? Is there anyway around it?

1 Like

Re: Laptop Heat When Gaming by crafteck(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2021
It must get hot naaa. The processors are doing their job, download msi afterburner and check the temp vs that systems recommended temp
Re: Laptop Heat When Gaming by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2021
It's normal for it to heat na, what do you expect grin.
Re: Laptop Heat When Gaming by RYEOFARMS(m): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2021
Herodutus:
Hello, I recently got a new laptop with Nvidea GT840m with 2gig dedicated memory. Intel core i7 2.6 gige processor with 8 gig of ram and 256 gig mSATA SSD.

However, the system gets hot while gaming. Would this kill the PC? Is there anyway around it?
As far as I know if it's gets too hot the system could shutdown
Best thing is to play games within the spec of your laptop (preferably games with lesser graphics compared to the limit your laptop can handle) and try to play in a cooler environment (preferably near a fan or an air-conditioned room)

I used to have one hp elitebook back then same spec with your laptop (the only difference was the 512mb dedicated ram it had) the only games I ever enjoyed on it was LEGEND OF KORRA and ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD
Re: Laptop Heat When Gaming by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
Buy laptop cooling fan, I use it on my gamimg lappy although I no longer game with it cheesy more of hacking these days
Re: Laptop Heat When Gaming by Emeka71(m): 7:09am On Jul 13, 2021
The thing depends on the degree of working of the system because if the system becomes extremely too hot; the thing shall shut down.
Re: Laptop Heat When Gaming by RevoRaptor: 6:11pm On Jul 13, 2021
Herodutus:

i get you bro. You are worried about a gaming laptop getting hot,
It normal, just game within a setten graphics settings, keep it average.
Nothing will happen to your device.
Also if you are still worried i have gaming cooling pad on sale if interested.

1 Like

Re: Laptop Heat When Gaming by Herodutus(m): 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
RevoRaptor:
i get you bro. You are worried about a gaming laptop getting hot,
It normal, just game within a setten graphics settings, keep it average.
Nothing will happen to your device.
Also if you are still worried i have gaming cooling pad on sale if interested.
How much please. I think I might need it. Drop your digit please
Re: Laptop Heat When Gaming by RevoRaptor: 7:18am On Jul 14, 2021
Herodutus:

How much please. I think I might need it. Drop your digit please
check my signature to see the pictures.
081***069***170***20
Re: Laptop Heat When Gaming by lexander(m): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
It's normal for it to get hot while gaming like what you have been told get MSI afterburner and check the temps you're getting against the recommended temps for you CPU and GPU
Re: Laptop Heat When Gaming by dyrane(m): 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2021
Heating to extreme temps for prolonged use damages components inside, I learned the hard way. Use a cooling pad even if it's a gaming system.
Re: Laptop Heat When Gaming by lexander(m): 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
dyrane:
Heating to extreme temps for prolonged use damages components inside, I learned the hard way. Use a cooling pad even if it's a gaming system.
true but that happens when it gets hot beyond the recommended temps plus your thermal paste is already way past been dried

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Fifa 22 Pkg For Hacked Ps4, Port Hacourt / Xbox One X For Sale. / USA Used Ps4 Cds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.