Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,762 members, 7,802,325 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? (27321 Views)

Michael Okpara University Final Year Students Spray Cash After Final Paper (Pix) / Right Place In Body To Apply Perfume / Can A Graduate Of Economics Register Or Apply For Ican? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by jawalis(m): 9:38pm On Jul 12, 2021
Pls elites and Everyone with good knowledge of English language should help me. I’m confused of which the correct one is.
Is it wear, spray or apply for a perfume?
Pls help. (endeavor to make the answer clear and understandable)
Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Nyne: 9:43pm On Jul 12, 2021
‘Wear a perfume’ is grammatically correct.

122 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Iniobong34: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
Wear, is the correct ans. If u ask me

7 Likes

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Daveambition(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2021
All this question na just for perfume wey pesin go just fleet go im way ni??...

411 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by zyze: 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2021
WEAR

2 Likes

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by donbachi(m): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2021
Forget the english and smell fine.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2021
Wear a perfume is the correct expression.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by WoundedLamb: 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
"Wear" is the generally accepted word, but you can also say "apply" depending on the context.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by lilvicky68(m): 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
Wear is when you spray the perfume from your head to toe..
Spray is when you spray the perfume on your clothes before wearing it..
Apply is when you spray the perfume on your palm before rubbing it on your body..

286 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by NiklauseFred(m): 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
lilvicky68:
Apply is when you spray the perfume on your palm before rubbing it on your body..

152 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Conner44: 11:31pm On Jul 12, 2021
the correct use is to 'wear' the perfume and the reason why this is so is because since perfumes can most times be very concentrated and might pose a discoloration effect if sprayed directly onto fabrics or induce allergic reactions if it touches some skin types, it is recommended to 'spray' the fragrance/perfume from a few meters away from your clothes or skin and allows the particles settle on a wider surface area than being concentrated on a tiny point of any surface.

that is why the 'classy' people in oyibo land who wear perfumes usually spray it up into the air directly in front of them and then 'step' into the descending fragrance particles in order to 'wear' the perfume the correct and safest way possible. if they spray perfume the way we do here in nigeria they will trigger unpleasant allergic reactions in many people they come in contact with during their day over there.

some people have actually had terrible medical complications by spraying perfume directly on their clothes or skin in large quantities every day for a prolonged period of time.

if you think i am talking thrash just take a bottle of your favourite perfume and break it to pour out the entire contents on the floor in your room. there will be a 50% probability that you will vomit if you stay in there for a few minutes after without cleaning it and you not be able to sleep in that room at night for a few days until the smell of the perfume subsides to a manageable level.

and remember that body spray is different from perfume.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Ishilove: 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2021
donbachi:
Forget the english and smell fine.
Lmao cheesy

Op, you "wear" perfume

1 Like

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by reccy(m): 12:11am On Jul 13, 2021
You only wear perfumes and not spray or apply whatever....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by bigjackass: 12:36am On Jul 13, 2021
Daveambition:
op person don talk say na "fleet" perfume o

4 Likes

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Sugardick: 4:00am On Jul 13, 2021
all join... na the idea matter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by chukxie(m): 4:39am On Jul 13, 2021
Wear perfume.
Apply lotion.
Spray perfume onto a surface like a shirt, fabric; in the air.

2 Likes

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by phemmyfour: 5:19am On Jul 13, 2021
jawalis:
Pls elites and Everyone with good knowledge of English language should help me. I’m confused of which the correct one is.
Thanks.
lol it is "wear"

Perfume is just like fabrics. Hence, you "wear" perfumes. It engulfs the whole body

4 Likes

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Orubebe01: 6:02am On Jul 13, 2021
Wear motor nko
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Aydot99(m): 7:03am On Jul 13, 2021
To much sense
lilvicky68:

4 Likes

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 7:21am On Jul 13, 2021
Apply perfume
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 7:23am On Jul 13, 2021
lilvicky68:

I believe you grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by ignis: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2021
I Wear Perfume
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by geezynoni: 7:50am On Jul 13, 2021
I feel loike, everything goes, depending on the context.

2 Likes

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Juliearth(f): 7:59am On Jul 13, 2021
jawalis:
Thanks.

You wear a perfume.
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Echowas: 8:07am On Jul 13, 2021
The right teerm is wear
Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by BigDawsNet: 8:24am On Jul 13, 2021
Daveambition:

Bet fleet word is use for incesticide spray grin

1 Like

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by eaddyboy: 9:04am On Jul 13, 2021
Na wear jare

But any of those three goes for an average Nigerian, na money we dey find joor grin

1 Like

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Walkee: 9:34am On Jul 13, 2021
The act of releasing the substance compressed in the perfume bottle is spraying of perfume, once you're done with the spraying you are now wearing the scent

5 Likes

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by Francashy(m): 9:58am On Jul 13, 2021
Daveambition:
cheesygrin

1 Like

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by milky3(f): 10:03am On Jul 13, 2021
cheesy if u like wear, spray, fleet or pour just make sure it touches your cloth or body.
Wahala no dey finish like that

1 Like

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by sunshineV(f): 10:13am On Jul 13, 2021
wear is to foreign perfume as fleet is to aboki perf.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You “wear” “spray” Or “apply” Perfume? by BigYash: 10:21am On Jul 13, 2021
Call it wear,spray or apply op. Who you dey tell know wetin you mean. English na oyibo language.. I can not cum and kill myself over it ,when they don't care about my own language.. If you are a male or female here ,and you know that you reason with your anus,please don't come to my mention. Na beg I dey o,e get why..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Good Reason Why You Should Go For Phd And 7 Bad Reasons Why You Should Not / “CredenceOne”, WAEC’s New Device To Tackle Malpractice! / Seplat Joint Venture 2020/2021 Scholarship Application Is Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.